Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: John Dorsey Fired by KC

John Dorsey Fired by KC

Just a guess, but possibly another victim of the Andy Reid school of management. Get close to a Super Bowl, stage a personnel coup and then blame others and bad luck for getting worse each subsequent year.

If they can find a position for him like they did with John Schneider when he came back after Seattle and Washington, then I would love to see him hired and take over as GM post-Ted.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jason Cole

Ex-Chiefs GM John Dorsey told a source within past 2 months that he was "butting heads" with owner Clark Hunt recently. Didn't say why

Maybe he'll be back with us as a high paid scout for a while and take over when the time comes. I don't see ted demoting anyone. That would be bad business imo.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Jason Cole

Ex-Chiefs GM John Dorsey told a source within past 2 months that he was "butting heads" with owner Clark Hunt recently. Didn't say why
    Does this mean he is headed for Los Angeles?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Maybe he'll be back with us as a high paid scout for a while and take over when the time comes. I don't see ted demoting anyone. That would be bad business imo.
    I was wondering about something similar. Hire him as a special top secret consultant and keep him in the wings until TT calls it quit after 2018.

I still think the next GM Is Elliot Wolf.
    "Aw, I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?" - Homer Simpson

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose: it's how drunk you get." - Homer Simpson

Jason Cole

Ah. The ol' "Head/Butt" problem.

Andy Reid: He can get you close, then wreck your franchise.

Bring Dorsey back here!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Andy Reid: He can get you close, then wreck your franchise.

Bring Dorsey back here!
    4 straight NFCC and one losing super bowl to show for it. Sounds a LOT like someone else. Subtle differences, but right now its very similar.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

No, the Chiefs are in cap hell. Dorsey is a good talent guy but I think he lacks the cap acumen to ever be GM. I know we have Russ Ball but that's still a pretty bad sign for a GM. And remember that the Chiefs have a relatively low cap hit from their QB. That's not a "luxury" that Dorsey would be afforded in GB. In quotes of course because Rodgers at almost any price is still preferable to Alex Smith at almost any price.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    4 straight NFCC and one losing super bowl to show for it. Sounds a LOT like someone else. Subtle differences, but right now its very similar.
    There are differences: Your accounting of Reid's record has to be put into the context that Andy Reid has gotten fired from one gig because after his SB appearance his teams fell apart completely; two, he doesn't have a SB appearance with his new team; three, his now-fired GM has gotten them into cap hell to try to get Andy what he needs to get to the SB, but he hasn't done it; four, MM won his SB appearance.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    No, the Chiefs are in cap hell. Dorsey is a good talent guy but I think he lacks the cap acumen to ever be GM. I know we have Russ Ball but that's still a pretty bad sign for a GM. And remember that the Chiefs have a relatively low cap hit from their QB. That's not a "luxury" that Dorsey would be afforded in GB. In quotes of course because Rodgers at almost any price is still preferable to Alex Smith at almost any price.
    Its not all clear that the cap was his purview. Reid has final roster say and the owner might have the cap dude reporting to him and not Dorsey.

Its a very fair question and should be asked though.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If we still have Ball I won't bitch with the hiring of Dorsey.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
    The #Chiefs have reached out to ESPN analyst Louis Riddick to set up an interview for next week for their now-vacant GM job, sources say

Louis Riddick‏ @LRiddickESPN 54m54 minutes ago
    The Kansas City Chiefs have not contacted me and there is no interview set up for this week. Source? Me.

So RapSheet got played. Was he played to try to skirt the Rooney rule? Or just played to keep people tuned in?

In a fair universe, he would burn the source. Or, if his source was second hand, that source should burn his source.

The criticisms of Dorsey are starting to emerge:

"According to Terez A. Paylor of the Kansas City Star, concerns about communication and management styles contributed at least in part to the seemingly abrupt decision to part ways with G.M. John Dorsey.

“John does stuff and doesn’t tell people why,” an unnamed source told Paylor regarding the decision to move on from a pair of executives, Trip MacCracken and Will Lewis, without much internal explanation. Another unnamed source told Paylor that Dorsey’s management style “could wear on people.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/

“He’s not a big disciplinarian or big on chain of command, so people did what they wanted,” an unnamed source told Paylor

Maybe not a Reid power play:

Jason La Canfora‏ @JasonLaCanfora 8m8 minutes ago
    Further evidence Chiefs GM change spearheaded by ownership - Andy Reid had little to no role in interviewing process. Let by Hunt/Donovan

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
    The #Chiefs have reached out to ESPN analyst Louis Riddick to set up an interview for next week for their now-vacant GM job, sources say

Louis Riddick‏ @LRiddickESPN 54m54 minutes ago
    The Kansas City Chiefs have not contacted me and there is no interview set up for this week. Source? Me.

So RapSheet got played. Was he played to try to skirt the Rooney rule? Or just played to keep people tuned in?

In a fair universe, he would burn the source. Or, if his source was second hand, that source should burn his source.
    "sources"

actually, both reports could be true. The first report claims the Chiefs 'reached out' but doesn't confirm that contact was made. It also doesn't claim a meeting was, in fact, scheduled.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    "sources"

actually, both reports could be true. The first report claims the Chiefs 'reached out' but doesn't confirm that contact was made. It also doesn't claim a meeting was, in fact, scheduled.
    They could be splitting a hair while only talking to an agent. Odd that Roddick goes to some length to deny and then mock the source. ESPN doesn't care if he is being contacted, its not for the same job.

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SOME OLD RAT
    BRING BLACK JOHN DORSEY!!!!

"Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

^^^^ WORD! LORD FAVRE!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

They could be splitting a hair while only talking to an agent. Odd that Roddick goes to some length to deny and then mock the source. ESPN doesn't care if he is being contacted, its not for the same job.
    you realize I was being feces-ish?