Thread: Demovsky Projection of 53 Man Roster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It still makes no sense to me to let Lang walk if they put Evans in there since they wanted to develop a younger player. Evans is good, but being in a new system takes a bit away from him. He is a downgrade from Lang.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    It still makes no sense to me to let Lang walk if they put Evans in there since they wanted to develop a younger player. Evans is good, but being in a new system takes a bit away from him. He is a downgrade from Lang.
    A slight downgrade maybe, but not enough to make much difference. Evans is a vet who should have no trouble adjusting to a new system. If anything, playing for the Packers should be easier. Packers will have a more balanced offense than the pass-happy Saints, and Rodgers is more mobile than Brees.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Evans - $2.25M one year contract, $200,000 guaranteed.
    Lang - $28.5M three year contract, $19,000,000 guaranteed.

It's not difficult to understand why they let Lang walk, or why they are willing to give Evans a shot, especially when you consider that Evans has been more durable throughout his career.