Thread: PackerRats Glossary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    BOMNF! - Beer out my nose funny.

A reaction to any question by a reporter trying to get TT to talk about who he's looking at in the upcoming NFL Draft.

Next...FWIW
    For What It's Worth, correct? Meaning, someone gives an opinion or a factoid that may not add much info or the author is humble about his/her/xe opinion.

I realize many of these will be common internet phrases, but WTF, why not define them?

next: QFT
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    For What It's Worth, correct? Meaning, someone gives an opinion or a factoid that may not add much info or the author is humble about his/her/xe opinion.

I realize many of these will be common internet phrases, but WTF, why not define them?

next: QFT
    Quoted For Truth - this can be used for both good and evil. It can be a tip of the cap to the person saying it, but will also be used to preserve a post made by a poster who has a habit of going back and editing what they wrote, so they can not deny it later.

next up - FIFY
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Quoted For Truth - this can be used for both good and evil. It can be a tip of the cap to the person saying it, but will also be used to preserve a post made by a poster who has a habit of going back and editing what they wrote, so they can not deny it later.

next up - FIFY
    FIFY = Fixed It For You (normally used to make a joke or contrary point while "quoting" a previous poster by changing a key word of the quote)

Next up 579!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    FIFY = Fixed It For You (normally used to make a joke or contrary point while "quoting" a previous poster by changing a key word of the quote)

Next up 579!
    Ah, a modern classic. 579 is the number of yards the Kaepernick-led, read-option, SF offense amounted against a totally unprepared and befuddled Capers defense in the Divisional round following the 2012 season. Since, this number (with exclamation point, italicized, boldened, and in largest font available) has become a shorthand for the shortcomings of the Capers defense in particular and the Packer organization playoff failures generally.

Next up: Unsound!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Ah, a modern classic. 579 is the number of yards the Kaepernick-led, read-option, SF offense amounted against a totally unprepared and befuddled Capers defense in the Divisional round following the 2012 season. Since, this number (with exclamation point, italicized, boldened, and in largest font available) has become a shorthand for the shortcomings of the Capers defense in particular and the Packer organization playoff failures generally.

Next up: Unsound!
    It needs to be in red. Rbaloha's favorite color.

579!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston