Thread: Official 2017 Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    4th round works for OL. Pass rushers who excel in the NFL? Probably not at all likely.
    This is a fair point. But it lead me to think of exceptions, late-round Packer pash rushers, and I thought of Bryce Paup, Keith McKenzie and Aaron Kampman. That's digging deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    This is a fair point. But it lead me to think of exceptions, late-round Packer pash rushers, and I thought of Bryce Paup, Keith McKenzie and Aaron Kampman. That's digging deep.
    KGB was 5th round.

Quote Originally Posted by Descartesz View Post
    KGB was 5th round.
    Ya know, I was thinking of KGB but my brain fetched "Keith McKenzie." I don't think Keith McKenzie was a great pass rusher, more of a linebacker who kept gaining weight and got stuck on the D-line.

Ya know, I was thinking of KGB but my brain fetched "Keith McKenzie." I don't think Keith McKenzie was a great pass rusher, more of a linebacker who kept gaining weight and got stuck on the D-line.
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...M/McKeKe20.htm

Your brain is working A-OK I think.

KGB was better for a lot longer. But Keith McKenzie did pretty well for a 7th round flyer from Ball State (not sure if Ball State was even in the MAC back then). Took a while but 2 8-sack seasons for Green Bay and then another for Cleveland.

Would like to do as well in the 7th every year.

Quote Originally Posted by wthigoot View Post
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...M/McKeKe20.htm

Your brain is working A-OK I think.
    You are generous. I conflated K-K-K-Keith McKenzie with K-K-K-KGB in my mind. They were similar players, as you point out.

But I also melded Keith McKenzie with Keith Traylor. Traylor was a svelte, athletic 250 lb linebacker who had a brief stint with the Pack. He went on The Coach Mac & Cheese diet and ballooned into a 340 pound nose tackle. The big man lasted an amazing 17 NFL seasons. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Traylor

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    You are generous. I conflated K-K-K-Keith McKenzie with K-K-K-KGB in my mind. They were similar players, as you point out.

But I also melded Keith McKenzie with Keith Traylor. Traylor was a svelte, athletic 250 lb linebacker who had a brief stint with the Pack. He went on The Coach Mac & Cheese diet and ballooned into a 340 pound nose tackle. The big man lasted an amazing 17 NFL seasons. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Traylor
    I conflate Keith with Jiffy Lube.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Asshole, you just made me remember Robert Traylor, the guy from Michigan who the Bucks acquired in exchange for a young Dirk Nowitzki. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Asshole, you just made me remember Robert Traylor, the guy from Michigan who the Bucks acquired in exchange for a young Dirk Nowitzki. Thanks a lot.
    Draft day trade no less. Dead a few years later of a heart condition. Tractor was not good.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

double asshole for reminding all of us.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

What ever happened to that foreign kid? Did he ever make it anywhere?

Nm, Rene beat me too it.

KGB
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    KGB
    I saw KGB at Walmart the other day. Talked about the 2007 season. I said the defense was so strong the beginning of the year and that I just don't think they quite had it at the end after the injuries to jolly and him sunk in. He said, "if Favre didn't throw that pick they would have won."

I was surprised to hear a player put it all on that one play..... but he did.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I saw KGB at Walmart the other day. Talked about the 2007 season. I said the defense was so strong the beginning of the year and that I just don't think they quite had it at the end after the injuries to jolly and him sunk in. He said, "if Favre didn't throw that pick they would have won."

I was surprised to hear a player put it all on that one play..... but he did.
    You just never know who or what you will find there.
    http://www.peopleofwalmart.com
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck