Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Training Camp Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Say what you want guys. Monty will not be able to handle it as the main RB, even as little as stubby runs the ball.
    Monty had about 40% more touches last year than Lacy. If your argument is that Lacy got so hurt he couldn't take the field but they made him therefore he is tougher than monty who was not seriously hurt but just a pussy......
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Biegel and Montravius Adams will not see the field this year. Two wasted picks. IR them and start looking for warm bodies over the next two weeks.
    Fuck. I haven't seen the xrays or any medical records so I'll have to assume you are correct.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Biegel and Montravius Adams will not see the field this year. Two wasted picks. IR them and start looking for warm bodies over the next two weeks.
    I like the pessimism but remember, it's a long season. They could both miss the first quarter of it and still contribute and see enough action to help their development.

If you really want to see what a team decimated by injuries looks like, take a look at the Colts. Their franchise QB still hasn't thrown the ball, their starting center and best OL just went down, and their backup QBs are awful. They'll be Lucky to make it to 4-12 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I like the pessimism but remember, it's a long season. They could both miss the first quarter of it and still contribute and see enough action to help their development.

If you really want to see what a team decimated by injuries looks like, take a look at the Colts. Their franchise QB still hasn't thrown the ball, their starting center and best OL just went down, and their backup QBs are awful. They'll be Lucky to make it to 4-12 this year.
    Don't they have Scott Tolzien as their back-up? They are set at QB.....

A mediocre backup behind a bad offensive line. That would be ugly. We are blessed.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Colts fans do not share your optimism! Pagano is with you though.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-chuck-pagano/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Colts fans do not share your optimism! Pagano is with you though.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-chuck-pagano/
    Bah! The Tolzien Era has begun! He'll make Luck expendable and single-handedly turn the franchise around.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Monty says he will play in Denver despite sickle cell trait.

http://www.espn.com/blog/milwaukee/p...kle-cell-trait

- Ty Montgomery knows the dangers and the history. But he also knows his body and knows the facts about sickle-cell trait. And that’s why the Green Bay Packers running back plans to play in Saturday night’s preseason game at Denver, even though the altitude there has been an issue for other carries of the sickle-cell trait in the past.

“I think obviously there’s questions that are going to arise when you find out a guy has sickle-cell trait and he’s going to play in Denver,” Montgomery said Tuesday evening after returning to practice after missing a week with a lower leg injury. “Because of what’s happened to some guys in the past.”

In 2007, Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark felt a sharp pain in his side and became gravely ill during a game in Denver. He later had to have his spleen and gall bladder removed. Clark, now an NFL analyst at ESPN, was later held out of games at Denver during the 2011 playoffs and 2012 regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Monty had about 40% more touches last year than Lacy. If your argument is that Lacy got so hurt he couldn't take the field but they made him therefore he is tougher than monty who was not seriously hurt but just a pussy......
    I don't think Monty is frail. I just don't think he's RB material.

Packer Report

Bulaga limping off during run-game drill vs. defense. Obviously not a good thing.

Michael Cohen

Looks like Jayrone Elliott dropped out of practice for the second consecutive day. He was hurt yesterday but returned today. Now out again.

Gilbert took his place.

Ryan Wood

#Packers RT Kyle Murphy continues to look good. He just went 3-0 in 1-on-1s. Jason Spriggs was 2-0.

Also, D Matthews returned from concussion protocol.

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 24m24 minutes ago
    Jayrone Elliott, who's been battling back spasms and dropped out of practice yesterday and today, is back out here with his helmet/pads on.

Bulaga did not come back out.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Michael Cohen

Looks like Jayrone Elliott dropped out of practice for the second consecutive day. He was hurt yesterday but returned today. Now out again.

Gilbert took his place.
    Depth at OLB is the biggest negative issue facing his team. Not sure what percentage of pass plays Packers blitzed on last year, but we might see more this year.

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017...days-practice/

Michael Cohen ✔ @Michael_Cohen13
    Bryan Bulaga goes down hurt during the 9-on-7 drill. He's limping off the field now and grimacing badly.

Bulaga was replaced on the first-team offensive line by second-year tackles Kyle Murphy and Jason Spriggs. Murphy received the first opportunity ahead of Spriggs, a second-round pick who has struggled mightily while manning the left tackle position this preseason.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 1h1 hour ago
    Bulaga left with an ankle injury. Not knee - where he's had some history.

Ryan Wood

#Packers RT Kyle Murphy continues to look good. He just went 3-0 in 1-on-1s. Jason Spriggs was 2-0.

Also, D Matthews returned from concussion protocol.
    Going to assume Spriggs took two turns against Fackrell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Going to assume Spriggs took two turns against Fackrell.
    This was my thought when I saw it as well........kind of funny
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Fuck. I haven't seen the xrays or any medical records so I'll have to assume you are correct.
    I haven't seen anything that says either are done for the year. Biegel was on tv talking about the hope he could play this week, and a higher hope for next week. Since he wasn't full go today I'm guessing he isn't going this weekend. Adams I'm not so sure on, radio this morning said typically 8 weeks.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    This was my thought when I saw it as well........kind of funny
    It's entertaining to watch you find the one or two potential weaknesses on the back end of the roster and just continue to beat them after they've died.