Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahman Ah-rested

Ahman Ah-rested

http://www.wsaw.com/fox/content/news...430873193.html
    GREEN BAY, Wis. (WSAW) -- Police are recommending former Packers running back, Ahman Green be charged with child abuse after the 40-year-old was arrested early Monday morning.

WBAY-TV reports Green could make a court appearance Monday afternoon.

Online court records show no criminal charges have yet been filed.

Green played 12 seasons in the NFL, including eight for the Packers. He retired in 2009 as the Packers’ career rushing leader with 8,322 yards.
    "Aw, I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?" - Homer Simpson

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose: it's how drunk you get." - Homer Simpson

He has been in trouble once before, do I remember that correctly?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He has been in trouble once before, do I remember that correctly?
    He was arrested for domestic violence back in 2005:
    http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/f...stic-violence/
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2...ted/428142001/

Some more details coming out:

Green was arrested at his home about 11:30 p.m. Sunday after he pushed his daughter and struck her in the head, a criminal complaint says. The daughter had run to a neighbor's house for help after the altercation, the complaint says. The daughter told the investigating deputy that the incident had been "going on all day and it's about doing dishes," the complaint says.

The daughter told police Green pays her an allowance when she comes and stays for extended visitation periods, and that he expects her to do chores to earn that allowance, but that she didn't want to do it, the complaint says.

Green's wife, who is not the girl's mother, told a deputy the girl "is always trying to pull stuff like this" and that she had been talking earlier how she was going to call police to get Green in trouble, the complaint says.

Green admitted to an officer he may have thrown the girl to the ground, tearing her shirt, and that he slapped her head and may have hit her glasses, causing an injury to her eye, the complaint says.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    This is the Dark Knight, not the Adam West Batman.

Still, just do the damn dishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    If that's the entire story it's a pity it had to hit the media. Domestic situations such as this suck.
    Or maybe you just can't lay a hand on anyone these days.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    This is the Dark Knight, not the Adam West Batman.

Still, just do the damn dishes.
    Or stop paying the damn allowance.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Or stop paying the damn allowance.
    Touché!

This is shocking. Ahman Green is only 40? I just picture him in a helmet with a single bar facemask.

If you admit hitting the girl and injuring her eye with either the hit or the glasses, its time to go away for awhile.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If you admit hitting the girl and injuring her eye with either the hit or the glasses, its time to go away for awhile.
    Well, the exact nature of it matters a lot. Maybe I'm becoming a dinosaur on this stuff, but if it's just a slap in response to a confrontational kid, then I think you let it go. If he punched or otherwise hit her with injuring force, then it should be treated as an assault. Ahman (and all men) have a special responsibility to control themselves and not hurt women. (And for Stan/Loretta, the rare strong women have the same responsibility towards their diminutive men).
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Yeah, god forbid anyone discipline their bratty, entitled, lazy children. If they did, there would be no future for the Democratic party.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Well, the exact nature of it matters a lot. Maybe I'm becoming a dinosaur on this stuff, but if it's just a slap in response to a confrontational kid, then I think you let it go. If he punched or otherwise hit her with injuring force, then it should be treated as an assault. Ahman (and all men) have a special responsibility to control themselves and not hurt women. (And for Stan/Loretta, the rare strong women have the same responsibility towards their diminutive men).
    A slap that is just a slap is one thing. A slap (and that is his description) that injures is a couple of steps beyond simply discipline. Given human nature, my guess is that slap is the kindest interpretation. He also has a history here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Yeah, god forbid anyone discipline their bratty, entitled, lazy children. If they did, there would be no future for the Democratic party.
    So in black and white world its either injure or ignore for child discipline?

Doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

no blood, no foul

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    no blood, no foul
    I'd say an eye injury is equivalent to blood. This is apparently third domestic incident involving Green. The dude has problems and needs a time out, followed by anger management therapy.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

no blood, no foul
    For the most part I agree; that includes bruising. A bruise means it isn't just a slap.

I don't know what happened, I'm just trying to articulate a difference between a hit that injures and a slap. I've never hit a woman, but my wife has slapped our kids on rare occasion. I didn't think she needed to be jailed.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

no blood, no foul
    Neither fish nor fowl.

The report said the police report said there was bruising around the eye. You don't get that from a slap. The distinction between what is legally permissible (discipline) and what is assault usually rests on whether or not the force leaves a lasting mark (such as bruising), whether or not the action could be reasonably construed as intended to give a lesson (so hitting a child in anger would count as abuse), and whether or not the person inflicting the pain is in control. It sounds like Ahman fell on the wrong side of the law on at least two and probably all three of those criteria. The child is a teenager. I wonder how long this pattern has been going on.....

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Neither fish nor fowl.

The report said the police report said there was bruising around the eye. You don't get that from a slap. The distinction between what is legally permissible (discipline) and what is assault usually rests on whether or not the force leaves a lasting mark (such as bruising), whether or not the action could be reasonably construed as intended to give a lesson (so hitting a child in anger would count as abuse), and whether or not the person inflicting the pain is in control. It sounds like Ahman fell on the wrong side of the law on at least two and probably all three of those criteria. The child is a teenager. I wonder how long this pattern has been going on.....
    I have seen people bruise from less than a slap. You can't generalize what causes a bruise without knowing the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I'd say an eye injury is equivalent to blood. This is apparently third domestic incident involving Green. The dude has problems and needs a time out, followed by anger management therapy.
    He had to undergo anger management counseling following a domestic incident in 2005. Might need a refresher course.