Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 92

Thread: PackerRats Glossary

  1. #1

    PackerRats Glossary

    Inspired by a Guiness post quoting a Mr. Randism, let's document the language here on the forum.

    APRH = Assuming Players Remain Healthy

    A necessary caveat to discussing ANY Packer player's fortunes covering any period longer than 4 days.


    For the next poster, please take BOMNF! as the next entry. After you define, suggest the next word or acronym.
    “Don’t let strippers in your house” says Kokomo gun theft victim after 16 firearms stolen.

  2. #2
    Postal Rat HOFer Joemailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    19,606
    BOMNF! - Beer out my nose funny.

    A reaction to any question by a reporter trying to get TT to talk about who he's looking at in the upcoming NFL Draft.

    Next...FWIW

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    BOMNF! - Beer out my nose funny.

    A reaction to any question by a reporter trying to get TT to talk about who he's looking at in the upcoming NFL Draft.

    Next...FWIW
    I thought it was out my nose f...u...c...k!
    “Don’t let strippers in your house” says Kokomo gun theft victim after 16 firearms stolen.

  4. #4
    Diplomatic Immunity Rat HOFer mraynrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    USA, USA, USA
    Posts
    32,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    BOMNF! - Beer out my nose funny.

    A reaction to any question by a reporter trying to get TT to talk about who he's looking at in the upcoming NFL Draft.

    Next...FWIW
    For What It's Worth, correct? Meaning, someone gives an opinion or a factoid that may not add much info or the author is humble about his/her/xe opinion.

    I realize many of these will be common internet phrases, but WTF, why not define them?

    next: QFT
    I hate what you say about the Packers, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

  5. #5
    Stout Rat HOFer Guiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada, eh?
    Posts
    12,126
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    For What It's Worth, correct? Meaning, someone gives an opinion or a factoid that may not add much info or the author is humble about his/her/xe opinion.

    I realize many of these will be common internet phrases, but WTF, why not define them?

    next: QFT
    Quoted For Truth - this can be used for both good and evil. It can be a tip of the cap to the person saying it, but will also be used to preserve a post made by a poster who has a habit of going back and editing what they wrote, so they can not deny it later.

    next up - FIFY
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

    "He was mocked in the third, but after the combine they'll mock him into the first, for sure." - Fritz

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Quoted For Truth - this can be used for both good and evil. It can be a tip of the cap to the person saying it, but will also be used to preserve a post made by a poster who has a habit of going back and editing what they wrote, so they can not deny it later.

    next up - FIFY
    FIFY = Fixed It For You (normally used to make a joke or contrary point while "quoting" a previous poster by changing a key word of the quote)


    Next up 579!
    “Don’t let strippers in your house” says Kokomo gun theft victim after 16 firearms stolen.

  7. #7
    Diplomatic Immunity Rat HOFer mraynrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    USA, USA, USA
    Posts
    32,545
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    FIFY = Fixed It For You (normally used to make a joke or contrary point while "quoting" a previous poster by changing a key word of the quote)


    Next up 579!
    Ah, a modern classic. 579 is the number of yards the Kaepernick-led, read-option, SF offense amounted against a totally unprepared and befuddled Capers defense in the Divisional round following the 2012 season. Since, this number (with exclamation point, italicized, boldened, and in largest font available) has become a shorthand for the shortcomings of the Capers defense in particular and the Packer organization playoff failures generally.

    Next up: Unsound!
    I hate what you say about the Packers, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

  8. #8
    Neo Rat HOFer Fritz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Detroitish
    Posts
    15,015
    "Unsound." Didn't that one come out of someone's offseason rant - probably Wist - about the (lack of) value of the Packer two-man defensive line formations?

    Next up: "Patlerized."
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

    KYPack

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    "Unsound." Didn't that one come out of someone's offseason rant - probably Wist - about the (lack of) value of the Packer two-man defensive line formations?

    Next up: "Patlerized."
    Its 2 down lineman yes, but also abandoning the middle of the field or refusing to worry about the run defense. Unsound can be used with 579's artistic touches for a fun effect.
    “Don’t let strippers in your house” says Kokomo gun theft victim after 16 firearms stolen.

  10. #10
    Diplomatic Immunity Rat HOFer mraynrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    USA, USA, USA
    Posts
    32,545
    Lambeau Field is alive with the unsound of Capers.
    I hate what you say about the Packers, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

  11. #11
    Indenial Rat HOFer bobblehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Top of a peaceful rock
    Posts
    10,106
    Fuckdoggle...even though I prefer McFuckdoggle.
    Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is. -- Arnold Palmer

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Fuckdoggle...even though I prefer McFuckdoggle.
    Before you can suggest one you have to answer one. Fritz has Patlerized on the board.
    “Don’t let strippers in your house” says Kokomo gun theft victim after 16 firearms stolen.

  13. #13
    Diplomatic Immunity Rat HOFer mraynrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    USA, USA, USA
    Posts
    32,545
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Before you can suggest one you have to answer one. Fritz has Patlerized on the board.
    Nah, this is packerrats. No stinking rules! (we must have a packerrat word for that, yes, it's TANK!) LOL.

    I also suggest: "BRING BLACK ....."
    I hate what you say about the Packers, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

  14. #14
    Senior Rat HOFer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Ah, a modern classic. 579 is the number of yards the Kaepernick-led, read-option, SF offense amounted against a totally unprepared and befuddled Capers defense in the Divisional round following the 2012 season. Since, this number (with exclamation point, italicized, boldened, and in largest font available) has become a shorthand for the shortcomings of the Capers defense in particular and the Packer organization playoff failures generally.

    Next up: Unsound!
    It needs to be in red. Rbaloha's favorite color.

    579!
    Sometimes life leaves a hundred dollar bill on your dresser, and you don't realize until later that it's because it f***** you.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Nah, this is packerrats. No stinking rules! (we must have a packerrat word for that, yes, it's TANK!) LOL.

    I also suggest: "BRING BLACK ....."
    No, the answer and suggest way gets everyone involved.

    Otherwise the list of 42 I came up with earlier today while avoiding work is going to ruin everyone else's fun.
    “Don’t let strippers in your house” says Kokomo gun theft victim after 16 firearms stolen.

  16. #16
    Diplomatic Immunity Rat HOFer mraynrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    USA, USA, USA
    Posts
    32,545
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    No, the answer and suggest way gets everyone involved.

    Otherwise the list of 42 I came up with earlier today while avoiding work is going to ruin everyone else's fun.
    alright alright alright. have to address the one on the table then suggest next. But no harm in suggesting out of the blue I think. It may be a while before more people return from off season haitus, if ever.

    You came up with 42? Even Tank couldn't come up with 42 'Ted Trapped in the Closet' poems.

    'Packer People' could be one
    I hate what you say about the Packers, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Next up: "Patlerized."
    To patlerize is to pbmax someone.

    I suggest FMUTA! as an expression of exasperation.

    The existing canon:

  18. #18
    Lunatic Rat HOFer JustinHarrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Green Bay
    Posts
    15,758
    "Patlerized." Being proved false by facts and data. "You've just been Patlerized" means that someone proved you wrong in a way that leaves you little to no room to save face.


    Next up...... the Bretsky Curse

  19. #19
    Lunatic Rat HOFer JustinHarrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Green Bay
    Posts
    15,758
    I can't edit my post right now but patlerizing needs to be done by Patler.....

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    alright alright alright. have to address the one on the table then suggest next. But no harm in suggesting out of the blue I think. It may be a while before more people return from off season haitus, if ever.

    You came up with 42? Even Tank couldn't come up with 42 'Ted Trapped in the Closet' poems.

    'Packer People' could be one
    Thanks. To be fair, 8 of the 42 are variations of things Ted doesn't care about.
    “Don’t let strippers in your house” says Kokomo gun theft victim after 16 firearms stolen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •