Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: PackerRats Glossary

JAG:

Candidate for the prestigious A.J. Hawk Award. A player who does nothing discernably wrong, but does nothing discernably noticeable. Examples would be a leading tackler who never ventires into the offensive backfield, or a running back who averages between 3.5 and 3.9 Ypc.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    JAG (addendum): Just A Guy (thought it might be valuable to spell it out for the one person who doesn't know). My candidate for the Packer JAG poster boy is Brad Jones. A whole lot of playing time and a whole lot of nothing special at all.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I think Bretsky coined that one for Jones. Fritz made it Lawrence Guy's nickname.

Next up: Pear Shaped Loser
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I think Bretsky coined that one for Jones. Fritz made it Lawrence Guy's nickname.

Next up: Pear Shaped Loser
    Pear Shaped Loser:

Mike Sherman

Next up: Bring Black!

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post

Next up: Bring Black!
    I could be wrong, but "Bring Black": Brainchild of Mobb, Bring Black is a wordplay on the desire for the return of a certain individual once associated with the Packers, usually that person is of African ancestry.

Next up:

Good Normal American
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Polar Bear: Mostly non-affectionate nickname for Ted Thompson. Initiated by Tank (aka Anti-Polar Bear) as a derogatory reference to the man who signed Matt O'Dwyer to a contract instead of Marco Rivera. If comparing those two players directly and reading the insinuation that Thompson preferred O'Dwyer to Rivera as a player makes your mind melt, then you understand what Polar Bear usage is all about. Brave members of the board have tried to take back the name and give it a more positive usage.
    lol. Funny but not 100% accurate.

There's nothing derogatory about "Polar Bear." Polar bears are majestic and potent creatures, so to call a "queen" a polar bear, in my humble stoic opinion, is making the ultimate compliment.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    lol. Funny but not 100% accurate.

There's nothing derogatory about "Polar Bear." Polar bears are majestic and potent creatures, so to call a "queen" a polar bear, in my humble stoic opinion, is making the ultimate compliment.
    Just whistling right past the graveyard on that one aren't ya?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    I could be wrong, but "Bring Black": Brainchild of Mobb, Bring Black is a wordplay on the desire for the return of a certain individual once associated with the Packers, usually that person is of African ancestry.

Next up:

Good Normal American

Good Normal American = Lifelong, devout Packer Fan

Next up: BFFFs
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    Love Stubby...MM fit Stubby before I knew its correct usage was primarily directed at his intractable nature. I use it frequently, and in proper context people unfamiliar with the term but fully familiar with Stubby immediately catch its reference and meaning; I daresay the term is metastasizing like a Cleft Crusty squamous cell butt mole.

I liked the Packer People definition, but would point out that Packer People has several possible usage profiles: it can be applied in all seriousness, as in Blake Martinez is Packer People; its negative can be used just as seriously, as in Colt Lyerla is not Packer People; and its facetious use must be understood as well, as in Letroy Guion was bringing home cash and bud for his fam 'cause he's Packer People.
    This is very true. I've used Stubby while watching a Packer game with my dad who has no clue of this forum or the term. He knew exactly who I was talking about and got "it" immediately. He even embraced the usage himself, and I've heard him refer to MM as Stubby since that time. Love it.

And to add something of questionable value.

M1: Mike Holmgren
    M2: Mike Sherman
    M3: Mike McCarthy

I'd define BFFFs if I knew what it was. Guess that's why this is the thread we need, even if we don't deserve it.
    Last edited by channtheman; 02-03-2018 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Good Normal American = Lifelong, devout Packer Fan

Next up: BFFFs
    Brett Favre Fan Forever?

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Brett Favre Fan Forever?
    BFFF = Brett Favre First Fan - These are the people who were either not Packer fans or were only casual Packer fans, who then became fervent fans due to Favre. They were the most vocal in support of Favre in 2008, and were the coterie who not-so-mysteriously disappeared along with Favre's departure from Green Bay and then from the NFL. They didn't find it difficult to cheer for the Vikings in 2009. Unsurprisingly, many BFFFs were women. There were also BFFF antagonists, but that was mostly Scott Campbell.

Next Up:

Ted Doesn't Care About (Oline, ILBs, RBs, toughness, speed, safeties, Guards, backup QBs)