Thread: Datone Jones Fitting Right Into Vikings

Datone Jones Fitting Right Into Vikings

Loves that he is at a spot where he knows his position, which he feels wasn't the case with the Packers. Wait until the Vikes D coaches find out that no matter what his position is, he will just a half step slow to close the deal.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/vikings/sto...like-green-bay
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I think he's going to do much better there. 4-3 de is his NFL position.

Did he get arrested or something?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    They want him to play DT according to PA on KFAN.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I think he's going to do much better there. 4-3 de is his NFL position.
    Agree JH. It always felt like he was a square peg that they kept trying to jam into a round hole while he was in GB so I was actually glad when they just let him go. I won't be surprised if he plays better as a true 4-3 DE with the Vikes either.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Did he get arrested or something?
    He bought a boat.

If you want arrested or suspended, you need the Cowboys Defense.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    They want him to play DT according to PA on KFAN.
    dt. well. so his speed shouldn't be a problem there...but his size might be.

I think he'll be playing 4-3 DT in the vein of Santana Dotson. The 3-technique. I don't think he'll be great but he's going to give them depth there. Not a bad signing for them. No risk and decent upside.

The tips of Jones's fingers will lightly brush the back of Aaron Rodgers's jersey just as Rodgers fires a touchdown pass to Martellus Bennett.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

He was the ultimate complimentary guy. He was good enough to be where he needed to be but he was not likely to make the play.

He could do well in a pretty good Vikings front.

I am beginning to think that the Vikings' loss of Bridgewater will be seen as a major negative turning point for a franchise that was close to getting over the top. They paid a lot of Bradford, who seems pretty decent - but they paid a lot for pretty decent. Then there was the coaching brouhaha, and now they seem back to trying to get near the top instead of being right on the brink.

I wonder how good that defense will actually be.

KYPack

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Did Jones stomp anyone's helmet yet?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck