Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Obligatory Packers v Steelers Gameday Thread

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus

Obligatory Packers v Steelers Gameday Thread

Meh
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    Obligatory game day post.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Is there a path to victory in this game? Could the lights turn on for Hundley, or will he be a deer in the Steeler headlights trying to guess which of the front seven will be coming? Will the Packers be able to run the ball at all? Will the defense get score on on every possession or force a punt. Will people be turning the thing off by the first quarter or the half?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

It's so much easier to watch when you don't expect to win. When things go to crap, it's almost expected now instead of disappointment. Rams look pretty good though.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

The only path is if the Steelers look past this game. Ben would have to play poorly for the Packers to have a chance.

This will be a great game to fall asleep to on the couch.

Steelers have played poorly earlier this year. They aren't a juggernaut unless Brown and Bell get the ball in their hands at the second level. They could be stopped.

McCarthy will have had to adapt his offense to Hundley, who is still too slow going to his second and third post snap reads. It could happen.

As Rand has said, McCarthy usually lays off the stubbornness when their backs are against the wall. Its a road game in his hometown. I think M3 might throw the entire playbook out the window and run something from his Pitt days.

Packers stun the Steelers

27-26
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Steelers have played poorly earlier this year. They aren't a juggernaut unless Brown and Bell get the ball in their hands at the second level. They could be stopped.

McCarthy will have had to adapt his offense to Hundley, who is still too slow going to his second and third post snap reads. It could happen.

As Rand has said, McCarthy usually lays off the stubbornness when their backs are against the wall. Its a road game in his hometown. I think M3 might throw the entire playbook out the window and run something from his Pitt days.

27-26
    You've had a full day of drinking. It'll be 28-3...at half time. Steelers walk.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

27-26
    Hanging out with Kendricks and Jones this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Hanging out with Kendricks and Jones this weekend?
    Nope and nope.

Its just no fun not rooting for them and having a little hope, as that noted orator Bud Selig once said.

Matthews, Monty, Jones and Clark are not active.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
    #Packers inactives:

OLB Clay Matthews
    RB Aaron Jones
    RB Ty Montgomery
    OG Lucas Patrick
    CB Donatello Brown
    NT Kenny Clark
    OL Adam Pankey
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I have a little hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    Actually, I kinda expect the opposite. I think the Packers throw the kitchen sink at them. Use both challenges, an onside kick, punt reverse, fake FG and a Gritz Blitz before half. I expect it to be within reach at halftime.

Once the fireworks are over, it might get out of hand in the second half.
    Last edited by pbmax; 11-26-2017 at 06:46 PM.

the good news is that everyone who knows football will be watching this game, and if we play the way we have the last few weeks, every single one of them will be talking about how TT, MM and DC are all shit and need to go

Actually, I kinda expect the opposite. I think the Packers throw the kitchen sink at them. Use both challenges, an onside kick, punt reverse, fake FG and a Gritz Blitz before half. I expect it to be within reach after halftime.

Once the fireworks are over, it might get out of hand in the second half.
    i think the exact opposite, we are going to get blown away by brown early and often, the game will be lopsided by halftime. during the third quarter the steelers will put in their scrubs and we will score a couple of times with our starters to make it look a lot closer then it really will be

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    the good news is that everyone who knows football will be watching this game, and if we play the way we have the last few weeks, every single one of them will be talking about how TT, MM and DC are all shit and need to go
    People who know football have already spoken about this.

People who form an opinion on tonight are just TV viewers (and yes I mean Colin Cowherd) with overinflated opinions of themselves.

It's the 8-2 Steelers against the 1-4 Packers. Steelers are 14 point favorites, playing at home. I'll consider it a win if we stay in the game and lose by 14. This isn't a lot different than the Eagles playing the Bears at home.

I do think we'll play a much better game than last week. McCarthy's teams usually play well when they're not expected to.

27-26
    Much better than I could have said it. I'll add that M3 is good for putting together at least one stunner gameplan per year. Maybe tonight is that night.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

I expect at least one fake punt/FG
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

27-26
    They have to be able to run the ball. With Mays a total mess, I wonder how they back up Williams. Maybe a little inverted wishbone and some fullback action. I think the speed of the LBs might render Cobb ineffective - still you'd like to see Hundley find the hot read if the Steelers bring pressure. He has to be able to do this and not give a ball to Shazier.

Defensively, Burnett and HCD have to make a play or two. They're not gonna get to Ben, so the secondary has to be solid. And frickin' tackle!

Go Pack!