Thread: Fluff Piece on Damarious Randall

Fluff Piece on Damarious Randall

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...ackers-defense

For two years, the Packers tried to turn Randall from the safety he was at Arizona State into an outside cover man in the NFL. But it was in an offseason review of their defense that Capers, cornerbacks Joe Whitt and coach Mike McCarthy decided to move Randall inside into the role – the "star" – similar to the one previously played by the likes of Micah Hyde and Charles Woodson.

“It’s a lot of what he did in college, first off,” Whitt said last week during the Packers’ minicamp. “He’s comfortable being inside, he has good quickness, he has good instincts, he has the ability to see and catch the flash of the football, he’s a smart player. I think he’s becoming a better communicator on the field and so he has the ability to be successful inside there.”
    It might be seen as a disappointment that a 1st round pick will only be a slot corner. But at this point, who cares? If he can be an effective slot corner, he'll make the defense better. The trio of House Gunter and King should be able to hold down the outside positions, enabling Randall to stay inside for the most part.

Joe Whitt said herb waters was covering everybody in otas. Not just covering rookies but locking down whoever was in front of him. Compared him to tramon. Said ppl thought he was crazy when he said tramon was the best cover guy years ago but said waters was covering anyone who faced him.

We might get a complete turn around from our corners this year!

This sounds crazy but I think it's possible to see Waters and King start at corner with Randall in the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    This sounds crazy but I think it's possible to see Waters and King start at corner with Randall in the slot.
    That would be an amazing turn of events. I have a feeling House starts the first few games because of his experience level no matter how the rest play.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...ackers-defense

It might be seen as a disappointment that a 1st round pick will only be a slot corner. But at this point, who cares? If he can be an effective slot corner, he'll make the defense better. The trio of House Gunter and King should be able to hold down the outside positions, enabling Randall to stay inside for the most part.
    I don't see the disappointment here. Slot defender in Capers's defense is a premium position. If he can come even remotely close to what CW did, the Packer defense will be greatly improved.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Joe Whitt said herb waters was covering everybody in otas. Not just covering rookies but locking down whoever was in front of him. Compared him to tramon. Said ppl thought he was crazy when he said tramon was the best cover guy years ago but said waters was covering anyone who faced him.

We might get a complete turn around from our corners this year!
    Former Miami WR turned CB. Will never work.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    That would be an amazing turn of events. I have a feeling House starts the first few games because of his experience level no matter how the rest play.
    And I think its going to be Gunther and King.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.