Thread: Is McCarthy the problem?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Except stubby has been saved by Rodgers.
    *SIGH*
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    *SIGH*
    Koolaid Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Koolaid Drinker
    I'll see you in the Meadow!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Wait-n-See Rat All-Pro Smeefers's Avatar
    I'm going to jump in and say that everyone here except Vince is nuts. MM is one of the best coaches to ever grace the halls of flambeau field. In head to head matches with the Belicheck genius, he's out coached him every time. Do you guys remember wandering into fox borough with some second tier quarterback and we were within a hairs breath of beating them? I love how you guys blame Dom Capers for having Gunther shadowing Julio Jones. Or how you'll blame McCarthy for a TE who shall not be named screwing up the easiest offside kick return in history. We are constantly in serious contention for the super bowl. Year after freaking year. Not just some one and out at the end of the season. It's not like we haven't sniffed the playoffs in the last decade. No, we're right in the thick of things. Guess what, baring major catastrophe, we're going to be right in the thick of things again this year. There is absolutely nothing wrong with MM's coaching. If you think there is, I think you have blinders on. Tunnel vision man. Get into the dudes numbers. There's MM and there's Belicheck and then there's everyone else. He's the second best coach of this generation.

If you want to talk about how he hangs onto coaches too long? Sure, you probably have something there. Slocum was the thorn in the packers side forever. He's a guy who consistently put out a bad product. I could get behind getting rid of that guy and blaming mike for not doing it quickly enough. Like 5 years too late. That's about it though. Dude's too loyal to his staff. Other than that, there isn't a coach in the league that I'd take over him right now except for Belicheck. There is not one other dude who you could say is a solid upgrade to MM. And once again, even there, when the two have met, I think MM has outcoached him every time, regardless of outcome.

Alright. Back to lurking.
    - Once again, adding absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeefers View Post
    I'm going to jump in and say that everyone here except Vince is nuts. MM is one of the best coaches to ever grace the halls of flambeau field. In head to head matches with the Belicheck genius, he's out coached him every time. Do you guys remember wandering into fox borough with some second tier quarterback and we were within a hairs breath of beating them? I love how you guys blame Dom Capers for having Gunther shadowing Julio Jones. Or how you'll blame McCarthy for a TE who shall not be named screwing up the easiest offside kick return in history. We are constantly in serious contention for the super bowl. Year after freaking year. Not just some one and out at the end of the season. It's not like we haven't sniffed the playoffs in the last decade. No, we're right in the thick of things. Guess what, baring major catastrophe, we're going to be right in the thick of things again this year. There is absolutely nothing wrong with MM's coaching. If you think there is, I think you have blinders on. Tunnel vision man. Get into the dudes numbers. There's MM and there's Belicheck and then there's everyone else. He's the second best coach of this generation.

If you want to talk about how he hangs onto coaches too long? Sure, you probably have something there. Slocum was the thorn in the packers side forever. He's a guy who consistently put out a bad product. I could get behind getting rid of that guy and blaming mike for not doing it quickly enough. Like 5 years too late. That's about it though. Dude's too loyal to his staff. Other than that, there isn't a coach in the league that I'd take over him right now except for Belicheck. There is not one other dude who you could say is a solid upgrade to MM. And once again, even there, when the two have met, I think MM has outcoached him every time, regardless of outcome.

Alright. Back to lurking.
    Good post. My abbreviation for this is: *SIGH*

I just get tired writing it out all the time.