Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Training Camp Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    For a second I was thinking you were going to diagnose ebola.
    Good point. How long till an epidemiologist decides to make Packer training camp their next research project?

Baranczyk makes some good points about Spriggs, Janis, McCaffrey, Davis and Vogel.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...off/581329001/
    Given Rodgers' views of practice vs. preseason games, I wonder if there's a conflict between him and Janis. Will he look for the guy who doesn't excel in practice?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Given Rodgers' views of practice vs. preseason games, I wonder if there's a conflict between him and Janis. Will he look for the guy who doesn't excel in practice?
    That might explain some and I am willing to buy the explanation for that slice. But somehow Hundley figured out how to use him. Might just be small sample size. Hundley sees him more. But I think some of Saturday was legit with him, this wasn't just coasting by the 3rd and 4th string two years ago.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Sure. Make jokes about Lowry getting hurt What could go wrong?

...And Lowry gets hurt in the next exhibition game. Sheesh.

If Lowry's lost for the season it's Armageddon.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I think if Lowry were seriously hurt, we would know by now.

The Packer blogs are all of a mind Monty is not seriously hurt. They are going with the minimalist interpretation of "soft tissue injury", like muscle cramp or strain rather than the maximalist interpretation that he has no cartilage left in his body.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    ...And Lowry gets hurt in the next exhibition game. Sheesh.

If Lowry's lost for the season it's Armageddon.
    you're really going out on a limb there. I say it's a recoverable loss.

The Packer blogs are all of a mind Monty is not seriously hurt. They are going with the minimalist interpretation of "soft tissue injury", like muscle cramp or strain rather than the maximalist interpretation that he has no cartilage left in his body.
    I interpret "soft tissue injury" as a deep bruise - and that's the way it looked when he got hit.

I hope Lowery is OK, but if not, D Line is one of our deepest positions - Daniels, Clark, Price, Francois, and Ringo, and half the time, it seems like only two are on the field.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I interpret "soft tissue injury" as a deep bruise - and that's the way it looked when he got hit.

I hope Lowery is OK, but if not, D Line is one of our deepest positions - Daniels, Clark, Price, Francois, and Ringo, and half the time, it seems like only two are on the field.
    The thing is if a RB can't play through that, he has little to no chance of not missing a lot of time during the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The thing is if a RB can't play through that, he has little to no chance of not missing a lot of time during the regular season.
    You have to make up your mind. Does the coach force players to play (Lacy) or does the player decide (Monty)?

Boo, BOO I say. Outside punt team defender no more for King. Never makes contact. Hideous.

Evans in middle doesn't do anything either. VIA: https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/s...75408287219714

You have to make up your mind. Does the coach force players to play (Lacy) or does the player decide (Monty)?
    Yes the coach and GM were part of Lacy's injury last year. Yes Monty is too soft to be a main RB.

C'mon. Why aggravate an injury in camp? Let it heal. Who is he proving toughness to playing against the 2's?

The Packers are one of the more cautious teams with injuries. If they thought Lacy was healthy enough to play, I almost believe them. And that says something because I trust NO teams to be honest. But the Packers seem to genuinely deal with injuries on an honest basis with their players.

The adhere to the spirit and not just the letter of their public pronouncements AND the PR of Goodell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I suspect he could have played through the injury, but they just wanted to test out the 3 rookies as well as not take any chances with Montgomery in the preseason. It seems like some people miss having a big clod like Lacy carrying the ball. He wasn't exactly immune to injuries either. Montgomery was exactly the kind of runner I wanted when he took over last year. We'll see what happens on injuries, but I doubt he's any more likely to get hurt than some fat slow guy.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Personally, I think it's more important that Montgomery prove his manhood by playing through this injury than resting him in order to be ready for the regular season. It would make me as a fan feel better.

On the other hand, I blame the coaches for ruining Lacy's career by forcing him to play though he was seriously injured. I already knew Lacy was tough, so I wish he would have been rested.

If the Packers would do some kind of manhood test early in training camp, and publish the scores and the rubric, I would feel better about the toughness of this seemingly soft n' small team.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Say what you want guys. Monty will not be able to handle it as the main RB, even as little as stubby runs the ball.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...y-vince-biegel

Biegel, the rookie fourth-round outside linebacker who underwent foot surgery in May, still isn’t ready to practice this week and with only one week remaining in the preseason -- and just one practice next week before the exhibition finale -- it’s starting to look like the former University of Wisconsin standout may start the season on the physically unable to perform list.

McCarthy said team physician Dr. Pat McKenzie told him Biegel still isn’t ready to return. Biegel’s surgery was the second on his right foot in less than a year. He underwent the first procedure last fall during his senior season in college and missed only two games.

“I just think the fact that the history of the injury, the reoccurrence, there’s probably a threshold or two more that the medical staff, they want to really make sure he’s clear of,” McCarthy said. “Because a setback is always something that you want to avoid. And we haven’t had any setbacks. It’s just a matter of where he is in the progress of rehab. Yes, I’m not really thinking about Week 1. It’s just, you’ve got to get the guys that are not healthy, healthy, and create opportunities for the guys who are healthy, and we’ll sort everything out after the [preseason finale].”

Biegel could be activated off PUP any time during the preseason, but if he starts Week 1 with that designation (which does not count on the 53-man roster) he could not play the first six weeks of the regular season.

There are certain foot injuries that seem to take two surgeries to fix. Hopefully he is done with this one.

Biegel and Montravius Adams will not see the field this year. Two wasted picks. IR them and start looking for warm bodies over the next two weeks.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Here's the Packers full injury report: Five players returned to practice: Damarious Randall, Ty Montgomery (who appeared limited), Malachi Dupre, Colby Pearson, Aaron Peck. Dropped out of practice; Jayrone Elliott. Still out were: Davon House (hamstring), Jermaine Whitehead (hip), Demetri Goodson (knee), William Stanback (hamstring), Vince Biegel (foot), Derrick Mathews (concussion), Jordan Tripp (concussion), Don Barclay (ankle), Montravius Adams (foot), Dean Lowry (knee).

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Nick Perry was slow to get up at the end of a play and spent the break talking with the Packers' training staff. He's watching the special teams period now from one knee.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Jayrone Elliott walked off the field with a trainer and has not returned to practice.