Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
Allison is suspended week one, so we have room to carry at least one extra WR at the beginning of the season.
Yeah that might be an opportunity to sneak him onto the PS after week 1.

Here's a nugget from Sunday featuring a couple guys I've heard virtually nothing about... from Eric Baranczyk who usually has a pretty good take on stuff I think.

Undrafted rookies Donatello Brown and Geoff Gray look like they have a chance to make the roster. Brown, a cornerback from Valdosta State, has decent size (6-0, 190) and speed (4.50 40), and he competes every down. Gray (6-5, 315), a guard from the University of Manitoba, is a mauler as a run blocker. He has a ways to go in pass protection, though, because he’s too aggressive and compromises his balance by reaching for his guy.
Not sure a guy who struggles in pass protection has much of a shot at the 53 though... Plus it's crowded along the OL and those guys have limited special teams value.
That last CB spot could be up for grabs with Waters going down and Gunter sucking it up. I seem to be reading mixed reviews about Hawkins. Haven't heard much from Lenzy Pipkins who was a pre-camp darling projected to make some people's rosters....
I think watching for one of those CB's to stand out on special teams - without getting toasted outside of course - in preseason could make the difference for someone.