Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Here's the Packers' injury report:

Dean Lowry: Knee
    Jordan Tripp: does have a concussion
    LaDarius Gunter: does NOT have a concussion
    Derrick Mathews: still being evaluated for a concussion
    Jermaine Whitehead: hip
    First time I have seen them report NO concussion. Good to know the diagnosis runs both ways sometimes.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://scout.com/nfl/packers/Content...kins-106327076

Freebie. From 16 to 6 missed tackles last night and half of the game had Wash starters.

Offense forced 15 missed tackles. I think half were on Hill's TD run.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Same article highlights:

Pringles returned to field after concussion last week. Whitehead re-aggravated his hip.

Vogel should be on duds list with four punts under 4 seconds of hang time. Hit a LOT of line drives.

Special teams obviously (Vogel and Davis fumble) took step back.

King was better, Rollins was solid and Hawkins stood out in dBackfield.

Packer first half D won TOP battle by five minutes and help Wash starters to 6/17 on 3rd down.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Same article highlights:

Pringles returned to field after concussion last week. Whitehead re-aggravated his hip.

Vogel should be on duds list with four punts under 4 seconds of hang time. Hit a LOT of line drives.

Special teams obviously (Vogel and Davis fumble) took step back.

King was better, Rollins was solid and Hawkins stood out in dBackfield.

Packer first half D won TOP battle by five minutes and help Wash starters to 6/17 on 3rd down.
    I thought Vogel punted pretty decently last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I thought Vogel punted pretty decently last night.
    The Packers coverage units were better than the punter.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

The coverage units did help with those line drives. but so did the muff.

So it should be in the next couple of days where they announce that Monty is out for the season?

So it should be in the next couple of days where they announce that Monty is out for the season?
    Nah. MM hasn't said "significant injury" yet.

Anybody know what a "soft tissue" injury is?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Means muscle, ligament or tendon. Or organ.

Problem is they usually don't tread this lightly unless its bad. Waiting this long might mean second opinion.

It's the stuff that microbes like to eat when the body dies: muscles, ligaments, connective tissue, that kind of stuff. I don't believe cartilage qualifies as soft tissue, but I also doubt MM is versed on the clinical distinction. He probably has a calf or something. Old McDonald had a.....

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    It's the stuff that microbes like to eat when the body dies: muscles, ligaments, connective tissue, that kind of stuff. I don't believe cartilage qualifies as soft tissue, but I also doubt MM is versed on the clinical distinction. He probably has a calf or something. Old McDonald had a.....
    For a second I was thinking you were going to diagnose ebola.

For a second I was thinking you were going to diagnose ebola.
    Good point. How long till an epidemiologist decides to make Packer training camp their next research project?

Baranczyk makes some good points about Spriggs, Janis, McCaffrey, Davis and Vogel.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...off/581329001/

Baranczyk makes some good points about Spriggs, Janis, McCaffrey, Davis and Vogel.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...off/581329001/
    Given Rodgers' views of practice vs. preseason games, I wonder if there's a conflict between him and Janis. Will he look for the guy who doesn't excel in practice?

Given Rodgers' views of practice vs. preseason games, I wonder if there's a conflict between him and Janis. Will he look for the guy who doesn't excel in practice?
    That might explain some and I am willing to buy the explanation for that slice. But somehow Hundley figured out how to use him. Might just be small sample size. Hundley sees him more. But I think some of Saturday was legit with him, this wasn't just coasting by the 3rd and 4th string two years ago.

I think if Lowry were seriously hurt, we would know by now.

The Packer blogs are all of a mind Monty is not seriously hurt. They are going with the minimalist interpretation of "soft tissue injury", like muscle cramp or strain rather than the maximalist interpretation that he has no cartilage left in his body.

The Packer blogs are all of a mind Monty is not seriously hurt. They are going with the minimalist interpretation of "soft tissue injury", like muscle cramp or strain rather than the maximalist interpretation that he has no cartilage left in his body.
    I interpret "soft tissue injury" as a deep bruise - and that's the way it looked when he got hit.

I hope Lowery is OK, but if not, D Line is one of our deepest positions - Daniels, Clark, Price, Francois, and Ringo, and half the time, it seems like only two are on the field.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I interpret "soft tissue injury" as a deep bruise - and that's the way it looked when he got hit.

I hope Lowery is OK, but if not, D Line is one of our deepest positions - Daniels, Clark, Price, Francois, and Ringo, and half the time, it seems like only two are on the field.
    The thing is if a RB can't play through that, he has little to no chance of not missing a lot of time during the regular season.

The thing is if a RB can't play through that, he has little to no chance of not missing a lot of time during the regular season.
    You have to make up your mind. Does the coach force players to play (Lacy) or does the player decide (Monty)?