Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Training Camp Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I went to Family Night. I thought I'd be more impressed by Clark. He had a couple of one on one deep throws, and his ball skills and competitiveness were lacking. My gut tells me that it will be Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Allison, Davis, and Janis with a couple of the rookies sneaking onto the practice squad. To me, Allison and Davis both looked much improved.

I thought Aaron Jones and Devante Mays looked rather pedestrian. Jamaal Williams looked solid, but Ty Montgomery is by far the best RB we have. If he stays healthy and improves in pass pro, he's going to surprise a lot of people around the NFL.

Taysom Hill looks like a clone of Joe Callahan.

My gut tells me House, King, Randall, Rollins, and Hawkins will be the top five corners with one other player likely slipping into the mix for a 6th spot. I was a bit disappointed in Kevin King though. He looked disinterested when he was playing off coverage. To be fair, I watched him on fewer than 10 plays.

One guy who caught my eye was ILB Cody Heiman. I had to look at the roster to see who he was. He might be a good practice squad candidate.
    You're probably right on most of the UDFA players. There's a reason most weren't drafted and it's simply because they weren't good enough. So guys we think will be snatched up immediately by other clubs probably stand a good chance of being on the Packer's practice squad. I'm sure there are at least a couple of diamonds in the rough that will make the regular roster due to an outstanding training camp or injuries.

I also wonder if not making any cutdowns until the end of the preseason will end up helping the Packers since there will be a lot of chaos with all the players released at once?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post

I also wonder if not making any cutdowns until the end of the preseason will end up helping the Packers since there will be a lot of chaos with all the players released at once?
    Packers do such a good job of attracting and bringing in rookie FAs that there will no doubt be some we like that will get snatched up by someone else. There are enough good organizations that these guys get scouted and are on other team's radars (especially if they knew about them before the Packers signed them - and most probably did). Still, how many rookie FAs have the Packers let go who became great players for other teams? I can't think of one. A little help here?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Somebody - probably Tank/Rutnstrut - claims Charles Johnson of the Vikings is a GREAT receiver.

By the way, I am rooting for Cody Heiman, just so we can nickname him "Buster."
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

since leaving, our Johnson seems to have grown in stature.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Vogel is going to cost us a playoff victory this year, isn't he?
    that high snap he couldn't handle was so high he had to nearly stand up to get it. it's the snapper. from all reports he's doing a real good job punting. the Packers are $22m under the cap with the guion cut. they can afford to resign brett goode now. smh...sometimes the Packers cheapness is completely baffling.

R-E-L-A-X

It's not even pre season yet

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    that high snap he couldn't handle was so high he had to nearly stand up to get it. it's the snapper. from all reports he's doing a real good job punting. the Packers are $22m under the cap with the guion cut. they can afford to resign brett goode now. smh...sometimes the Packers cheapness is completely baffling.
    It wasn't cheapness, they were going for more athletic, presumably so the LS could be more of a factor in punt coverage. If it doesn't work, Goode will be back.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    It wasn't cheapness, they were going for more athletic, presumably so the LS could be more of a factor in punt coverage. If it doesn't work, Goode will be back.
    Doesn't matter how athletic he is if he can't do his main job.

http://www.12up.com/posts/5374615-re...mp?a_aid=36476

REPORT: Packers Top Draft Pick Struggling Early in Camp

" The media's draft darling ( the first pick of the second round CB Kevin King ), is getting off to a rocky start in Green Bay. ​ "
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

" The media's draft darling ( the first pick of the second round CB Kevin King ), is getting off to a rocky start in Green Bay. ​ "
    I'm not surprised that a rookie CB would struggle covering WR's who have been in the NFL for years. He probably saw very few good receivers while in college, and certainly the QB's were mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post

That is one whale of a report based on one bad day. And that after he ascended to the 1st team until an injury slowed him down.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Some guys are good right away like Sam shields or Clay Matthews. Some guys take a year like Bryan Bulaga or Tramon Williams. Some guys take a few years like Nick Collins or TJ Lang or davante Adams.

R-E-L-A-X

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That is one whale of a report based on one bad day. And that after he ascended to the 1st team until an injury slowed him down.
    Woodbuck demands better performance. Why are you satisfied with mediocrity?

http://www.12up.com/posts/5384183-ty...ay?a_aid=36476

Ty Montgomery Might Have Lost Hold of His Starting Job on Thursday

BY: Dan O'Shea ...11 AUG 2017

Comment woodbuck27: Will Ty fumble it away?
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I simply read it and then posted it. So burn me at the stake.

Packers sign Brett Goode to compete for LS job. http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017...r-brett-goode/

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Packers do such a good job of attracting and bringing in rookie FAs that there will no doubt be some we like that will get snatched up by someone else. There are enough good organizations that these guys get scouted and are on other team's radars (especially if they knew about them before the Packers signed them - and most probably did). Still, how many rookie FAs have the Packers let go who became great players for other teams? I can't think of one. A little help here?
    Kurt Warner
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Kurt Warner
    Man, you had to go back 23 years, to the first year there were 7 rounds in the draft. Warner is such an odd ball story, with the arena ball, the coaching, being passed over by the Brownies in the expansion draft, and I think even NFL Europe too, right - before the Rams. Everybody was wrong about him and only very odd circumstances gave him a shot.

The is some Packer on former Packer Twitter beefing going on.

Jermichael Finley was telling players to shut up and play the game. Martellus Bennett responded and HaHa has now joined in.

Its all very mild and boring, but the best thing about a day with no practice.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Apparently Jermichael just can't stay away.

What a pain in the neck.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack