Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    You have to make up your mind. Does the coach force players to play (Lacy) or does the player decide (Monty)?
    Yes the coach and GM were part of Lacy's injury last year. Yes Monty is too soft to be a main RB.

Boo, BOO I say. Outside punt team defender no more for King. Never makes contact. Hideous.

Evans in middle doesn't do anything either. VIA: https://twitter.com/BenFennell_NFL/s...75408287219714

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The thing is if a RB can't play through that, he has little to no chance of not missing a lot of time during the regular season.
    I suspect he could have played through the injury, but they just wanted to test out the 3 rookies as well as not take any chances with Montgomery in the preseason. It seems like some people miss having a big clod like Lacy carrying the ball. He wasn't exactly immune to injuries either. Montgomery was exactly the kind of runner I wanted when he took over last year. We'll see what happens on injuries, but I doubt he's any more likely to get hurt than some fat slow guy.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

C'mon. Why aggravate an injury in camp? Let it heal. Who is he proving toughness to playing against the 2's?

The Packers are one of the more cautious teams with injuries. If they thought Lacy was healthy enough to play, I almost believe them. And that says something because I trust NO teams to be honest. But the Packers seem to genuinely deal with injuries on an honest basis with their players.

The adhere to the spirit and not just the letter of their public pronouncements AND the PR of Goodell.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Personally, I think it's more important that Montgomery prove his manhood by playing through this injury than resting him in order to be ready for the regular season. It would make me as a fan feel better.

On the other hand, I blame the coaches for ruining Lacy's career by forcing him to play though he was seriously injured. I already knew Lacy was tough, so I wish he would have been rested.

If the Packers would do some kind of manhood test early in training camp, and publish the scores and the rubric, I would feel better about the toughness of this seemingly soft n' small team.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Say what you want guys. Monty will not be able to handle it as the main RB, even as little as stubby runs the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Say what you want guys. Monty will not be able to handle it as the main RB, even as little as stubby runs the ball.
    Monty had about 40% more touches last year than Lacy. If your argument is that Lacy got so hurt he couldn't take the field but they made him therefore he is tougher than monty who was not seriously hurt but just a pussy......
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Monty had about 40% more touches last year than Lacy. If your argument is that Lacy got so hurt he couldn't take the field but they made him therefore he is tougher than monty who was not seriously hurt but just a pussy......
    I don't think Monty is frail. I just don't think he's RB material.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-p...y-vince-biegel

Biegel, the rookie fourth-round outside linebacker who underwent foot surgery in May, still isn’t ready to practice this week and with only one week remaining in the preseason -- and just one practice next week before the exhibition finale -- it’s starting to look like the former University of Wisconsin standout may start the season on the physically unable to perform list.

McCarthy said team physician Dr. Pat McKenzie told him Biegel still isn’t ready to return. Biegel’s surgery was the second on his right foot in less than a year. He underwent the first procedure last fall during his senior season in college and missed only two games.

“I just think the fact that the history of the injury, the reoccurrence, there’s probably a threshold or two more that the medical staff, they want to really make sure he’s clear of,” McCarthy said. “Because a setback is always something that you want to avoid. And we haven’t had any setbacks. It’s just a matter of where he is in the progress of rehab. Yes, I’m not really thinking about Week 1. It’s just, you’ve got to get the guys that are not healthy, healthy, and create opportunities for the guys who are healthy, and we’ll sort everything out after the [preseason finale].”

Biegel could be activated off PUP any time during the preseason, but if he starts Week 1 with that designation (which does not count on the 53-man roster) he could not play the first six weeks of the regular season.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

There are certain foot injuries that seem to take two surgeries to fix. Hopefully he is done with this one.

Biegel and Montravius Adams will not see the field this year. Two wasted picks. IR them and start looking for warm bodies over the next two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Biegel and Montravius Adams will not see the field this year. Two wasted picks. IR them and start looking for warm bodies over the next two weeks.
    Fuck. I haven't seen the xrays or any medical records so I'll have to assume you are correct.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Fuck. I haven't seen the xrays or any medical records so I'll have to assume you are correct.
    I haven't seen anything that says either are done for the year. Biegel was on tv talking about the hope he could play this week, and a higher hope for next week. Since he wasn't full go today I'm guessing he isn't going this weekend. Adams I'm not so sure on, radio this morning said typically 8 weeks.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

I like the pessimism but remember, it's a long season. They could both miss the first quarter of it and still contribute and see enough action to help their development.

If you really want to see what a team decimated by injuries looks like, take a look at the Colts. Their franchise QB still hasn't thrown the ball, their starting center and best OL just went down, and their backup QBs are awful. They'll be Lucky to make it to 4-12 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I like the pessimism but remember, it's a long season. They could both miss the first quarter of it and still contribute and see enough action to help their development.

If you really want to see what a team decimated by injuries looks like, take a look at the Colts. Their franchise QB still hasn't thrown the ball, their starting center and best OL just went down, and their backup QBs are awful. They'll be Lucky to make it to 4-12 this year.
    Don't they have Scott Tolzien as their back-up? They are set at QB.....

A mediocre backup behind a bad offensive line. That would be ugly. We are blessed.

Colts fans do not share your optimism! Pagano is with you though.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-chuck-pagano/

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Colts fans do not share your optimism! Pagano is with you though.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-chuck-pagano/
    Bah! The Tolzien Era has begun! He'll make Luck expendable and single-handedly turn the franchise around.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Here's the Packers full injury report: Five players returned to practice: Damarious Randall, Ty Montgomery (who appeared limited), Malachi Dupre, Colby Pearson, Aaron Peck. Dropped out of practice; Jayrone Elliott. Still out were: Davon House (hamstring), Jermaine Whitehead (hip), Demetri Goodson (knee), William Stanback (hamstring), Vince Biegel (foot), Derrick Mathews (concussion), Jordan Tripp (concussion), Don Barclay (ankle), Montravius Adams (foot), Dean Lowry (knee).

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Nick Perry was slow to get up at the end of a play and spent the break talking with the Packers' training staff. He's watching the special teams period now from one knee.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Jayrone Elliott walked off the field with a trainer and has not returned to practice.

Monty says he will play in Denver despite sickle cell trait.

http://www.espn.com/blog/milwaukee/p...kle-cell-trait

- Ty Montgomery knows the dangers and the history. But he also knows his body and knows the facts about sickle-cell trait. And that’s why the Green Bay Packers running back plans to play in Saturday night’s preseason game at Denver, even though the altitude there has been an issue for other carries of the sickle-cell trait in the past.

“I think obviously there’s questions that are going to arise when you find out a guy has sickle-cell trait and he’s going to play in Denver,” Montgomery said Tuesday evening after returning to practice after missing a week with a lower leg injury. “Because of what’s happened to some guys in the past.”

In 2007, Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark felt a sharp pain in his side and became gravely ill during a game in Denver. He later had to have his spleen and gall bladder removed. Clark, now an NFL analyst at ESPN, was later held out of games at Denver during the 2011 playoffs and 2012 regular season.