Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Demovsky Projection of 53 Man Roster

I think Michael Cohen went to Office Depot last weekend and bought loose leaf paper with school supplies.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If they keep Adams on the roster with virtually no camp they must think he will show up in pass rush in a big way second half of season.

I don't know how to choose between Mays and Jones. Williams can run, block and catch well. But Jones might be as good a runner and Mays is the best pass catcher back there.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

So Scout.com implemented a new web design this year. They have gone to more slide shows, though not quite as horrible as the old Bleacher Report site. They also disabled copy and past from the text of the article. This flummoxed me for almost a month, until I remembered the laptop can make a PDF from any page displayed.

Vogel punted seven times and averaged 46.9 yards in Thursday’s preseason finale vs. the Los Angeles Rams. Two other numbers should weigh heavily in Vogel’s favor when the Packers pick their 53-man roster on Saturday. First, Vogel averaged 4.60 seconds of hang time. Second, only three of his punts were returned for only 8 yards. Vogel’s first six punts averaged 4.81 seconds of hang time and resulted in minus-6 return yards.
    http://scout.com/nfl/packers/Article...r-Sp-106740511

If I were in a media company, I would give serious thought to mailing copies of the material out each week for subscriptions. Saturday Evening Post style.
    Last edited by pbmax; 09-01-2017 at 09:09 AM.

Well, thank goodness Vogel didn't shank two or three.

I guess he's the punter.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Well, thank goodness Vogel didn't shank two or three.

I guess he's the punter.
    They damn well better not dump him for some Schum clone.

Jones and Mays were getting worked into special teams - a good sign they will stay.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

QB (2) - Aaron Rodgers, Brett Hundley
    RB (5) - Ty Montgomery, Aaron Ripkowski, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Devante Mays
    WR (5) - Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams, Trevor Davis, Jeff Janis
    TE (3) - Martellus Bennett, Lance Kendricks, Richard Rodgers
    OL (9) - David Bakhtiari, Lane Taylor, Corey Linsley, Jahri Evans, Bryan Bulaga, Don Barclay, Jason Spriggs, Kyle Murphy, Lucas Patrick
    DL (6) - Mike Daniels, Kenny Clark, Dean Lowry, Ricky Jean-Francois, Montravius Adams, Christian Ringo
    OLB (6) - Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Ahmad Brooks, Kyler Fackrell, Jayrone Elliott, Reggie Gilbert
    ILB (3) - Jake Ryan, Blake Martinez, Joe Thomas
    CB (6) - Davon House, Damarious Randall, Quinten Rollins, Kevin King, Josh Hawkins, LaDarius Gunter
    S (5) - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Morgan Burnett, Kentrell Brice, Josh Jones, Marwin Evans
    ST (3) - Mason Crosby, Justin Vogel, Brett Goode

SUSP - Geronimo Allison
    PUP - Vince Biegel

I think they'll keep Patrick or Brian Price until Allison returns. I lean towards Patrick because they may need a backup interior OL for the first game.

I have Fackrell, Elliott, and Gilbert making it, but if Gilbert makes it, it will probably be at the expense of Elliott or Fackrell. That would open a spot for Taysom Hill, Joe Kerridge, or one of the young WRs.

Guys that I'd like to see on the PS that I don't have making the final roster: QB Hill, WR Dupre, WR Yancey, WR Clark, OL Gray, DL Price
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    RB (5) - Ty Montgomery, Aaron Ripkowski, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Devante Mays
    OL (9) - David Bakhtiari, Lane Taylor, Corey Linsley, Jahri Evans, Bryan Bulaga, Don Barclay, Jason Spriggs, Kyle Murphy, Lucas Patrick
    DL (6) - Mike Daniels, Kenny Clark, Dean Lowry, Ricky Jean-Francois, Montravius Adams, Christian Ringo
    OLB (6) - Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Ahmad Brooks, Kyler Fackrell, Jayrone Elliott, Reggie Gilbert
    CB (6) - Davon House, Damarious Randall, Quinten Rollins, Kevin King, Josh Hawkins, LaDarius Gunter
    S (5) - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Morgan Burnett, Kentrell Brice, Josh Jones, Marwin Evans

SUSP - Geronimo Allison
    PUP - Vince Biegel

I think they'll keep Patrick or Brian Price until Allison returns. I lean towards Patrick because they may need a backup interior OL for the first game.

I have Fackrell, Elliott, and Gilbert making it, but if Gilbert makes it, it will probably be at the expense of Elliott or Fackrell. That would open a spot for Taysom Hill, Joe Kerridge, or one of the young WRs.

Guys that I'd like to see on the PS that I don't have making the final roster: QB Hill, WR Dupre, WR Yancey, WR Clark, OL Gray, DL Price
    Hard to argue with much of that. I'd put McCaffrey on the squad and Patrick and Kerridge to PS on offense. On defense, I'd put Tripp on the team and Adams on IR. Derrick Mathews and Donatello Brown to the PS.

Blog Entries
    Calvin and Pipkens to the Practice Squad too but that's too many. Dump Gray and Dupre maybe.

Allison would move Mays to the PS and another guy with potential hits the street.
    Last edited by vince; 09-01-2017 at 11:23 PM.

No reason we can't keep the 4 RBs plus Ripkowski as well as 7 WRs (Nelson, Adams, Cobb, Janis, Davis, Yancey, and Clark the first week, with Clark going to the PS when Allison returns). 2 QBs, 3 TEs, 8 O linemen, 3 special teamers, 6 D Linemen (Daniels, Clark, Lowery, Price, Francois, Ringo with Adams IR), 5 OLBs (Matthews, Perry, Brooks, Elliot, either Fackrell or Gilbert), 3 ILBs, 6 Corners, 5 Safetys.

That's the 53 I project that we keep.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Hard to argue with much of that. I'd put McCaffrey on the squad and Patrick and Kerridge to PS on offense. On defense, I'd put Tripp on the team and Adams on IR. Derrick Mathews and Donatello Brown to the PS.
    McCaffrey doesn't do much for me. He doesn't look natural catching punts. Both punts he caught last night were awkward catches from my view in the stands. He's like another Jared Abbrederis. Putting Adams and Tripp on IR is a good idea. Teams don't need to designate the player to return anymore and you can bring two guys off IR. However, I'm not clear on the rule. Does the player have to be on the 53 man roster first?
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

SUSP - Geronimo Allison
    PUP - Vince Biegel

Take out Mays at RB and add another WR.

Also think they might IR Adams and keep Price.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Take out Mays at RB and add another WR.

Also think they might IR Adams and keep Price.
    I think they'll keep all three rookie RBs. They showed more than the young WRs.

If no longer have to have the IR guy on the 53 man roster, then I agree. I'm unclear on that.

Assuming Biegel goes on PUP and they'll wait to sign Brooks, it looks like they have 8 more cuts to make.

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017...to-53-players/

Players released
    – LS Derek Hart (released on Monday)
    – RB William Stanback (released on Monday)
    – WR Colby Pearson (released on Monday)
    – DT Calvin Heurtelou (report)
    – RB Kalif Phillips (report)
    – CB Daquan Holmes (report)
    – LB David Talley (report)
    – TE Aaron Peck (report)
    – OL Thomas Evans (report)
    – S Aaron Taylor (report)
    – OLB Johnathan Calvin (report)
    – ILB Cody Heiman (report)
    – G Geoff Gray (report)
    – CB Raysean Pringle (report)
    – DT Izaah Lunsford (report)
    – QB Joe Callahan (report)
    – TE Emanuel Byd (report)
    – QB Taysom Hill (report)
    – WR Malachi Dupre (report)
    – LB Derrick Mathews (report)
    – OL Adam Pankey (report)
    – WR DeAngelo Yancey (report)
    – CB Donatello Brown (report)
    – WR Max McCaffrey (report)
    – WR Michael Clark (report)
    – DL Brian Price
    – OLB Reggie Gilbert
    – OL Kofi Amichia

Roster as it stands
    QB (2): Aaron Rodgers, Brett Hundley

RB (4): Ty Montgomery, Jamaal Williams, Aaron Jones, Devante Mays

FB (2): Aaron Ripkowski, Joe Kerridge

WR (7): Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams, Jeff Janis, Trevor Davis, Geronimo Allison, Montay Crockett

TE (3): Martellus Bennett, Lance Kendricks, Richard Rodgers

OL (11): Bryan Bulaga, David Bakhtiari, Corey Linsley, Jahri Evans, Lane Taylor, Don Barclay, Jason Spriggs, Kyle Murphy, Lucas Patrick, Justin McCray, Robert Leff

DL (6): Mike Daniels, Kenny Clark, Dean Lowry, Ricky Jean-Francois, Christian Ringo, Montravius Adams

OLB (7): Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, Kyler Fackrell, Jayrone Elliott, Vince Biegel, Josh Letuligasenoa, Ahmad Brooks (pending signing)

ILB (4): Jake Ryan, Blake Martinez, Joe Thomas, Jordan Tripp

CB (8): Davon House, Damarious Randall, Quinten Rollins, LaDarius Gunter, Kevin King, Josh Hawkins, Demetri Goodson, Lenzy Pipkins

S (6): Morgan Burnett, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Kentrell Brice, Josh Jones, Marwin Evans, Jermaine Whitehead

ST (3): Mason Crosby, Justin Vogel, Brett Goode
    Last edited by HarveyWallbangers; 09-02-2017 at 03:39 PM.

I am slightly incredulous Montay Crockett is on the roster formally.

Brooks get added to roster tomorrow and somebody drops, I assume

This is Silverstein's projection for end of day today

by Tom Silverstein 3:37 PM

ST (3)
    K - Crosby
    P - Vogel
    LS - Goode

DEFENSE (25)
    DL - (6) Daniels, Clark, Lowry, Adams, Jean Francois, Ringo
    ILB - (4) Ryan, Martinez, Thomas, Tripp
    OLB (4) Matthews, Perry, Fackrell, Elliott
    CB - (6) House, Randall, Rollins, King, Gunter, Hawkins
    S - (5) HHCD, Burnett, Brice, Jones, Evans

OFFENSE (25)
    QB - (2) Rodgers, Hundley
    RB - (5) Montgomery, Williams, Jones, Mays, Ripkowski
    WR - (5) Nelson, Adams, Cobb, Davis, Janis
    OL - (10) Bakhtiari, Taylor, Linsley, Evans, Bulaga, Spriggs, Murphy, Barclay, Patrick, McCray
    TE - (3) Bennett, Kendrick, Rodgers

Gilbert reportedly dropped. They must really believe in Fackrell. But he needs to let it loose.

Will be key to get Gilbert on PS.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Gilbert reportedly dropped. They must really believe in Fackrell. But he needs to let it loose.

sometimes people can admit their mistakes and cut the cord rather then compound the problem

in this case, TT and fat mike decided to compound the problem by keeping a higher drafted player (who shows nothing on the field) over a guy who looked a whole hell of a lot better this preseason

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Ted won't cut his guy this early
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries

SUSP - Geronimo Allison
    PUP - Vince Biegel

KUDOS; great job with this
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?