Thread: PackerRats Glossary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Polar Bear: Mostly non-affectionate nickname for Ted Thompson. Initiated by Tank (aka Anti-Polar Bear) as a derogatory reference to the man who signed Matt O'Dwyer to a contract instead of Marco Rivera. If comparing those two players directly and reading the insinuation that Thompson preferred O'Dwyer to Rivera as a player makes your mind melt, then you understand what Polar Bear usage is all about. Brave members of the board have tried to take back the name and give it a more positive usage.
    lol. Funny but not 100% accurate.

There's nothing derogatory about "Polar Bear." Polar bears are majestic and potent creatures, so to call a "queen" a polar bear, in my humble stoic opinion, is making the ultimate compliment.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    lol. Funny but not 100% accurate.

There's nothing derogatory about "Polar Bear." Polar bears are majestic and potent creatures, so to call a "queen" a polar bear, in my humble stoic opinion, is making the ultimate compliment.
    Just whistling right past the graveyard on that one aren't ya?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.