Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gonzo.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Gonzo.
    only slightly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    only slightly surprised.
    That they cut him or that it took this long?

I'm guessing they wanted to look at all the possibilities for replacing him to make sure they would be fine without him for the whole season. Fortunately, they must feel fine, and Guion didn't manage to hurt himself in the first week of training camp. Given his tenuous situation, it might have been smart for him to push himself in camp to the point something blew out to get a few weeks of pay in settlement, but Guion hasn't been known for smart decisions.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post

I'm guessing they wanted to look at all the possibilities for replacing him to make sure they would be fine without him for the whole season. Fortunately, they must feel fine, and Guion didn't manage to hurt himself in the first week of training camp. Given his tenuous situation, it might have been smart for him to push himself in camp to the point something blew out to get a few weeks of pay in settlement, but Guion hasn't been known for smart decisions.
    I think they very well though he was going to pick up another 4+ games for the DUI in Hawaii.
    So now instead of just 4 games, he was going to be suspended for at least half the season. Give Letroy half the season with no games and I'm sure he could be arrested/suspended at least one more time. They gave him plenty of chances.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post

that they cut him so soon actually. clearly they feel very comfortable with who they've got...and that's a good thing.
    Last edited by gbgary; 08-08-2017 at 04:09 PM.