Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017 Training Camp Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Well, I double dirty dog disagree. You want the slow guy covering the wide corner spot? I sure as hell don't. Gunter needs deep help & you'll skew your coverage trying to help him wide. I agree he may have trouble covering the quick slants, but he sure as hell can't cover flys. I think he's a nickel or dime guy. Well, Whitt and Perry will have to hash this one out.
    hahahahaha They're gonna do what they're gonna do regardless of what we think. I think maybe Gunter's slowness is overrated, though. He covered a lot of #1 receivers last year and only got beat a few times. Randall, on the other hand, played himself out of a job - although he might have been playing hurt. I still think you put your athletic but less instinctive guy (Rollins, maybe with Randall backing him up) on the inside and your guy with a knack for covering on the outside. Also, it seems like some teams are putting better receivers in the slot at times to take advantage of the matchup.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Gunter got beat once or twice last year? What the hell are you smoking? He got beat like a rug from a cat lady's house before the estate sale.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    CB Quinten Rollllins has owned Randall Cobb today. Hasnt given him an inch all day. Just picked off Rodgers in EZ on another throw to Cobb.

I LIKE ROLLINS BUT THERE ISN'T A MORE DEPRESSING SENTENCE YOU COULD WRITE ABOUT A WR AFTER LAST YEAR'S DB PERFORMANCE
    On the other hand, it could be a sign that Rollins has returned to his 2015 form when he allowed a passer rating of 54.9, 4th best in the NFL.

I agree though that Cobb's ability to get open, other than in scramble mode, is an issue.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 07-30-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    He's super slow, oh Texas one. You can't take an eraser and get rid of his 4.69 and 4.73 forty times. He runs hard, but too long in the same place. His "game speed" seems faster than his track times indicate, but he needs to be put in spots where he can use his quickness and cover skills (which are pretty good).

In the game as it's played now, you need a whole herd of D backs. That's Gunter, a good hand that will be used in the mix, but not a starting, 3 down CB.

From Saturday's practice:

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Overheard: "Pick it up, defense. Let's go." That was Mike McCarthy's message halfway through a practice that to that point had been dominated by the offense. McCarthy was particularly incensed that a screen pass to Aaron Ripkowski went for a long gain.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Rookie report: The first padded practice of camp was supposed to give DT Montravius Adams the chance to show whether he's strong enough to handle the NFL game in the trenches, but the third-round pick never put the pads on because of a foot injury. Adams watched practice from the sideline. The severity of his injury was not revealed. There's no practice on Sunday so the next chance to see if Adams will practice comes Monday morning.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Best play of Packers' camp, Day 3: Quinten Rollins has put himself squarely in the competition for one of the top-three cornerback jobs and perhaps has an early lead on Damarious Randall for the nickel spot thanks to plays like the diving interception he made in the end zone on Saturday. He picked off a Rodgers' pass that was intended for Randall Cobb, who broke to the outside while Rodgers threw inside.

A foot injury? My god, is Montravius Adams the next Khyri Thornton?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    A foot injury? My god, is Montravius Adams the next Khyri Thornton?
    No. That would make him the next Vince Biegel.

The Packer hamstring is dead.

Long live the Packer foot.

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 3m3 minutes ago
    Significant news from #Packers coach Mike McCarthy this morning. Rookie DT Montravius Adams will miss multiple weeks with a foot injury.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

It's always something. You knew some long-term ailment was going to turn up when MM proclaimed that they were fairly healthy coming into camp.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    It's always something. You knew some long-term ailment was going to turn up when MM proclaimed that they were fairly healthy coming into camp.
    Well that and TT picks his defensive guys by how high they rank on the fragilemeter.

Went to practice today. (See photo thread).

Josh Jones continues to impress. Had an INT and blew up a running play in the backfield among other plays.

Beau Sandland with a nice catch for a TD along the sideline. My favorite darkhorse so far.

How has Mays been? Gotta like a guy that big running a 4.5
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    How has Mays been? Gotta like a guy that big running a 4.5
    Definitely looks quick for a big back. Somebody at practice said he looks like Lacy before...

Hard to get a good sense about a power back from what you see in practice because there's no real tackling. He should get quite a bit of work in the preseason games though.

Blog Entries

CB Quinten Rollllins has owned Randall Cobb today. Hasnt given him an inch all day. Just picked off Rodgers in EZ on another throw to Cobb.

I LIKE ROLLINS BUT THERE ISN'T A MORE DEPRESSING SENTENCE YOU COULD WRITE ABOUT A WR AFTER LAST YEAR'S DB PERFORMANCE
    Cobb is Rollins' dream matchup (smallish, quicker than fast, not overly physical) and Rollins is Cobb's nightmare matchup.

Blog Entries
    Joe did Michael Clark do anything noteworthy today?

This was from Saturday I think...
    Clark, a 6-6 undrafted free-agent-agent from Marshall, made a leaping catch over Josh Hawkins that caught fans attention.
    This guy could be a player some day. Good PS prospect I hope...

He's raw but attacks the ball in the air. Can't teach 6'6" can jump and that catch radius...

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Joe did Michael Clark do anything noteworthy today?

This was from Saturday I think...

This guy could be a player some day. Good PS prospect I hope...

He's raw but attacks the ball in the air. Can't teach 6'6" can jump and that catch radius...
    I don't recall any plays that stood out. But he sure is noticeable out there. Impressive looking athlete. Played only 1 year of college football, so a real project. Might be worth a PS spot if he's willing to work. Might still have a basketball body at this point and need to bulk up.

Clark (6’6/217) played only one season at Marshall after transferring from St. Francis (PA), where he earned a scholarship to play basketball. Clark compiled a 37-632-5 (17.1 YPR) receiving line in 2016, then surprisingly turned pro. Not invited to the Combine, Clark ran 4.53 at the Thundering Herd Pro Day, but struggled in the vertical (33") and three-cone drill (7.54). While Clark’s height and multi-sport background make him somewhat intriguing, he has minimal football experience and struggled with drops and separation on tape. He’s a long-shot prospect perhaps worth stashing on the practice squad.

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 7m7 minutes ago
    CB LaDarius Gunter beat deep again. Adams stays balanced and fights for Rodgers' pass. Gunter failed to make a play on the ball.
    \

Surprise ! SURPRISE !!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Well that and TT picks his defensive guys by how high they rank on the fragilemeter.
    TT looks for 'Swagger'.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood

Packers coach Mike McCarthy acknowledged sloppy run game on camp's first day, ball on ground too often. Wants it cleaned up immediately.

Comment woodbuck27: Yes Sir ! Yes Sir !!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I don't recall any plays that stood out. But he sure is noticeable out there. Impressive looking athlete. Played only 1 year of college football, so a real project. Might be worth a PS spot if he's willing to work. Might still have a basketball body at this point and need to bulk up.
    Agreed thanks Joe. From Saturday's practice pics....