Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Training Camp Thread

So remember all those Joe Haden trade rumors?

He's a FA, and the Browns are on the hook for whatever of the $4mil he doesn't get from his new team this year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    He was a World Football League castoff or something
    You are old.

#PaulWarfield
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ah yes, off by just a decade. United States Football League

Reggie bounced between USFL, CFL and Arena League before getting NFL tryout.

I think he also did a pro wrestling stint in between.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

He's a FA, and the Browns are on the hook for whatever of the $4mil he doesn't get from his new team this year.

His performance went off the cliff last year. Someone will pick him up, but it will be ugly.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Rodgers interview with ESPN the Mag.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...sked-searching

Its not bad.

Any word on whether Brooks has signed with someone else already?

Or if any of the players have gotten injured on their day off?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

According to Jason La Canfora, Browns were looking to trade him (and Osweiler) and were willing to take a conditional 4th plus eat the bulk of his salary. No takers. So they are going to be on the hook for Haden AND Osweiler.

Jason La Canfora‏ @JasonLaCanfora 8m8 minutes ago
    Joe Haden is entertaining 1year and multi-year offers. Expected to pick a team w/in 24hrs. PIT, MIA, NO, PHI, KC, SF very much in mix...

I wonder what they'll be talking about!

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 4m4 minutes ago
    New from JSOnline and PackersNews: New CBS broadcaster Tony Romo will call back-to-back Packers games http://ift.tt/2vszVm1 #Packers

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    I wonder what they'll be talking about!

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 4m4 minutes ago
    New from JSOnline and PackersNews: New CBS broadcaster Tony Romo will call back-to-back Packers games http://ift.tt/2vszVm1 #Packers
    About how he grew up in WI and admired Favre and was a Packer fan his whole life. But he'll be better than Buck/Aikman.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    About how he grew up in WI and admired Favre and was a Packer fan his whole life. But he'll be better than Buck/Aikman.
    Guess who we get Week 1!
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Guess who we get Week 1!
    No shit?

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    No shit?
    I kid you not. http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=1

Ya know, I was thinking of KGB but my brain fetched "Keith McKenzie." I don't think Keith McKenzie was a great pass rusher, more of a linebacker who kept gaining weight and got stuck on the D-line.
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...M/McKeKe20.htm

Your brain is working A-OK I think.

KGB was better for a lot longer. But Keith McKenzie did pretty well for a 7th round flyer from Ball State (not sure if Ball State was even in the MAC back then). Took a while but 2 8-sack seasons for Green Bay and then another for Cleveland.

Would like to do as well in the 7th every year.

Quote Originally Posted by wthigoot View Post
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c...M/McKeKe20.htm

Your brain is working A-OK I think.
    You are generous. I conflated K-K-K-Keith McKenzie with K-K-K-KGB in my mind. They were similar players, as you point out.

But I also melded Keith McKenzie with Keith Traylor. Traylor was a svelte, athletic 250 lb linebacker who had a brief stint with the Pack. He went on The Coach Mac & Cheese diet and ballooned into a 340 pound nose tackle. The big man lasted an amazing 17 NFL seasons. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Traylor

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    You are generous. I conflated K-K-K-Keith McKenzie with K-K-K-KGB in my mind. They were similar players, as you point out.

But I also melded Keith McKenzie with Keith Traylor. Traylor was a svelte, athletic 250 lb linebacker who had a brief stint with the Pack. He went on The Coach Mac & Cheese diet and ballooned into a 340 pound nose tackle. The big man lasted an amazing 17 NFL seasons. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Traylor
    I conflate Keith with Jiffy Lube.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Asshole, you just made me remember Robert Traylor, the guy from Michigan who the Bucks acquired in exchange for a young Dirk Nowitzki. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Asshole, you just made me remember Robert Traylor, the guy from Michigan who the Bucks acquired in exchange for a young Dirk Nowitzki. Thanks a lot.
    Draft day trade no less. Dead a few years later of a heart condition. Tractor was not good.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Do you believe in the jinx?

TJ Ward on the chopping block in Denver. Wasn't he a board draft favorite?

TJ Ward on the chopping block in Denver. Wasn't he a board draft favorite?
    Not sure about the draft, but I know there were people here wanting TT to sign him when he became a free agent following he 2013 season.