Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
I went to Family Night. I thought I'd be more impressed by Clark. He had a couple of one on one deep throws, and his ball skills and competitiveness were lacking. My gut tells me that it will be Nelson, Cobb, Adams, Allison, Davis, and Janis with a couple of the rookies sneaking onto the practice squad. To me, Allison and Davis both looked much improved.

I thought Aaron Jones and Devante Mays looked rather pedestrian. Jamaal Williams looked solid, but Ty Montgomery is by far the best RB we have. If he stays healthy and improves in pass pro, he's going to surprise a lot of people around the NFL.

Taysom Hill looks like a clone of Joe Callahan.

My gut tells me House, King, Randall, Rollins, and Hawkins will be the top five corners with one other player likely slipping into the mix for a 6th spot. I was a bit disappointed in Kevin King though. He looked disinterested when he was playing off coverage. To be fair, I watched him on fewer than 10 plays.

One guy who caught my eye was ILB Cody Heiman. I had to look at the roster to see who he was. He might be a good practice squad candidate.
You're probably right on most of the UDFA players. There's a reason most weren't drafted and it's simply because they weren't good enough. So guys we think will be snatched up immediately by other clubs probably stand a good chance of being on the Packer's practice squad. I'm sure there are at least a couple of diamonds in the rough that will make the regular roster due to an outstanding training camp or injuries.

I also wonder if not making any cutdowns until the end of the preseason will end up helping the Packers since there will be a lot of chaos with all the players released at once?