Thread: Official 2017 Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I miss the days when there was a written recap of practice with highlights, standouts, and poor performances. Now it's reporters tweeting with no summary and either a discussion on a podcast or a video. I am rarely where I can watch something. Why is written reporting a low priority? I understand why they're adding video/etc, but I don't understand why it's a replacement tactic.

I'm not that old, but I feel like I'm getting there.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I miss the days when there was a written recap of practice with highlights, standouts, and poor performances. Now it's reporters tweeting with no summary and either a discussion on a podcast or a video. I am rarely where I can watch something. Why is written reporting a low priority? I understand why they're adding video/etc, but I don't understand why it's a replacement tactic.

Seems very true. Scout.com, PackersNews (GBPG) and JSO have practice recaps but they are video.

Madison.com (WiSJ) just has features on the story of the day.

A bunch of media companies have been making a big transition to video, because it translates well to mobile devices AND forces users to watch the ads. There will be a lot less written content on the web from big media companies for a few years.

The problem is that most of them, including virtually all at packers news.com, are terrible at video. The practice report with Nagler and the beat writer of the day looks like it was filmed by a cell phone, written by a monkey and edited by a ghost.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017...-observations/

Josh Jones in pads doesn’t disappoint

The hype train keeps chugging along for rookie safety Josh Jones, who had another good showing in the first padded practice of the year. Jones flew all over the field and was always around the ball wherever it went. He made a tackle in the backfield untouched for a tackle and a safety blitz on one play that could have resulted in a sack.

His physicality was on display as he put a good hit on fellow rookie Malachi Dupre. Veteran tight end Richard Rodgers didn’t appreciate the hit and got into Jones’s face. The scuffle was quickly broken up by players.
    Other Notes and Observations

– Quinten Rollins made an impressive diving interception in the end zone off Aaron Rodgers near the end of practice, while safety Marwin Evans also had an interception off Joe Callahan.

– Kevin King and Davon House were once again the starting cornerbacks on the outside with Rollins in the slot. In his press conference before practice, head coach Mike McCarthy said to not pay attention to the rotation of defensive backs, but there was not much mixing and matching with the first team defense.

– Jayrone Elliott started 2-0 in 1-on-1 drills against the offensive line, while Kyler Fackrell was 0-2 according to Ryan Wood of PackersNews.Com

– Kicker Mason Crosby and rookie punter Justin Vogel both had solid practices on Saturday. Crosby went 6-for-7, hitting the post on a 42-yard field goal attempt, while his longest made was from 48 yards. Vogel had three good punts with one bad one, averaging 50.75 yards with a 4.51 average hang time according to Wood.

– Rookie defensive lineman Montravius Adams did not practice today with no injury reported yet.