Thread: One Game Suspension, GERONIMO!

One Game Suspension, GERONIMO!

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 7m7 minutes ago

Packers announce that Allison has been suspended by the NFL for one game. Violating sub
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    There are better methods for performance enhancement.

Bombs Away!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Evidently he was busted for possession of marijuana. The league usually doesn't suspend players for a first offense of this type. Why the damn fool had it in his car is another matter. smh

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Idiot. Cut him.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    Idiot. Cut him.
    Marijuana is almost legal now, the NFL needs to get with the program and lighten up with simple possession. Carrying a truck load of the stuff like Guion did is an entirely different matter, but what Geronimo Allison was busted for was relatively minor.
    Besides, he demonstrated a ton of promise last season.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincenzo View Post
    Marijuana is almost legal now, the NFL needs to get with the program and lighten up with simple possession. Carrying a truck load of the stuff like Guion did is an entirely different matter, but what Geronimo Allison was busted for was relatively minor.
    Besides, he demonstrated a ton of promise last season.
    But it isnt legal and he is a marginal player as of now and it pisses me off these guys have a damn lottery ticket and decide to light fires with them.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    But it isnt legal and he is a marginal player as of now and it pisses me off these guys have a damn lottery ticket and decide to light fires with them.
    Actually, he didn't have a ticket. He was arrested the day after the Packers cut him. He hadn't yet been added to the PS. Still, he probably should have drowned his sorrows instead of lighting them up. He had played well enough in the preseason to know he had a chance of being signed by somebody.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Actually, he didn't have a ticket. He was arrested the day after the Packers cut him. He hadn't yet been added to the PS. Still, he probably should have drowned his sorrows instead of lighting them up. He had played well enough in the preseason to know he had a chance of being signed by somebody.
    Actually that changes things in my mind. He wasnt on the team so he decided to lift his spirits. I have done dumber things when depressed.

Poor guy probably went all spring and summer without lighting up and then gets busted the first time he fires one up. His big mistake was smoking it in the car. Gotta be more disciplined than that no matter who employs you.

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    He was arrested the day after the Packers cut him. He hadn't yet been added to the PS.
    If this is true, and he wasn't employed by any NFL team, then the NFL has zero business taking any action at all.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKickass View Post
    If this is true, and he wasn't employed by any NFL team, then the NFL has zero business taking any action at all.
    I agree. I think the problem though is that by the time he was officially charged with possession, he was on the Packers roster.

Kickass Rat All-Pro CaptainKickass's Avatar
    I agree. I think the problem though is that by the time he was officially charged with possession, he was on the Packers roster.
    And that should matter how and why?

If on the date of the alleged infraction he was not employed or under contract by any NFL entity, then - at that time - he was under zero obligation to adhere to any NFL policies.
    "Everyone's born anarchist and atheist until people start lying to them" ~ wise philosopher