Thread: House Proud

House Proud

A pretty fawning profile of House, who I am happy is back.

But I wish his inability to play zone wasn't emblematic of the Packers' problems with zone.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/f...fa43ac31e.html
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    House = UberPacker
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

The article has virtually no criticism of him, and I usually take those types of articles with a grain of salt, but it doesn't make me like the acquisition less. In fact, I thought it was one of the best additions of the off-season before reading the article. Thanks PB.

And I don't have many fond memories of House. Just don't get the love....hope I'm wrong and he makes all pro. I would be happily wrong.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Reading the article does make me feel good (the intent of the article I assume). Sounds like he has matured a lot. Guys can be valuable to a team in more ways than one, and House seems to be embracing that.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    A pretty fawning profile of House, who I am happy is back.

But I wish his inability to play zone wasn't emblematic of the Packers' problems with zone.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/f...fa43ac31e.html
    hopefully they don't play as much zone as they have in the recent past.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    hopefully they don't play as much zone as they have in the recent past.
    Exactly the solution I was thinking. Just play man to man and go.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Playing less zone is gonna depend on somebody - King, House, Gunter, Randall, or whoever - stepping up and being completely reliable. Capers' D and most everybody with the team and just fans would like more man coverage, but if personnel won't allow it, then you do what you can with what you've got. IMO, nobody is better than Capers at adjusting to the situation - be it our own personnel or the opponent.

Forcing a system regardless of situation or personnel is a good way to lose games.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    IMO, nobody is better than Capers at adjusting to the situation - be it our own personnel or the opponent.
    IMO, Belicheat is better, Zimmer is better, LeBeau is/was better, etc. etc.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    And I don't have many fond memories of House. Just don't get the love....hope I'm wrong and he makes all pro. I would be happily wrong.
    I think House had a good stretch in his last season as a Packer - I believe in a game against Tampa or something, early on, he blanketed someone's top receiever. I think he'll be adequate, but the team needs someone to step up and be closer to a shut-down guy. If someone could step up and play even like Tramon Williams or Al Harris, that would help a lot.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Exactly the solution I was thinking. Just play man to man and go.
    yup...and as i've been saying it'll take the addition of a different mindset, and that's to be nasty about it as they can. use sea's scheme as the model.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    He did seem for a couple years to be close to locking down a starting job (and locking down WRs) but then would have a stretch or injury effect where he looked lost. It also wasn't going to be easy to displace Woodson or Williams (was he here for Al Harris?).

Seemed dominant against a couple of opponents at best. As often he looked vulnerable.

I am just hoping for baseline competency to give the pass rush some hope.

I'm not sure how much we should be counting on House to right the ship. I have higher hopes in Randall and Rollins improving then I do of House being a stud.

The Packers cornerbacks struggled last year with injuries and poor play, highlighted by Quinten Rollins allowing a 135.4 passer rating into his coverage, fourth highest in the league, and Damarious Randall allowing 2.05 yards per cover snap, also fourth highest in the league. Rare free agent addition Davon House does not figure to be the savior as he gave up a league worst 144.9 passer rating (min. 100 snaps).
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...he-2017-season
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I'm not sure how much we should be counting on House to right the ship. I have higher hopes in Randall and Rollins improving then I do of House being a stud.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...he-2017-season
    We'll see if the Packers use House more like JAX did in 2015 when House allowed a rating of below 80.

Quentin Rollins went from the 4 best rating in 2015 (54.9) to the 4th worst rating on 2016 (135.4).