Thread: Is McCarthy the problem?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There are a lot of worse head coaches around. McCarthy is ok when it comes to not overtly blowing games. He just doesn't take risks sometimes when they need to be taken to win tough games. (I hate to use the word conservative for that - try too cautious).

And regarding his staff, I've said many times, we would be seriously hurting without the creativity of Capers, given the lame personnel that Ted Thompson has saddled this team with. THAT is squarely where blame needs to be assessed - on Ted Thompson.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    There are a lot of worse head coaches around. McCarthy is ok when it comes to not overtly blowing games. He just doesn't take risks sometimes when they need to be taken to win tough games. (I hate to use the word conservative for that - try too cautious).

And regarding his staff, I've said many times, we would be seriously hurting without the creativity of Capers, given the lame personnel that Ted Thompson has saddled this team with. THAT is squarely where blame needs to be assessed - on Ted Thompson.
    But Ted drafted Rodgers, that makes him a genius.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    But Ted drafted Rodgers, that makes him a genius.
    No, but he's OK when it comes to not overtly blowing every pick in all his drafts. Be careful: we really don't want to heap unnecessary praise on these losers.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck