Thread: Stat Padding

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Aaron Rodgers will be first QB with 300 TDs before 100 interceptions

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 6, 2017, 10:43 AM EDT

AP
    Ten players in NFL history have thrown 300 or more touchdown passes. Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is poised to become the 11th — and the first to do so before throwing 100 interceptions.

The Packers front office refuses to surround Rodgers with the talent needed to win a championship. Another wasted HOF QB with just one SB win. All they care about is their amusement park and money.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    The Packers front office refuses to surround Rodgers with the talent needed to win a championship. Another wasted HOF QB with just one SB win. All they care about is their amusement park and money.
    Just shows that all ARod cares about are his stats. It is not about wins and losses but his stats only.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

If he wanted to win, he would throw the ball to the opposition more.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I wonder how much of this is ARod and how much a reflection of how NFL offenses have changed in recent decades. Right now ARod's TD-to-INT ratio looks like a complete outlier among the historical elite of NFL QBs (30% better than his closest competitor), but that's in comparison to guys who for the most part started their careers a decade or more earlier. Of the 20 best single season TD:INT performances in NFL history, 18 of them have come in the last ten years. Ten years from now, when guys like Derek Carr get added to this list, things might look a little different. ARod will still be elite in this department but the gap probably won't be as huge as it is today.

Ted has done a good job of surrounding ARod with offensive talent... the problem is, as always, the Packers longtime bugaboo, i.e they are completely clueless about how to scout, draft, develop, coach, and play defense.

By the time Rodgers retires it will be approx. 30 years with 2 HOF QB's and only 2 titles... that has to be considered an organizational failure.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    If he wanted to win, he would throw the ball to the opposition more.
    lol. it's funny how taking care of the ball is suddenly a bad thing.

it's not like he doesn't throw into tight coverage...he just doesn't do it often. oh, and i don't think it'll change any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    lol. it's funny how taking care of the ball is suddenly a bad thing.

it's not like he doesn't throw into tight coverage...he just doesn't do it often. oh, and i don't think it'll change any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Rodgers is careful with the ball, and there's nothing at all wrong with that. He's almost like the polar opposite to Brett Favre, who was often careless with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    of course it was a joke. that's what the lol is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Rodgers is careful with the ball, and there's nothing at all wrong with that. He's almost like the polar opposite to Brett Favre, who was MOSTLY careless with the ball.
    Fixed
    "Aw, I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?" - Homer Simpson

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose: it's how drunk you get." - Homer Simpson

When you look at that list, both John Elway and Fran Tarkenton were interception machines. They made Brent Favre look careful in comparison.

Hoosier makes a good point - this could also be in part about rules changes. When ol' Fran was playing (and driving me nuts as a kid; from his scrambles against the Pack came my trademark scream "TACKLE THE SUNUVABITCH!"), the defense could practically mug a receiver (and there was no five yard zone; they did it all over the field) and stickum was mandatory equipment for defensive backs. Plus QB's in those days got hit like everyone else, so with no rules to protect them it's possible that created some ill-advised throws in order not to get body-slammed.

I think interceptions are too great of a mistake to justify by saying a QB needs to take more chances. When Rodgers trusts a receiver, he'll throw it into a small window. I much prefer Rodgers's style to Favre's.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack