Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2017-18 PackerRats Fantasy Football Signup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Official 2017-18 PackerRats Fantasy Football Signup

Sign up NOW for PackerRat Fantasy Football. This is the thread to throw your name in for a GM slot.

Even if you have never before considered joining PackerRats before because of our terrible taste in music (Romper Room), well-ventilated political commentary (FYI) or various fethishes (Garbage Can), you should join in. FF is mostly PG-13 unless you draft Bretsky's sleeper TE in Round 6 just ahead of him. If you are lucky, woodbuck will invite you to the Meadow!

Mad will even throw in a bump in your reputation points if you win the Division or Championship. Probably.

Go here for the discussion of the League and its particulars: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...otball-2017-18. The 2017-18 version of this thread will be available shortly after this hits the Packers board.

Use this thread to join up. We had 20 teams last year and it worked pretty well. Would love to get to 30 this year and we stand an outside chance. We are well behind last year's schedule (being early did not get us to 30 GMs regardless) and we still know exactly how we are setting up the Divisions this year.

We are also looking for 2 or 3 volunteers to be a Commish for the Division. You will have help with almost all setup, but we need someone to verify that the draft date works for most owners in your Division and to monitor that teams are keeping their lineup up to date. You will likely not be called upon for Solomonic feats of wisdom, but just in case, you can start reading here.

Just post your commissioner-curious status when you join up.
    Last edited by pbmax; 07-23-2017 at 07:34 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Mods, please sticky this thread on the Packer board.

Also sticky the rules and league discussion thread in the Fantasy Sports forum.

Thanks.

Also, please un-sticky this one: http://packerrats.com/showthread.php...-Football-2016
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

If you want in, post in this thread. Also indicate if willing to be commish for a Division.

I am in, although I'm worse at FF than anyone, even Red I know nothing about being a commish but I do have quite a bit of flexibility time wise to be online.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I am in, although I'm worse at FF than anyone, even Red I know nothing about being a commish but I do have quite a bit of flexibility time wise to be online.
    How can you be worse than Red ? lol; JK

I an waffling on my decision; it's been a fun ride and it's taken a toll on my body.
    I may have to have a presser to announce my retirement
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post

I an waffling on my decision; it's been a fun ride and it's taken a toll on my body.
    Decide by next March or we trade you to a Jets message board.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Decide by next March or we trade you to a Jets message board.
    The Jets ? Are you kidding ?
    Can you just release me so I can head to Minnesota ???
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

The Jets ? Are you kidding ?
    Can you just release me so I can head to Minnesota ???
    It seems to me that is the proper thing to do given your long standing strong performance here.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Coward

I'm in... even though I have exactly zero free time these days - I'm sure I can ride my best roster in either league to an ignominious finish!!!

The old saying, "I'd rather be lucky than good" doesn't apply to me... almost always have very good teams, but am never lucky!!! It's karma for the sins of past lives I guess
    wist

In
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    In, don't need anyone to fly to me and get me to lead my team to a 3rd place finish...
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

In
    C.H.U.D.

In

last years teams and owners, as much as I can remember:

Thompson

Code:
    #23TacklingMachine	pbmax	
    The Gang Green		Joe	
    Spaulding's Team	Spaulding	
    Rut's Renegades		RutNstrut
    VegasPackFan'sTeam	VegasPackFan
    red's raiders		red
    Zool will not wi	Zool
    Harvey Wallbangers	Harvey Wallbangers
    pwn3d			maybe this was DenverYooper?
    lewcwa			lewcwa
    ThanksTed		BZnDallas
    Eric's Team		Eric

Wolf:

Code:
    ELIOT WOLF		Bretsky
    Dinah-Moe Humm		Freak Out, has to be
    Naked Bootleggers	Bossman, best avatars in the business
    Old Hippies		wist
    Lacy's Lost Weight	Cheesehead Craig
    Smarty Pints		Guiness
    More Banjo		Tony Oday, who will likely not be signing Kaepernick as his backup QB
    Barley Whiners		TravBreww
    Danish Pastry		mmmdk
    Yeti's flutters		If this isn't yestisnowman or yetisnowman's significant other, I don't know what to say 
    Curly Starrs		Superfan
    Ball Grabbers		Skin?
    Last edited by pbmax; 07-25-2017 at 07:53 AM.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Wolf:

Code:
    ELIOT WOLF		Bretsky
    Dinah-Moe Humm		Freak Out, has to be
    Naked Bootleggers	Bossman, best avatars in the business
    Old Hippies		wist
    Lacy's Lost Weight	Cheesehead Craig
    Smarty Pints		Guiness
    More Banjo		Tony Oday, who will likely not be signing Kaepernick as his backup QB
    Barley Whiners		TravBreww
    Danish Pastry		mmmdk
    Yeti's flutters		If this isn't yestisnowman or yetisnowman's significant other, I don't know what to say 
    Curly Starrs		Superfan
    Ball Grabbers		Skin?

For sure I will. Kaep is a wonderful human that is just misunderstood by evil NFL Fans and the majority of the public.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

1. pbmax
    2. rutnstrut
    3. Zool
    4. Bretsky
    5. Tony Oday
    6. Freak Out
    7. Joemailman

1. pbmax
    2. rutnstrut
    3. Zool
    4. Bretsky
    5. Tony Oday
    6. Freak Out
    7. Joemailman
    8. wist43

Speaking of Red. I haven't seen him post lately, I hope all is well.

We need some people to return from their summer sabbaticals. Red is one of those.