Thread: Factory of Sadness: Fire Hazard

Factory of Sadness: Fire Hazard

The aluminum panels used at Browns/First Energy Stadium are the same that might have contributed to the apartment fire in London a few weeks ago.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...a-fire-hazard/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

although it's concerning, the building in the uk didn't have a sprinkler system. i'm sure the stadium does.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    although it's concerning, the building in the uk didn't have a sprinkler system. i'm sure the stadium does.
    The manufacturer doesn't recommend using the panels on buildings above 40 feet tall. Sprinkler or no, someone screwed up.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    Even if it doesn't, 80,000 people drinking beer should suffice.

Internal sprinkler systems may be ineffective against fires that spread through external paneling. Not clear what effect mass micturation would have, unless Browns fans have Archimedean ability to walk in the ether.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Not clear what effect mass micturation would have, unless Browns fans have Archimedean ability to walk in the ether.
    Chortle! Guffaw! Do carry on! Confound the neanderthal American footballers!

"Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The manufacturer doesn't recommend using the panels on buildings above 40 feet tall. Sprinkler or no, someone screwed up.
    I can't understand why you'd put panels with highly flammable insulation on a building of any height.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    clearly. i did say it was concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I can't understand why you'd put panels with highly flammable insulation on a building of any height.
    The price was unbeatable!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    They got a good price on the stuff.