Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: PackerRats Glossary

I've never really understood what The Meadow was. Perhaps Skin or someone can explain. http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?23092-The-Meadow

I think my favorite mean from another board was when one of our posters fresh out of a free public school system pointed out that hindsight was 50/50.

That meme even has deeper levels of meaning. Maybe hindsight is 50/50.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    I think my favorite mean from another board was when one of our posters fresh out of a free public school system pointed out that hindsight was 50/50.

That meme even has deeper levels of meaning. Maybe hindsight is 50/50.
    actually 50/50 would be the equivalent of 20/20 so he isn't wrong per say:

"It's essentially equal to 20/20. It means that when standing fifty feet away from something, (let's assume you're reading) you can read what the average person would be able to from fifty feet away. If you had 50/100 vision, it would mean that you would have to be fifty feet away from something to see what the average person can see from one hundred feet away."
    "Aw, I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?" - Homer Simpson

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose: it's how drunk you get." - Homer Simpson

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

There are no cement blocks in the Meadow.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    In many of MM early pressers any and all issues with line play can be addressed and in theory fixed by changing their pad level. This evolved to a short way of saying MM evaded or ignored the question at said pressers. I think he is the most secretive of all head coaches now...

Next Up: The meadow
    The Meadow: Exists currently as a thread in the Garbage Can where one can hurl insults and witticisms of all varieties at other posters without fear of being punished for vulgarity, rudeness or transgressions of one of the seven deadly sins (pride, covetousness, lust, anger, gluttony, envy, and sloth for the forgetful). http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?23092-The-Meadow

Which reminds me, there should be seven deadly PackerRats sins thread.

But back to topic. Poster Woodbuck, who might get his own entry in the PackerRats encyclopedia covering several long pages, would express his frustration with posters who vexed him by indicating he desired a place to take whippersnapper posters and teach them some manners. There was a suggestion of violence, but it could also have been an invitation to sit down for a very long conversation (think Entmoot) and tea. Confusion reigned as the Meadow could have been anything between a gunless OK Corral and a parliament meeting in an amphitheater, though we dare say it always seemed slightly foreboding.

The Meadow seemed an important place or concept initially, where men could hash out their differences, but after initial confusion, the lack of details resulted in the Meadow, for PackerRats anyway, simply being another thread in the Garbage Can that is also ignored by most of the posters.

Next up: Soft 'N Small!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The Meadow: Poster Woodbuck, who might get his own entry in the PackerRats encyclopedia covering several long pages, would express his frustration with posters who vexed him by indicating he desired a place to take whippersnapper posters and teach them some manners. There was a suggestion of violence,....
    a suggestion...

Quote Originally Posted by Woodbuck
    I can get down today.right now and do 5000 crunch's for a joke. Before you can really work right ( at a maximum performance level) or do much of anything physical your core needs to be HARD. Every bit of piss n vinegar that I do have in me comes from a mental capacity and confidence that's backed up with experience and conditioning. This wil surrize you Yur a lager ma than I am. I'm jst nde 5'-9 " and just got weighed myself this morning at 179 lbs. Every part of my body is muscled..HARD. You've never seen any man strike with the speed I possess. I can hit a man in the throat before he can wink. When he's coughing or puking I decide if he's going to go to sleep or not. If I reay don't lke him...I' kick him inside the right knee and the clip him behind the left ear. That takes about 3-4 seconds. f I reay don't like him..I box him and rip and tear at him until I must offer mercy. I don't ever lose a scrap Deputy. If some idiot blinsides me I'l get him with all the GUTS I possess. This ability to scrap wasn't a natural gift. I had to learn my skills. I grew up in the thoughest get down and ger dirty City in Canada. You often has to use self defense to just survive in the pen. I've never bee one to cower I any shadows. I've always been courageous and read
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I pray a universe exists where Woodbuck is a fist-fighting superhero.

Found this after wasting time reliving fame wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodbuck
    THE MEADOW.

Let's develop a new site on PackerRats. The meadowB].

That's where this sort of matter or any dissention can be dealt with for the overall good health of Packerrats. Away from the general population and decent good will of OUR Packer Home. A Green Bay Packer HOME which should be excluded from such bad feelings between... ahh.... gentleman.

The Meadow where honour should be, if necessary, restored and with difnity intact. If I have a dispute wit Harry and that dispute cannot be resolved between Harry and I within the confines of a reasonale time frame. If a dispute or insult becomes a feud. The whole villiage doesn't nor should have to be involved.

The solution. The Meadow.

We have a community here. People of all sorts and personality post here. In any community bad feelings may unfortunately and realistically follow insult. If a poster feels the need to resore personal dignity. That poster should NOT be unfairly judged or feel the frenzy, as others chirp in with their two cents worth. When the issue is none of their business. Why should any poster ever feel the need to choose a side and gang on one side Vs any individual poster here at PackerRats!??

We've posters that plainly do not want to come here and see this sort of drama enacted. I personaly feel terrile over such dissention.

Just a comment over this latest bruhaahaa. I do not want to seemas I'm choosing any side as that isn,t the case. I just want to offer my skills as a leader. I 've posted here since the Spring of 2006. I have done service to PackerRats and I am certinly loyal. I'm qualified by a lifetime of leadership. I will contend that I'm a member of PackerRats with overall, a solid performance record and a history of positive contribution. Thus I feel it necessary to offer a simple solution.

My post in no way should be interpreted as choosing sides. I've no contenton with either retailguy or Partial. I must make this comment based on my observation.

I've observed Partial get bullied to the point I am sure he had to go nearly mad. Partial is a hman being folks.He has been treated horrifically by certain people her that in no way can set themselves aside as models of comportment. Partial has beendriven so hard IMO he had to break. Explode (slash) IMPLODE !!

Overall this sort of issue reflects poorly on why PackerRats exists. We need to be here to discuss our beloved Green Bay Packers and keep abreast of team developments. To similiarly discuss the NFL in general. To discuss fantasy sports, Pro baseball and basketball. To discuss anything in Romper Room. None of these venues needs to be tarnished over matters of honor.

Posters will even find difference with this common sense solution. The MEADOW.So I sand here and forever to offer this is an easy solution to any bad feelings between posters. This solution is clearly reasonable and if adopted will greatly benefit PackerRats.

Why ? THe MEADOW. . . . and

No! The Garbage can isn't the answer as the venue in OUR forum for such encounter. I assume that venue covers other topics. I don't enter the Garbage can for personal reasons.All the debate as to who was right or wrong and who's hypocriticle or otherwise accused of this and that wrong. All that can be posted in 'The Meadow'.

Why?

Because all of that only ads more pain to the initial engagement of posters not geting along. If any poster is insulted, bullied or stalked or otherwise affronted by any poster (S).

That insulted poster should be able, unjudged by others, to defend his (her) honor. My suggestion of such a venue is the solution to keeping PackerRats a site which deserves the highest reputation on the internet. The Meadow will restore 'virtual reality' to OUR forum. If any poster here insults me, otherwise attacks me. I should be able to call him out and defend my integrity. I should be able to do so without being judged or otherwise incurring the wrath of posters here. Posters that should have no part or offense with my issues brought on by the careless antics of certain posters here that exist primarily IMO to insult and ridicule innoscent people. Those same posters IMO by and large are 'the Usual suspects', I've referred to in a past post and connected in my honest observation with just this sort of negative for OUR Packer Home. This issue of contentious behaviour here has to be dealt with sensably in an area of OUR Forum that's far far away from the general good health and color of Packerrats. A special place set apart to duel it out 'one on one'.

I'm not the poster here that protests too much. I'm a poster here that really carescabout the overall good will in PackerRats.

I'm a poster that deserves to defend my honor. As all others here should be able to, as well. To post with proper esteem without harassment and make a positive contribution here overall and never have to use a counter attack on any other poster in open forum. If I do I get a one time warning to move it to 'the Meadow', or suffer the ire of the ownership, management and leadership that must protect the membership overall anything else. That group 'OUR LEADERSHIP', must have a primary duty to protect the integrity of PackerRats overall; insist on posters not being selfish rather by far contributing and mutually promoteing the deserved good will of PackerRats.

i.e.

If any poster here feels a need to attack or insult me. He (she) can then be called out by me and I will warn Y'all. I will in some cases of observing certain posters do just that. I will ask him (her) or them, into ' the Meadow , and I will ' in debate ' royally kick his (her) their ass. That isn't arrogance, rather confidence Packerrats. If I draw my sword in real life I'm going to defeat my enemy. In OUR near future I'M confident that my suggestion will become reality at PackerRats. Why? Again, it just makes sense. We need common sense here folks.

All good men and women will be able to defend their honor in THE MEADOW; if need be.

The Meadow. Will return PackerRats to a higher level of good will among posters.

P. S. Have a very pleasant day evening PackerRats. (-:

[B]My name is Edwin woodbuck27 and Bert Bosch in Fantasy Sports.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I am the ruler of The Meadow! and I'm not even sure what it is. All I know is that Upnorth still owes me 3 bags of double stuffed Oreos.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I am the ruler of The Meadow! and I'm not even sure what it is. All I know is that Upnorth still owes me 3 bags of double stuffed Oreos.
    I mailed them to the meadow. You didn't receive them?

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    a suggestion...
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Found this after wasting time reliving fame wars.
    But that is exactly the duality of the Meadow and of woodblock's entire oeuvre. Its a place to meet online to take disputes (like a message board!), accompanied by reminders of how you won't be able to win a physical battle (somewhere in Canada). And that people better than posters have taken their shot and lost.

Its a true mind bender. The Meadow is a place an argument can be settled, except that the final form cannot exist in this space.

Maybe its Part II of a trilogy?

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    I mailed them to the meadow. You didn't receive them?
    Damn US Postal Service.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Damn US Postal Service.
    Damn US Postal Service: Quasi-government agency that requires it's most dedicated employees to drive vehicles that turn into ovens if the temperature approaches 80F.

Next Up: Dunderdummy

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Damn US Postal Service: Quasi-government agency that requires it's most dedicated employees to drive vehicles that turn into ovens if the temperature approaches 80F.

You gotta do Soft n Small too or we'll have skipped an important chapter of Rat panic.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Would be nice to update the first post to include all of this great info. New people might actually use it
    It took me quite some time to figure out what JAG meant when I first came here......
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Blog Entries
    I am Dunderdummy!

Jesus, Woodbuck was a lot nuttier than I thought.

If his rant was real, we are almost the same size.

He is a good bit goofier than I am, but he is Canadian, so It's OK

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    I am Dunderdummy!

Jesus, Woodbuck was a lot nuttier than I thought.

If his rant was real, we are almost the same size.

He is a good bit goofier than I am, but he is Canadian, so It's OK
    I'm not dunderdummy, but the rest of you are

wist

Blog Entries
    I think you got it, Wist.

It was the old Spartacus routine.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    But that is exactly the duality of the Meadow and of woodblock's entire oeuvre. Its a place to meet online to take disputes (like a message board!), accompanied by reminders of how you won't be able to win a physical battle (somewhere in Canada). And that people better than posters have taken their shot and lost.

Its a true mind bender. The Meadow is a place an argument can be settled, except that the final form cannot exist in this space.

Maybe its Part II of a trilogy?
    Hey Bye George I think you got it.

The Meadow was to be a place where 'only' two verbal combatants could begin a take down of the other (without any posting input by any other member).

It was to be the equivalent to the arranged Street Fight between 'only two combatants' like I was used to, in the tough streets of my Hometown the Port City, Saint John, New Brunswick Canada. That literally without any threats of actual physical violence 'of course'.

It was to be a posting duel with one member having the objective of out duelling the other. Using any writing means possible, except threats of violence was 'off limits'.

That duel may go on for hours to even days and the loser is the member that gives up and fails to post for say 20-30 minutes 'Time Limit'.

My Name Is Ed..woodbuck27
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau