Thread: Official 2017 Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    No but I did now. Thanks for that. Good fan reports are the best things to read IMO. I still remember fondly JH's classic training camp report featuring the hot red head in the stands and all her "jiggly wonder" or something like that. I went to camp a few years back and watched and talked Packers with Wayne Larrivee for 2 hours. Good times at training camp. It's great getting up close to the action too.

And I'm starting to agree that there's too much there to lose regardless of how ready Clark is now. Roster spots are going to be tight though. Not enough spots for some guys I'd like to see make the squad.
    Allison is suspended week one, so we have room to carry at least one extra WR at the beginning of the season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Allison is suspended week one, so we have room to carry at least one extra WR at the beginning of the season.
    Yeah that might be an opportunity to sneak him onto the PS after week 1.

Here's a nugget from Sunday featuring a couple guys I've heard virtually nothing about... from Eric Baranczyk who usually has a pretty good take on stuff I think.

Undrafted rookies Donatello Brown and Geoff Gray look like they have a chance to make the roster. Brown, a cornerback from Valdosta State, has decent size (6-0, 190) and speed (4.50 40), and he competes every down. Gray (6-5, 315), a guard from the University of Manitoba, is a mauler as a run blocker. He has a ways to go in pass protection, though, because he’s too aggressive and compromises his balance by reaching for his guy.
    Not sure a guy who struggles in pass protection has much of a shot at the 53 though... Plus it's crowded along the OL and those guys have limited special teams value.
    That last CB spot could be up for grabs with Waters going down and Gunter sucking it up. I seem to be reading mixed reviews about Hawkins. Haven't heard much from Lenzy Pipkins who was a pre-camp darling projected to make some people's rosters....
    I think watching for one of those CB's to stand out on special teams - without getting toasted outside of course - in preseason could make the difference for someone.