Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best Offenses of All Time

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Yup, we could call them--after the ill-advised, Peppers-induced Burnett slide--the points of no return.
    It was still very winnable. But no, run into a 9 man front with one wideout.

Who needs a first down?!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I still get slightly sick when I think about that game. That was worse than the 4th-and-26 game, I think.

Not that it was an all-time great offense, but I enjoyed the '82 Packers' offense, with Dickey and Lofton and Ivery. They could score.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

The 2017 GB Packers!
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    The 2017 GB Packers!
    Entirely possible.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

the dickey, lofton, jefferson, coffman, o was great to watch. the '89 majik, sharpe, o was fun too.

it's funny how we associate great o with passing. the ground and pound o's of the '60s don't even come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    The 2017 GB Packers!
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Entirely possible.
    yup.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    the '89 majik, sharpe, o was fun too
    After further review, the Bears still suck.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    the dickey, lofton, jefferson, coffman, o was great to watch. the '89 majik, sharpe, o was fun too.

it's funny how we associate great o with passing. the ground and pound o's of the '60s don't even come to mind.
    Pretty much. Still, there are some great ground and pound games in living memory. The Tampa Bay 'Clifton payback game' of 2003 comes to mind
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Pretty much. Still, there are some great ground and pound games in living memory. The Tampa Bay 'Clifton payback game' of 2003 comes to mind
    ahman green's game against sea, lacy against dal, too.

Lotta Ahman games looked like that. The modern version of ground and pound anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Lotta Ahman games looked like that. The modern version of ground and pound anyway.
    yeah, especially with U71. Helped compensate for Favre's broken thumb to be sure.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    The GB/Sea snowglobe playoff game.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    The GB/Sea snowglobe playoff game.
    ya, but in that game the pass set up the run, particularly because the Grant fumbles delayed the gameplan (which I'm pretty sure was to run, run run).

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    ya, but in that game the pass set up the run, particularly because the Grant fumbles delayed the gameplan (which I'm pretty sure was to run, run run).
    No, Favre didn't even throw for 200 yards that game. Grant rushed for over 200 after the fumbles.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Just looked at the box score 35 runs to 23 passes.

408 total yards - 235 rushing - 173 passing

-Tim Harmston

You're both wrong. It was Bigby's game of a lifetime that set the offense up repeatedly in the first half. The final stats were tilted toward the running game because the Packers were up the second half and were able to keep it on the ground, running it down the Seahawks thoats. In the first half they were much more balanced. But not to the extent that you could say they used the pass to set up the run. Bigby was the straw that stirred the drink that evening.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    No, Favre didn't even throw for 200 yards that game. Grant rushed for over 200 after the fumbles.
    I don't see how what you write disagrees with my point. As I said the pass set up the run. Not that it was a huge passing game. I also pointed out that I was sure the game plan was run heavy. And that's how it went after they got back in the game. But when the pack got down early, passing got them back in the game and loosened everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    You're both wrong. It was Bigby's game of a lifetime that set the offense up repeatedly in the first half. The final stats were tilted toward the running game because the Packers were up the second half and were able to keep it on the ground, running it down the Seahawks thoats. In the first half they were much more balanced. But not to the extent that you could say they used the pass to set up the run. Bigby was the straw that stirred the drink that evening.
    BIG HITS!!!

Who needs announcers and color commentators when you have Tony Siragusa. That aside, I am a bit mystified about how the new millennial Packer ground game made its way into a thread about GOAT offense. There is no association between the two, and if there ever was Shermy killed it in January 2004.

and sea had 8 in the box most of the time.