Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Packers Offseason Non-Draft Non-FAs

2017 Packers Offseason Non-Draft Non-FAs

M3 End of Season Presser

no coaching changes yet. EDIT: WRONG: KEEP READING!

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 17m17 minutes ago
    "2016 Confidants" was theme to season, MM says. Had countdown each week to the number of days to the Super Bowl.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT CONFIDANTS MEANS IN THIS CONTEXT

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 16m16 minutes ago
    McCarthy on the Super Bowl: "That's the ultimate goal and we fell short."

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 15m15 minutes ago
    McCarthy: We reached a very high level of success this season...but we did not reach the ultimate goal of winning the Super Bowl.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 16m16 minutes ago
    "I would say our team had a successful season without a doubt. I don't know why we're even questioning that." But did not reach @SuperBowl.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 14m14 minutes ago
    Offense overcame injuries. Defense couldn't do the same with limitations at cornerback.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 15m15 minutes ago
    McCarthy said he considers pass rushers and corners the two primary positions on defense. #Packers clearly lacked the latter this season.

I GOT NEWS FOR YOU, YOU LACKED THE FORMER AS WELL

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 15m15 minutes ago
    McCarthy said he spoke with Ty Montgomery during his exit interview. Montgomery is a running back. He will change his number. #Packers

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 15m15 minutes ago
    Montgomery is a running back and will change his number. Will flex out and play WR but he will be "on the depth chart as a running back."

More MM on corners: Randall and Rollins did lot of good things as rookies. Expected them to take Year 2 jump but "multiple injuries" slowed.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 14m14 minutes ago
    McCarthy said the history of players making jumps from first to second seasons influences roster building. Injuries slowed Randall/Rollins.

I WOULD CUT EXPECTATIONS ABOUT THIS JUMP BY 50% IMMEDIATELY

MM remains confident that Randall and Rollins will develop into quality players. Will work out together in Cali. in offseason.

Sam Shields has still not cleared the concussion protocol, according to McCarthy. "He needs to get healthy for him and his family." #Packers

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 13m13 minutes ago
    MM would "love to see Eddie (Lacy) back." He'll be a free agent and isn't healthy yet.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 12m12 minutes ago
    McCarthy said he hasn't entered the evaluation process of his coaching staff yet. "I feel really good about the job our coaching staff did."
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-26-2017 at 11:40 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Tom Clements has announced he's leaving. His contract was up.

It appears Dom Capers will be back but Tom Clements won't. "That will be the one change to our staff," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. Clements' contract expired and, according to McCarthy, he "is going to move on to some other interests."

Rob Demovsky, ESPN Staff Writer
    Doesn't sound like he was pushed. 63 years old, retiring? I don't know what this means for the team, he was an OC on a team where the HC called the plays.

Not sure why Demovsky felt the need to mention Capers in that comment.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 11m11 minutes ago
    MM on Capers' future: Hasn't evaluated the staff yet. "I feel really good about the job our staff did."

McCarthy: "Dom Caper is an outstanding football coach. That doesn't change. He had a tough challenge in front of him this season."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 15m15 minutes ago
    "This is no time for drama." Like he's done in past, MM says Capers is an outstanding coach. Again points to injury challenge on defense.

Tom Clements is "moving on to other interests." Contract has expired. MM thanks for "incredible 11 years."

ITS EITHER THIS OR LACY INTEREST THAT IS BEST NEWS SO FAR

McCarthy said RT Bryan Bulaga did NOT sustain a concussion against the Falcons. He was evaluated but passed the protocol. #Packers

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 22m22 minutes ago
    McCarthy said RT Bryan Bulaga did NOT sustain a concussion against the Falcons. He was evaluated but passed the protocol. #Packers

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 20m20 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Morgan Burnett had his best year as a Packer....Communicator on the back end, keeps everything going.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 20m20 minutes ago
    McCarthy said Clay Matthews was "definitely hampered by injuries" this season. He doesn't want to label Matthews as an ILB or OLB. #Packers

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 20m20 minutes ago
    MM: "Matthews moves around. He doesn't line up in one spot. If he doesn't have the injuries, you would've seen it more this year" #Packers

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 19m19 minutes ago
    Clay Matthews: Will move around. MM seems annoyed by the outside/inside question. "We need to move him around."

I AGREE WITH THIS. NOT SURE HE IS HEALTHY ENOUGH ANYMORE FOR IT TO WORK

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 32m32 minutes ago
    McCarthy said he thinks Aaron Rodgers brought his energy and intensity to another level in the NFC championship game. Stats aside. #Packers

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 32m32 minutes ago
    MM on Rodgers' "all-in" comment: Took game to another level vs. Atl. "We need that and that's a great example" of trying to elevate team.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 31m31 minutes ago
    McCarthy on Rodgers: He took his game to another level. The energy & passion he had in the NFC Championship Game...that game speaks volumes.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 31m31 minutes ago
    MM on fixing defense: Starts with pass defense. Will spend more time on OTAs on that phase. "We might not run the ball until July."

OK, IF YOU ARE GOING TO OVEREMPHASIZE SOMETHING, COVERAGE IS THE AREA TO DO IT IN, OK WITH THIS

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 31m31 minutes ago
    McCarthy said the defense will spend more time on defending the pass in OTAs and minicamp. "That's already been decided." #Packers

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 31m31 minutes ago
    "We're not far from where we want to be," MM says. So any changes won't be huge but will look at everything.

McCarthy: I think it's clear we're not far from where we want to be...We're gonna look at everything. I know there are areas we can improve.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 29m29 minutes ago
    Mike McCarthy on if Ted Thompson is coming back: "Ted is back. I don't see any change in him."

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 29m29 minutes ago
    McCarthy on GM Ted Thompson: "Ted is back. ... I don't see any change in him as far as his vision." #Packers

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 30m30 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Ted is back. I don't see any change in him as far as his vision. Ted's at the Senior Bowl. ... The focus is on next year #Packers

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 35m35 minutes ago
    MM on TT: "He's not the youngest cat but he's working."

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 35m35 minutes ago
    McCarthy on questions about Thompson's future: "The questions are fair, he's not the youngest cat anymore." But he's not going anywhere.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 32m32 minutes ago
    McCarthy said Aaron Rodgers is the best player in the NFL, "but it takes more than one player to win a championship. We need to improve."
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-26-2017 at 11:38 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

McCarthy: We all want to win the world championship. I can promise you & the fans that we're doing everything we can to get that done.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    McCarthy: We all want to win the world championship. I can promise you & the fans that we're doing everything we can to get that done.
    Well that's a lie. They aren't doing everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Well that's a lie. They aren't doing everything.
    Let me rephrase: We are doing everything a rational person would do...we realize fans are not rational and want irrational actions.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

JS Comments ‏@JSComments 5m5 minutes ago
    Clay you suck too...Instead of eating with your mouth open in a State Farm commercial...Trying conditioning.

THIS PERSON WAS SO FRUSTRATED THEY TOOK THEIR METAPHOR AND MIXED A CAESAR SALAD WITH IT

MM was pretty funny today. barked at one guy "weren't you listening to what i just said?"
    said his personnel chart is pretty and TT looks at it, more than his own, because it's much better because he's so artistic.
    oh...and he gets the "clocks and windows" thing.

Since the Packer FA thread has not started, I am putting this here.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2h2 hours ago
    More
    #Packers sign long snapper Taybor Pepper: http://pckrs.com/dxk7

He might be a futures contract anyway.

That is MM and his typical Spin. He does a great job covering TT's ass and his way too conservative attitude.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ades/97137716/

EDDIE LACY: The Packers laid down the law last year at this time and Lacy made an effort and lost some weight. It appeared as if he had put it all back on by October. Lacy looked even more immense on the sidelines in Atlanta at the NFC title game. No team wants a skill-position player to be that overweight and presumably out of shape. There’s little doubt it contributed to the ankle injury that knocked him out for the season in Game 5. He was slamming the ball between the tackles, too. Even with all their in-house resources, the Packers failed to keep Lacy’s weight down. It’s on the team as much as it’s on the player. Now the team gets a do-over. Is there any point to bringing him back? Hasn’t this story been told? Grade: C.

There is a possibility that, as humans often do with the passage of time, Lacy will mature and realize that it is in his best interest to get control of his weight and health. The story has not been quite finished.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

yeah, thats no good, but something i said might happen months ago

anyone have a picture of him at the game?

Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn 1h1 hour ago
    Waiting for the announcement from the #Packers that ticket prices have been raised for next season. They've done that seven years in a row.

At this point, Bob is just refusing the live in the world inhabited by reality.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...the-long-haul/

Dorsey with a non-commitment commitment on staying in Kansas City.

"Until little Jack graduates from school ...." Kid is six.

Packers by the numbers.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...bers/97661344/

In 2010, the Packers’ last championship season, they totaled 240 pressures, which are defined here as the total of sacks, knockdowns and hurries. Since then, their totals have been 184 in 2011, 202 in ’12, 171 in ’13, 218 in ’14, 210 in ’15 and 213 this season.

Nick Perry led the team in the vital category of pressures with 36. Rounding out the top five were Julius Peppers, 32½; Mike Daniels and Datone Jones, 31½, and Clay Matthews, 28½.

Then there was a big drop-off to Dean Lowry, 8½; Micah Hyde, eight; Kenny Clark and Kyler Fackrell, 6½; Morgan Burnett, 5½; Joe Thomas, five; Jake Ryan, four; Jayrone Elliott, three; Blake Martinez, two; Letroy Guion, Mike Pennel and Kentrell Brice, one, and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Quinten Rollins, one-half.

Among those without a pressure were Christian Ringo, LaDarius Gunter and Damarious Randall.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    There is a possibility that, as humans often do with the passage of time, Lacy will mature and realize that it is in his best interest to get control of his weight and health. The story has not been quite finished.
    He was staring at a contract year last summer and didn't do enough to get himself in shape. He did some...he didn't do enough.

I don't think "maturing" is going to fix the guy at this point. RBs in the league don't last long enough for teams to wait on them to grow up. He's not sobering up from frat boy life to raise a family in his 30s.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I don't think Lacy's weight was a concern last year. He could always lose a few pounds but he ran hard and was quicker with his cuts and in the open field before the ankle injury. The problem with Lacy is that he isn't a consistent professional in regards to his body. He simply isn't dedicated enough for the Packers to depend on him. I think he just enjoys the other aspects of life just a bit too much for NFL teams to rely on him.

James starks ‏@James44Starks 11h11 hours ago
    I want 2 thank the Packers for these past 7 yrs. I want 2 thank God, family, friends, teammates & fans. I'll b bk soon #ItsNotOver #Blessed

Blog Entries
    James starks ‏@James44Starks 11h11 hours ago
    I want 2 thank the Packers for these past 7 yrs. I want 2 thank God, family, friends, teammates & fans. I'll b bk soon #ItsNotOver #Blessed
    7 yrs is a good run for a back-up RB with his injury history. #SoundsCallousButItsOver