Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Demovsky Projection of 53 Man Roster

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/packer...medium=twitter

Gilbert, who is trying to make the team as an outside linebacker, showed off his pass rush skills with a sack against the Broncos and Price, who has played well for most of the summer, did the same. However, both players may still be the victims of a numbers game.

At outside linebacker, the Packers are sure to keep five players before Gilbert, who would be the sixth guy at that spot assuming Vince Biegel is on the active roster. With the way he has produced as a pass rusher, Green Bay should think long and hard about keeping him, but sometimes, having only 53 spots means letting some good players go.

That could be the case for Price too. If the Packers keep six defensive lineman, he has a good chance, but with Kenny Clark, Mike Daniels, Ricky Jean-Francois, Dean Lowry and Montravius Adams all locks to make the team, it could get dicey for Price, who has put out some positive things on film all preseason long.

Getting down 53 players is never easy and for the Packers, with so many players competing for so few spots, the final cutdown, is going to involve some very difficult decisions.
    I'd almost expect IR for Adams at this point, so Price has the door open I believe.

For Biegel, recent press indicates he might be ramping up to join practice, but it this also might simply be the weekly recitation that he isn't ready yet. It would be a tough call to start him on PUP, since he can't practice. But I don't know if they can carry a non-playing OLB for long. They are going to have to accommodate Allison too.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/packer...medium=twitter

I'd almost expect IR for Adams at this point, so Price has the door open I believe.

For Biegel, recent press indicates he might be ramping up to join practice, but it this also might simply be the weekly recitation that he isn't ready yet. It would be a tough call to start him on PUP, since he can't practice. But I don't know if they can carry a non-playing OLB for long. They are going to have to accommodate Allison too.
    This doesn't sound great for Biegel short-term:

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...t-its-pop-back

On Friday, Biegel sat down with Jason Wilde and Mark Tauscher of ESPN Wisconsin to discuss his recovery, and he confirmed that as far as the bones of his foot go, everything is fully healed structurally. He then explained the final goal of his rehab before being cleared: “The biggest thing is being able to get the ‘pop’ back in the foot,” Biegel said.

What exactly does that ‘pop’ refer to? “It’s being able to take not just my body weight but the body weight of an NFL offensive lineman,” Biegel explained. As a 246-pound outside linebacker, Biegel will likely be facing offensive tackles more than 50 pounds heavier than him. Therefore, the strain on the muscles and tendons of the foot will need to be able to hold up under the stress of pushing off and engaging with those linemen.

Biegel, who currently remains on the Physically Unable to Perform list, is not dwelling on the possibility that he might start the regular season on the PUP and missing the first six games. “Whatever the process is, I’m not worried about it,” he said. “When I take the field for the Green Bay Packers, I want to make sure I’m 110% ready to go. (The trainers) have a great course of action for me to get back on the field.”
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Sounds like the bone has full reconnected but the Doc isn't seeing enough new bone growth to make him believe it will hold up yet. Rodgers went through same thing with his clavicle.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

QB (2) Rodgers, Hundley
    RB (5) Montgomery, Williams, Jones, Ripkowski, Kerridge
    WR (6) Adams, Cobb, Davis, Janis, Nelson, McCaffrey
    TE (3) Bennett, Kendricks, Rodgers
    OL (9) Linsley, Evans, Patrick, Taylor, Barclay, Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Murphy, Spriggs

DL (6) Lowry, Clark, Daniels, Francois, Ringo, Price
    ILB (3) Martinez, Ryan, Thomas
    OLB (5) Elliott, Fackrell, Gilbert, Matthews, Perry
    CB (6) Gunter, Hawkins, House, King, Randall, Rollins
    S (5) Brice, Burnett, Clinton-Dix, Evans, Jones
    ST (3) Crosby, Goode, Vogel

PUP: Biegel
    IR: M. Adams
    Suspended: Allison

PS: Pipkens, Amichia, McCray, Pankey, D. Mathews, Hill, Mays, Clark, Dupre, Yancey,

Biegel's rookie year is toast. Maybe special teams.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    QB (2) Rodgers, Hundley
    RB (5) Montgomery, Williams, Jones, Ripkowski, Kerridge
    WR (6) Adams, Cobb, Davis, Janis, Nelson, McCaffrey
    TE (3) Bennett, Kendricks, Rodgers
    OL (9) Linsley, Evans, Patrick, Taylor, Barclay, Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Murphy, Spriggs

DL (6) Lowry, Clark, Daniels, Francois, Ringo, Price
    ILB (3) Martinez, Ryan, Thomas
    OLB (5) Elliott, Fackrell, Gilbert, Matthews, Perry
    CB (6) Gunter, Hawkins, House, King, Randall, Rollins
    S (5) Brice, Burnett, Clinton-Dix, Evans, Jones
    ST (3) Crosby, Goode, Vogel

PUP: Biegel
    IR: M. Adams
    Suspended: Allison

PS: Pipkens, Amichia, McCray, Pankey, D. Mathews, Hill, Mays, Clark, Dupre, Yancey,
    I don't understand the two fullback thing.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I agree. Less likely this year with 3 or 4 TEs, two of whom can block.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    Special teams. I think he'll contribute more than any of the players I'm leaving out.

Half the league doesn't even carry a fullback anymore...zero chance we keep two imo

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Half the league doesn't even carry a fullback anymore...zero chance we keep two imo
    They proved last year that logic is irrelevant.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    They proved last year that logic is irrelevant.
    How so?

Might be a stupid question but can we put Adams on PUP in case of injury and then on IR if we don't need him?

Might be a stupid question but can we put Adams on PUP in case of injury and then on IR if we don't need him?
    No. He practiced a couple of days so he's ineligible for PUP.

How so?
    Last year the Packers kept Ripkowski and activated Kerridge for 8 games. The Year before they kept Riplowski and Kuhn.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Last year the Packers kept Ripkowski and activated Kerridge for 8 games. The Year before they kept Riplowski and Kuhn.
    Year before I understand but last year was more due to injuries at RB. Too much talent at other positions for us to carry two FBs but you never know I guess.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    If Packers don't keep McCaffrey, by season's end he will be tearing it up for NE.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    If Packers don't keep McCaffrey, by season's end he will be tearing it up for NE.
    He's so overrated it's not even funny...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    He's so overrated it's not even funny...
    are you kidding? He fits the mold of what NE does with their little scrawny receivers.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

I think Price stays regardless of Adams. If Adams is IR, then it opens up one more for another position. No way for two fullbacks. I still think they keep all three RB draft picks and maybe cross train Mays as a backup FB. I've been thinking either McCaffrey OR Trevor Davis; I now think McCaffrey is gone and Davis stays. Yes, McCaffrey probably is overrated. We have to keep 3 TEs. From what I've seen, I'd elevate Rodgers over Kendricks. I think we keep 3 QBs and try to PS the 4th. Next week will determine who stays on the 53 between Callahan and Hill. Agreed, several of those backup O Linemen have looked pretty bad; Geoff Gray #74 has looked fairly decent but I doubt they keep him unless he can be a backup Center, though. I actually saw some good things from Spriggs in the NFL Network replay today - more bad than good still, but maybe not as bad as some are saying.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Michael Cohen: