Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Is McCarthy the problem?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is McCarthy the problem?

Recently Greg Jennings points to MM's conservatism as something that has cost the team championships.

http://www.packersnews.com/videos/sp...lem/103668734/

Yes you could say that Jennings is a douche and he's just trying to bring attention to himself, but I've heard such a criticism for years now. In my opinion, McCarthy has demonstrated over and over again that he can't put teams away and hangs on for dear life at the end of big games.

Perhaps Jennings brings up a legitimate beef, what do you think?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    In my opinion, McCarthy has demonstrated over and over again that he can't put teams away and hangs on for dear life at the end of big games.
    I think this is demonstrably true. The circumstances of each bungle however are uniquely different, suggesting the answer is more often Packers teams playing right up to their skill limit and leaving no room for error. Plus Stubby could turn coal into diamonds in that tight *** of his.

In the case of 2011, part of the blame rested squarely on Jennings. Football is a total team game. When guys point fingers, I'm 10 times more likely to blame the finger pointer than anyone else, especially when you have a team with such long term success as McCarthy's. Sour bitter grapes aired like Jennings is more a reflection of his character than anything else.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

we've all said this about him. when the defense can't be counted on to get a stop the o has to keep the pedal down. he doesn't do it for whatever reason.

maybe mm will call games with a little more urgency this season with Rodgers' "all-in" decree and his lastest "i'm on the back 9" now. ted needs to take note too. that's two warnings that aren't to be ignored before nuclear winter sets in.
    Last edited by gbgary; 07-15-2017 at 09:58 AM.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    This is bs and we all know it. Smuggler or someone did an analysis of end of games and MM won more than anyone in the NFL but Billacheat.

Look at the ARI/GB playoff game to see an attacking end of the game strategy backfire.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    This is bs and we all know it. Smuggler or someone did an analysis of end of games and MM won more than anyone in the NFL but Billacheat.

Look at the ARI/GB playoff game to see an attacking end of the game strategy backfire.

We're only talking about 'big games' that they blew down the stretch. If you include all games, you won't have a biased sample.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Sure, but in games, as in life, you never get to do the control. What if Stubby goes all conservative at the end and runs Grant instead of Rodgers overthrowing Jennings on the deep bomb? Do they win then? No one will ever know. We also don't know that they get back in that game without an all out aerial bombardment. .....But we have a pretty good idea.

I think it was vince who took exception and did some nice work to refute the point (which was my complaint, if I remember correctly).

I still think that does happen, though vince's work makes it clear its not Marvin Lewis like struggle we are talking about here.

It sort of shrank the complaint down to the level of goal to go personnel sets. Why limit your options and make the job of the defense easier when you have a lead and the greatest non interception machine ever?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Why limit your options and make the job of the defense easier when you have a lead and the greatest non interception machine ever?
    this!

Except stubby has been saved by Rodgers. BB would still be a great coach without Brady. Rodgers should be paid 10 times what he is as he has made stubby and TT look great as opposed to the mediocre they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Except stubby has been saved by Rodgers.
    *SIGH*

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    *SIGH*
    Koolaid Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Koolaid Drinker
    I'll see you in the Meadow!

Except stubby has been saved by Rodgers. BB would still be a great coach without Brady. Rodgers should be paid 10 times what he is as he has made stubby and TT look great as opposed to the mediocre they are.
    Who do you think made Rodgers what he is today? Favre?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Who do you think made Rodgers what he is today? Favre?
    Do you think Rodgers wouldn't be one of the best without stubby? I very much doubt that.

Do you think Rodgers wouldn't be one of the best without stubby? I very much doubt that.
    I think there's a good chance he wouldn't. He had to shed his tedford indoctrination and learn new mechanics. He got to play in/run one of the best schemed offenses in the past 10 years. There was a pretty good chance he would have gone to a terrible team and have had a Joey Harrington career. there were probably a handful of teams that would have developed him at the same level. And sure, I give him a lot of credit for his success, but great players can suck in terrible environments, even if they develop OK. See for example Steve Young at Tampa Bay.

[COLOR="#008080"]MM is off the wall erratic in his style of play calling. He's either way too conservative or wildly too stupid optimistic. WE certainly saw that Vs Pittsburgh and a dumb ass call for a FG that had to be missed in all probability for little gain. Punt the ball and hold and get into the Dressing Room to Re-Group. No..not lame brained Mike McCarthy.

ThunderDan you one of the few Million Packer fans in Packer Nation that actually believed in Mike McCarthy's call there. That is just who you are. That is why I would easily out play you like I do by far most people and playing Poker.

To be smart you need to have the smarts. That's NOT Mike McCarthy.

Sorry but that's too easy for me to see since he became the Packer HC. He feeds off Aaron Rodgers .He fed off Brett Favre. He's postering through Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers as an exceptional Head Coach.

Frankly he doesn't act at all that intelligent given a Man of his vast experience and NFL Coaching. I feel sad to observe and have to admit that to myself. I want the Green Bay Packers in another Super Bowl game.

He's a Blue Collar Guy trying to do 'a Big Brain White Collar heavy on the Leadership and all in honest with himself' job. Frankly I don't believe at all in him because too often he gives me little in the long of it I can trust to believe.

Put otherwise; I measure a Man by his integrity and Mike McCarthy is lacking in that area. That's just what I see.

Too much same Ole Same OLe BULLSHIT = Mike McCarthy.

The deal is 'and REALITY', that Mike McCarthy lasts as long as Ted Thompson decides to grind out .......................his act.

I want to see Aaron Rodgers just win another Super Bowl, even if I have to cheer for him and on another NFL Team. It's not ever going to happen in Green Bay. Not with TT and MM trying to do whatever, and their constant now FAIL.

Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy and Dom Capers are failing constantly and Super Bowl.

They will continue to fail as they must and are. Count on this...I am right.

I sure don't desire to be right and this one. Sadly..... I simply am.

GO PACK GO !
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 11-30-2017 at 10:24 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    ThunderDan you one of the few Million Packer fans in Packer Nation that actually believed in Mike McCarthy's call there. That is just who you are. That is why I would easily out play you like I do by far most people and playing Poker.
    Just to set you straight, because your reading comprehension doesn't seem to be that good, I was against MM kicking the FG on Sunday night.

Here is what I posted on the game day thread:

Two sacks takes us out of fog range.
    Got to love autocorrect that turns FG into fog.

I posted something similar to Rut in another thread.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Got to love autocorrect that turns FG into fog.

Scott Norwood missed his superb owl in the fog.

M3 is a part of the problem, insomuch as he is partially resposible for the main problem - which is dunderdummy.

TT is equally to blame with McCarthy though as neither one of them has the guts to fire DD.

2017 will be another wasted year.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    M3 is a part of the problem, insomuch as he is partially resposible for the main problem - which is dunderdummy.

TT is equally to blame with McCarthy though as neither one of them has the guts to fire DD.

2017 will be another wasted year.
    I don't think TT hires or fires Mike's assistant coaches.