Thread: An Exercise in Delusion: All Time NFL Draft

An Exercise in Delusion: All Time NFL Draft

https://si.com/specials/mmqb-nfl-all...t-results.html

That not every pick in the first round was a QB proves these dopes are as dumb as fans.

McGinn took Reggie White. Ron Wolf took Joe Greene. Dan Fouts took Ray Guy. Ray Guy isn't even the best punter in the Hall of Fame. And there are like four punters in there.

TV and NFL Films have melted their brains. Congratulations to Polian, King, Wooten and Accorsi. Though I think King will regret not drafting Belichick first.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    What a bunch of morons. Top ten picks should be all QBs. There are than many epoch-changing QBs. I can see LT and Reggie in the top 10-20.

Why do a draft? How about just top 50 all time players.

FWIW, I would draft Jim Thorpe #1 all-time all-everything.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I'm either compelled to play devil's advocate or I disagree.

When you can get guys like Rodgers/Favre/Marino/Aikmen in the late rounds... I think you target whatever is low-supply. Taking a punter is extreme but guys like LT, Ray Lewis, Reggie White, Deion Sanders, these are near consensus GOAT players at their positions and what really matters is the scarcity in their respective tiers.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

A lot depends on what rules you play under. If its pre 1978, then OK defense.

But if its today's game, forget that. The difference between Taylor and Von Miller isn't enough to overcome the difference between Marino/Graham/Montana and Favre/Aikman is too great.

Plus, where you see a dearth of D pass rushers of all time credentials, I see a plethora of all time OTs to block them.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

An exercise in delusion to be sure. How can you even begin to compare guys across eras? Not just rule changes, but sheer size difference as well. Take Muñoz, the first tackle selected - 6'6" 278? String bean by the standards of today's NFL.

I guess you just have to assume they'd be as dominant at their position under whatever rules and opponents they play under and go from there.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

How the F did Terry Bradshaw get drafted ahead of Rodgers and Favre????? And nine other coaches ahead of Belichick? The whole thing is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    How the F did Terry Bradshaw get drafted ahead of Rodgers and Favre????? And nine other coaches ahead of Belichick? The whole thing is a joke.
    And I'm not sure Lombardi can win with the RB's they drafted for his team!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...