Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Guion On Vacation: Arrested for DUI

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    sure but if there's an injury to someone during his suspension they'd be silly to cut him especially if he has a good camp and preseason. maybe this is the wake up call he needs...maybe not. we'll see. they want to put the best team they can out there after all.

I think Letroy's had a few "wake up" calls, but he can't hear them because he's too stoned or drunk.

As for any new bold predictions, that one wasn't bold. It seems a rite of passage for the offseason to have a defensive lineman from Green Bay do something stupid. I suppose the other one is to have an important player get seriously hurt either before training camp or in the first week.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

A couple of posts saying that's not very high for a big guy, and that's just not correct. It's a %age, so .08 means the same thing for my 175lbs as it does for his 300lb+ one. And it takes him a hell of a lot more to get there. A rough calculation would be 7 drinks to get to that level, and that's if he downed them one after another.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...top-police-say

HONOLULU -- Green Bay Packers defensive lineman Letroy Guion smelled of alcohol and marijuana, stumbled when he walked and spoke with slurred speech when police pulled him over in a Porsche in Hawaii, according to arrest records obtained Thursday by The Associated Press.

His blood alcohol level was .086 percent about an hour after his early morning June 21 arrest for intoxicated driving in Waikiki, according to a police report.

"Please sir, it's my birthday," he told an officer, according to the records. "I can have someone else drive."

Guion was pulled over while driving a white 2017 Porsche Cayenne because he was drifting between lanes, the report said.

"I know I'm drunk," he told the officer in the records. "I've been drinking Hennessy all night. I don't drink any of that weak stuff, only the hard stuff."

He then tossed his wallet to his girlfriend who was riding in the passenger seat and asked if she could bail him out of jail.

Sober enough to plan bail, sober enough to decide for yourself to have someone else drive.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The owl of Minerva only flies at night.

Drunk and high? Now that's Packer people, at least on the defensive line.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Does anyone else get the sense that LeTroy is independent enough that he doesn't want an entourage to protect him but doesn't quite understand that the entourage would protect him from himself?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Does anyone else get the sense that LeTroy is independent enough that he doesn't want an entourage to protect him but doesn't quite understand that the entourage would protect him from himself?
    I'm not sure I've ever heard of an 'entourage' protecting somebody from themselves. A close friend or two, sure, but entourages just seem to be a bunch of leeches who encourage stupid behavior so that the booze and drugs keep flowing.

Guion is in the process of total self-destruction. Unless he is willing to go for some serious treatment (inpatient rehab for the next month, or the like), the Packers should just cut bait.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I'm not sure I've ever heard of an 'entourage' protecting somebody from themselves. A close friend or two, sure, but entourages just seem to be a bunch of leeches who encourage stupid behavior so that the booze and drugs keep flowing.

Guion is in the process of total self-destruction. Unless he is willing to go for some serious treatment (inpatient rehab for the next month, or the like), the Packers should just cut bait.
    It could of course get out of control, or introduce new problems. But having a couple of friends around would allow someone else to drive after a night out and to hold the contraband in case you get stopped.

Didn't Guion ever watch Animal House?

I believe it seems to have inspired him to become the man he is today.

KYPack

Gonzo.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Gonzo.
    only slightly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    only slightly surprised.
    That they cut him or that it took this long?

I'm guessing they wanted to look at all the possibilities for replacing him to make sure they would be fine without him for the whole season. Fortunately, they must feel fine, and Guion didn't manage to hurt himself in the first week of training camp. Given his tenuous situation, it might have been smart for him to push himself in camp to the point something blew out to get a few weeks of pay in settlement, but Guion hasn't been known for smart decisions.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

I'm guessing they wanted to look at all the possibilities for replacing him to make sure they would be fine without him for the whole season. Fortunately, they must feel fine, and Guion didn't manage to hurt himself in the first week of training camp. Given his tenuous situation, it might have been smart for him to push himself in camp to the point something blew out to get a few weeks of pay in settlement, but Guion hasn't been known for smart decisions.
    I think they very well though he was going to pick up another 4+ games for the DUI in Hawaii.
    So now instead of just 4 games, he was going to be suspended for at least half the season. Give Letroy half the season with no games and I'm sure he could be arrested/suspended at least one more time. They gave him plenty of chances.

Hello Brian Price.

that they cut him so soon actually. clearly they feel very comfortable with who they've got...and that's a good thing.
    Last edited by gbgary; 08-08-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Hello Brian Price.
    Yep. Daniels, Lowry, Clark, Francois, Price, and Adams when he returns is a pretty good group.

Letroy was a strong, strong, man, but that did not always equate to being a good player.

KYPack

You'd want him on a goal line stand but that's about it. No pass rush. The suspensions don't help either.