Thread: PackerRats Glossary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Love Stubby...MM fit Stubby before I knew its correct usage was primarily directed at his intractable nature. I use it frequently, and in proper context people unfamiliar with the term but fully familiar with Stubby immediately catch its reference and meaning; I daresay the term is metastasizing like a Cleft Crusty squamous cell butt mole.

I liked the Packer People definition, but would point out that Packer People has several possible usage profiles: it can be applied in all seriousness, as in Blake Martinez is Packer People; its negative can be used just as seriously, as in Colt Lyerla is not Packer People; and its facetious use must be understood as well, as in Letroy Guion was bringing home cash and bud for his fam 'cause he's Packer People.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Love Stubby...MM fit Stubby before I knew its correct usage was primarily directed at his intractable nature. I use it frequently, and in proper context people unfamiliar with the term but fully familiar with Stubby immediately catch its reference and meaning; I daresay the term is metastasizing like a Cleft Crusty squamous cell butt mole.

I liked the Packer People definition, but would point out that Packer People has several possible usage profiles: it can be applied in all seriousness, as in Blake Martinez is Packer People; its negative can be used just as seriously, as in Colt Lyerla is not Packer People; and its facetious use must be understood as well, as in Letroy Guion was bringing home cash and bud for his fam 'cause he's Packer People.
    Goddamn, Swede.

That was deep.

Sorta.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post

This is very true. I've used Stubby while watching a Packer game with my dad who has no clue of this forum or the term. He knew exactly who I was talking about and got "it" immediately. He even embraced the usage himself, and I've heard him refer to MM as Stubby since that time. Love it.

And to add something of questionable value.

M1: Mike Holmgren
    M2: Mike Sherman
    M3: Mike McCarthy

I'd define BFFFs if I knew what it was. Guess that's why this is the thread we need, even if we don't deserve it.
    Last edited by channtheman; 02-03-2018 at 04:35 AM.