Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Training Camp Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I disagree. Gunter is a natural at covering moves/patterns like what you find on the outside - even though he sadly lacks speed. I don't think he has shown the quickness, though, to jump a slant route or other quick patterns you'll see in the slot. Randall seems to get lost on moves and patterns, but he definitely has the quickness and athleticism to stop the quick hit stuff.
    Well, I double dirty dog disagree. You want the slow guy covering the wide corner spot? I sure as hell don't. Gunter needs deep help & you'll skew your coverage trying to help him wide. I agree he may have trouble covering the quick slants, but he sure as hell can't cover flys. I think he's a nickel or dime guy. Well, Whitt and Perry will have to hash this one out.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Well, I double dirty dog disagree. You want the slow guy covering the wide corner spot? I sure as hell don't. Gunter needs deep help & you'll skew your coverage trying to help him wide. I agree he may have trouble covering the quick slants, but he sure as hell can't cover flys. I think he's a nickel or dime guy. Well, Whitt and Perry will have to hash this one out.
    hahahahaha They're gonna do what they're gonna do regardless of what we think. I think maybe Gunter's slowness is overrated, though. He covered a lot of #1 receivers last year and only got beat a few times. Randall, on the other hand, played himself out of a job - although he might have been playing hurt. I still think you put your athletic but less instinctive guy (Rollins, maybe with Randall backing him up) on the inside and your guy with a knack for covering on the outside. Also, it seems like some teams are putting better receivers in the slot at times to take advantage of the matchup.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 7m7 minutes ago
    CB LaDarius Gunter beat deep again. Adams stays balanced and fights for Rodgers' pass. Gunter failed to make a play on the ball.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    CB LaDarius Gunter beat deep again. Adams stays balanced and fights for Rodgers' pass. Gunter failed to make a play on the ball.
    We saw Gunter get beat a lot last year too.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    \

Surprise ! SURPRISE !!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 10m10 minutes ago
    #Packers CB Herb Waters walked into the Hutson center with a trainer a few minutes before the end of practice.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I am on record as saying I didn't think Gunter would get faster in the offseason. I don't think anyone disagreed.

In fairness, getting tested by Rodgers to Adams is about as tough as it gets for a db. If he gets smoked by Hundley to Yancey then say hello to Randall.

I like to see this

Quote Originally Posted by @AaronNagler
    Devante Mays has another gear. Just ran away from a guy who looked to have the angle.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

pluses and minuses from day one:
    + davis, adams, mays, williams (heard he had a great blitz pick-up)

- gunter, all rbs (heard there were several funbles), rodgers for over-throwing davis
    Last edited by gbgary; 07-27-2017 at 03:36 PM.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Rookie report: The Packers are easing top pick Kevin King into things. After he missed most of the offseason program because his school (Washington) was still in session, the second-round cornerback worked mostly with the No. 2 defense on Day 1. "Mentally, I know Kevin's ready go," Packers coach Mike McCarthy said. It may not be long before King moves his way in with the starters but for now, Davon House and LaDarius Gunter took the first-team reps.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Best play of Packers' camp Day 1: The Aaron Rodgers to Davante Adams connection that took off last season was on display early. Rodgers delivered a perfect deep ball to Adams, who had beaten cornerback LaDarius Gunter on a go route. Adams barely had to outstretch for the ball that he caught in stride for a 60-yard touchdown. Gunter's biggest weakness is speed, and it showed when he let Adams beat get behind him.

Gunter's not soft; he's just slow. So half the Packers' problems are solved!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    #Packers CB Herb Waters will not practice today. McCarthy said Waters re-injured his shoulders yesterday. Original injury happened in OTAs.

Ryan Wood
    @ByRyanWood
    #Packers coach Mike McCarthy acknowledged sloppy run game on camp's first day, ball on ground too often. Wants it cleaned up immediately.

Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    McCarthy said Trevor Davis and Geronimo Allison have matured physically since last season. They are bigger and stronger. #Packers

Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    McCarthy said Randall Cobb is always part of the punt return game, but he expects Trevor Davis to take a big step in that area. #Packers

Ryan Wood
    @ByRyanWood
    McCarthy sounds high on #Packers WR Trevor Davis. Said he's definitely bigger than last year. "He's done a great job in the weight room."

Pete Dougherty‏Verified account @PeteDougherty 53s53 seconds ago
    First team drill of camp, Burnett at ILB, we're going to a lot of that this year.

Catching punts in PR drill: Cobb, Davis, Crockett, Rollins

Sixth-round pick Amichia playing center with No. 3 offense

I heard King was in for Gunter starting opposite House today.

Ryan Wood
    @ByRyanWood
    Martellus Bennett left field after grabbing his leg following noncontact drill, but he ran back on and is doing drills. You can breathe now.

Aaron Nagler
    @AaronNagler
    Kevin King rolling with the ones opposite House.

Pete Dougherty
    @PeteDougherty
    In 2 minute drill King at CB ahead of Gunter and Lowry inside rusher with Daniels

Ryan Wood
    @ByRyanWood
    With 1 second on clock, Aaron Rodgers threads tight coverage from #Packers S Morgan Burnett to cap 2-minute drill w/ 13-yard TD to Bennett.

Aaron Nagler
    @AaronNagler
    Burnett has done a fantastic job these first 2 days staying w/Bennett when they match up..then Rodgers hits him with an in-defensible laser.

Aaron Nagler
    @AaronNagler
    Great back shoulder throw from Huntley to Trevor Davis in the end zone to beat Gunter for a TD. Tough one to stop.

Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    Second round of 2-minute drill: Hundley hits Geronimo Allison for a huge gain up the seam. Hundley back-shoulder to Trevor Davis for the TD.

Aaron Nagler
    @AaronNagler
    Rodgers didn't see it, but Janis shook House bad off the line of scrimmage. Play went to the opposite side but that's a great rep from Janis

Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    First interception of camp belongs to Damarious Randall. He made a sliding interception of Brett Hundley over the middle.

Aaron Nagler
    @AaronNagler
    Rollins getting all the reps in the slot with the ones in Pass Under Pressure.

Pete Dougherty
    @PeteDougherty
    Morgan Burnett lots of work at ILB with 1s, same for Josh Jones with 2s

Ryan Wood
    @ByRyanWood
    Brett Hundley threads to Jeff Janis, no window. Gunter and Randall collide playing ball. Gunter gets INT, Randall was slow getting up.

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    WR Trevor Davis getting first crack at kickoff return.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Aaron Nagler
    @AaronNagler
    Rodgers didn't see it, but Janis shook House bad off the line of scrimmage. Play went to the opposite side but that's a great rep from Janis

Very encouraging for Janis. I am sure coaches will see it on film. Breaking from press man was one thing he did not do well. Could be good sign.

Very glad to see King advance and Hundley makes some plays to Allison and Davis.

Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    Rodgers throws his first interception of camp. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix sliced in front of Bennett and made the catch along the sideline.

Aaron Nagler
    @AaronNagler
    Nice diving catch on the left sideline from Colby Pearson. Kid has some talent. Interested to see him with the lads on.

PackerRanter
    @PackerRanter
    After reading tweets from one and half training camp practices, I can confidently say this:

SUPER BOOOOOOOOWL!

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Clinton-Dix only gets one foot down before going OB on potential 2nd INT.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Michael Cohen
    @Michael_Cohen13
    Rodgers throws his first interception of camp. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix sliced in front of Bennett and made the catch along the sideline.

Aaron Nagler
    @AaronNagler
    Nice diving catch on the left sideline from Colby Pearson. Kid has some talent. Interested to see him with the lads on.

PackerRanter
    @PackerRanter
    After reading tweets from one and half training camp practices, I can confidently say this:

SUPER BOOOOOOOOWL!

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein
    Clinton-Dix only gets one foot down before going OB on potential 2nd INT.

So are the reporters going to follow him around in his personal life to get a look at this?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

gunter beat again...but gets the first int of camp so far.

Third Practice, in pads:

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport
    Looks like five not practicing. Waters, Goodson, Biegel, Peck and M Adams.