Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Demovsky Projection of 53 Man Roster

Sounds promising. I wonder if he's promising enough to suck up a roster spot while learning the trade.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    So Taysom Hill is gone now ....... but never fear, Ted managed to retain 10 big O Line lumps. s-h-i-i-i-t.
    Hill is a 26 year old rookie...I'm not losing any sleep over losing out on a 3rd string QB

Was hoping we would claim some OL help but I'm pleased with adding a passing rushing prospect.

Rob Demovsky‏Verified account
    @RobDemovsky
    Follow
    More
    The Packers will host veteran DE Quinton Dial on a free-agent visit on Monday, his agent confirmed to ESPN. He... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40000506-4
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Rob Demovsky‏Verified account
    @RobDemovsky
    Follow
    More
    The Packers will host veteran DE Quinton Dial on a free-agent visit on Monday, his agent confirmed to ESPN. He... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40000506-4
    Adams going to IR?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Adams going to IR?
    They need a total of two spots for Brooks and Odom. Trading Elliot gives them one, I though Adams was the other.

If they sign Dial, need one more.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quinton dial signing would definitely give us another quality lineman...love what TT is doing.

If you look up 5 tech in 3-4 body type, you get this guy's wikipedia page. He's 6' 5", 318. He signed a 3 year deal with San Fran in February of 2016.

Packers making hay on the 49ers going to a 4-3.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...75=1&qwr=nomob

The Green Bay Packers signed LB Ahmad Brooks, claimed LB Chris Odom off waivers from the Atlanta Falcons, placed T/G Don Barclay on injured reserve and traded LB Jayrone Elliott to the Dallas Cowboys in exchange for a conditional draft choice. Additionally, the Packers signed the following players to the practice squad: G Kofi Amichia, CB Donatello Brown, QB Joe Callahan, WR Michael Clark, LB Reggie Gilbert, DT Izaah Lunsford, LB Derrick Mathews, G/T Adam Pankey, S Jermaine Whitehead and WR DeAngelo Yancey. The transactions were announced Sunday by Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, Gener

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-even...#ixzz4rerFuorG
    Last edited by Brandon494; 09-03-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Barclay to IR

Barclay to IR
    Why?

It seems like the past year they've been trying to squeeze blood out of this rock. Barclay was a borderline player who got a serious injury.

They've looked at 10 or more younger players since Barclay got hurt. Do none of them have any potential? I guess not.

Barclay is a very frayed security blanket. Moth eaten.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 11m11 minutes ago
    Don Barclay to IR is the move to sign Brooks.

So that is 9 O lineman. Barclay will be eligible to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Why?

It seems like the past year they've been trying to squeeze blood out of this rock. Barclay was a borderline player who got a serious injury.

They've looked at 10 or more younger players since Barclay got hurt. Do none of them have any potential? I guess not.

Barclay is a very frayed security blanket. Moth eaten.
    Patler had a good post last year, that Barclay was horrible the year after his bad injury. But that prior to it, he looked like a viable Center and possible Guard. Last year, more than a year removed from the injury, he did not look like a tire fire, which was an absolute improvement.

I think he is a serviceable backup if healthy and recovered from the injury. But there is a definite question mark about his return from this one. No idea how serious it is.

The year before his ACL, Barclay was a serviceable, below-average year-long starter at RT. He can play C and G. No, we do not want him in there, but he has experience and ability, if no potential. That's why he's on the team (now IR).

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 11m11 minutes ago
    Don Barclay to IR is the move to sign Brooks.

So that is 9 O lineman. Barclay will be eligible to come back.
    So I read that a player must be on the roster at the start of the season to be eligible to return from IR. Was that wrong, or does the season officially start when teams turn in their first official roster on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    So I read that a player must be on the roster at the start of the season to be eligible to return from IR. Was that wrong, or does the season officially start when teams turn in their first official roster on Saturday?
    Not sure how rule reads, but reporters were all saying player had to be on roster past waiver claims today to be eligible.

Elliot's Goodbye:

ayelliott91

So thankful for the @packers to take a chance on a kid from Cleveland. Thank you to Mr. Murphy, Ted Thompson and Coach McCarthy for letting me get my foot in the door. The organization, community, and fans have shown me nothing but love since day one! It's a blessing in disguise but gonna miss my brothers! Y'all know what it is... Dallas ya boy on the way! #GThang #TrustIT #14's #WeekFiveItsOn

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYmG1-nBP4m/

If the meeting with Dial goes well today I think we see Adams put on short term IR which would be the start move with him being a rookie and basically getting no reps or practice all camp.

Former teammate of newly acquired Brooks and played at Bama with Haha so hopefully Ted can work out the numbers to make it work.

If the meeting with Dial goes well today I think we see Adams put on short term IR which would be the start move with him being a rookie and basically getting no reps or practice all camp.
    The problem though is Adams can't practice while on IR. He'll have gone over 3 months without practicing by the time he's eligible to come back. Besides, Adams practiced today, so I don't think they have plans to put him on IR.