Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Demovsky Projection of 53 Man Roster

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    So to summarize:

Somebody has to go when they sign Brooks. I would think either Pipkens or McCray.

I suspect we'll put M. Adams on IR-designated to return and then add Brooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I suspect we'll put M. Adams on IR-designated to return and then add Brooks.
    A player has to start the season on the active roster to be eligible to return from IR. Packers only have 4 OLB's right now, so they'll probably want Brooks active Week 1.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

A player has to start the season on the active roster to be eligible to return from IR. Packers only have 4 OLB's right now, so they'll probably want Brooks active Week 1.
    That might be where Adams goes (IR-DTR) so it has to be CB or OL.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Draft picks go in certain rounds because they meet certain criteria. Personnel guys don't forget that until you put up a large amount of film.

Fackrell might very well end up on an active roster if someone else rated him as highly as the Packer. And before you claim this is impossible, remember every other time you have made this claim and we got details later, you were wrong.

Gilbert was cut before Fackrell because they figure they can get him to the PS. I suspect they hope neither has to see the field on Defense right now. Gilbert looked good at times against backups and 3rd stringers, but he never made a move to get starting snaps.

And after the PS additions, Ted will change the roster again during Week 1. It never stays the same as on cutdown day.
    Last edited by pbmax; 09-02-2017 at 11:01 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Too damn many O Linemen - and none of them, not even the starters - are all that good. .
    God this is a stupid take. Even fat boy McCray is not too bad. Main problem is who to plug in for bacteria when he gets hurt. They all get hurt - they're Packer People.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    DON"T BE SURPRISED IF WE PUT IN A WAIVER CLAIM OR TWO EITHER
    Exactly.

I believe there is a certain strategy to keeping certain players on the active roster to start the season. They must have felt the OL and CB players they have were more at risk of being picked up or leaving if they left them exposed at this point in time. They may be factoring in depth/injuries into their decisions too. Whereas, the risk of losing the WR's was much less. Many teams will not be interested in players if they can't get them into their system immediately. They will keep their own players over someone else having to learn a new scheme. We also probably overvalue players at the bottom of the roster who are just not that good at this point in their career, and never will be.

DL: I'm thinking they sign Price or someone off the waiver/FA list to PS. After week 1 Adams goes to IR (making him return eligible) and Price/FA is promoted from PS.

OL: Carrying 10 right now because of injuries to Barclay and Patrick. If either player get green light from doctors, McCray is probably cut and added to PS, opening roster spot for Brooks. If they have to carry 10 OL into season, then Pipkens is cut and added to PS to make room for Brooks.

So to summarize:

Somebody has to go when they sign Brooks. I would think either Pipkens or McCray.
    I am happy to see a new Punter in Justin Vogel.

I'm surprised that Brett Hundley was kept; but he could be TT Trade bait !? I'm not impressed with his passing style and Hill grew in TC.

LaDarius Gunter must be wearing 'Sticky'. Please TT, find any decent CB to replace him !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I am happy to see a new Punter in Justin Vogel.

I'm surprised that Brett Hundley was kept; but he could be TT Trade bait !? I'm not impressed with his passing style and Hill grew in TC.

LaDarius Gunter must be wearing 'Sticky'. Please TT, find any decent CB to replace him !
    I'm curious to see Gunter play the slot. His speed is less of a liability when there is a safety behind him. His instincts and savvy are more on display inside. Again, I'm interested to see him play in there. If he flops at that, yeah, wtf is going on? Why is he here? But I want to see first.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    If Packers don't keep McCaffrey, by season's end he will be tearing it up for NE.
    They just traded a backup QB for a WR on the Colts (Philip Dorset). Seems they were more worried about the loss of Edelman than most observers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Ted won't cut his guy this early
    He cut his 5th and 7th round picks. This is just the Ted's ego argument all over again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    He cut his 5th and 7th round picks. This is just the Ted's ego argument all over again.
    Ted has never had issues cutting late rounders. It's a number game and when you have a bunch of draft picks later rounders will often get cut. One might argue the early rounders...1-3 should get a few years even if hey are outplayed. Agree with it or not, that is a value argument you agree or disagree with.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

He actually cut Yancey (5th), Amichia (6th), and Dupre (7th). Pretty impressive.

When is the deadline for roster claims?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    When is the deadline for roster claims?
    I think players with less than 4 years experience are on waivers for 24 hours after final cuts have to be in. Players with 4 years or more immediately become free agents once released.

So Taysom Hill is gone now ....... but never fear, Ted managed to retain 10 big O Line lumps. s-h-i-i-i-t.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    So Taysom Hill is gone now ....... but never fear, Ted managed to retain 10 big O Line lumps. s-h-i-i-i-t.
    Probably not gone. Practice squad awaits.

Edit: You were right it will be Callahan here. Doesn't make much difference to me.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 09-03-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    He actually cut Yancey (5th), Amichia (6th), and Dupre (7th). Pretty impressive.
    If he would just cut this year's first rounder it would prove that Ted really has no ego.

Do it, Ted!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Chris Odom:

Given his size, the Packers will likely play him on the edge at outside linebacker.

A corresponding roster move will need to be made to accommodate Odom’s arrival. The Packers released their initial 53-man roster on Saturday.

Odom was productive during his first NFL preseason, tallying 17 tackles, two sacks and a pass deflection over four games. He was particularly impressive in the Falcons’ preseason finale against the Jaguars (eight tackles, sack).