Thread: Official 2017 Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Kurt Warner
    Man, you had to go back 23 years, to the first year there were 7 rounds in the draft. Warner is such an odd ball story, with the arena ball, the coaching, being passed over by the Brownies in the expansion draft, and I think even NFL Europe too, right - before the Rams. Everybody was wrong about him and only very odd circumstances gave him a shot.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Man, you had to go back 23 years, to the first year there were 7 rounds in the draft. Warner is such an odd ball story, with the arena ball, the coaching, being passed over by the Brownies in the expansion draft, and I think even NFL Europe too, right - before the Rams. Everybody was wrong about him and only very odd circumstances gave him a shot.
    To be honest I wasn't even sure he met the qualifications you put up, but he and James Harrison always stand out in my book as the greatest players to have been cut early on.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.