Thread: USA Today predicts a Packers-Patriots Super Bowl

USA Today predicts a Packers-Patriots Super Bowl

http://us.blastingnews.com/sports/20...miU9ok9snYFX0_

USA Today predicts a Packers-Patriots Super Bowl

Can the Packers stop the Patriots' quest for a predicted undefeated season?

Comment woodbuck27: Why does that prediction seem familiar? Holy Cow ! I don't mean to dampen the Spirits of any of you that actually do believe the Packers can actually get there. I think it is great you might have such optimism. Please...I do not mean to piss on your parade.

This latest prediction and Packers and Super Bowl. It is simply a Deja Vu and The Green Bay Packers and Ohh sure... another prediction this Packer Team will go to the next Super Bowl. Same thing was predicted before last season began. Ohh how I want it to come true... but it won't.

I'm a Green Bay Packer fan since about 1958 and I love my PACKERS ! I cannot see this Packer team advancing to a Super Bowl with; as last season ended, 'the worst Running Game' in the NFL. The approach to solving that to where it needs to be this season is what I deem a 'Real Wish and A Prayer' approach. Draft a bunch of guys and toss them in a hat and shake the hat and pick a couple out as the Starting RB's. Good Grief !

I cannot see the Packers going to a Super Bowl with HC Mike McCarthy calling the shots (plays). Mike McCarthy calls way too conservative a game. He calls games to stay close, and with Aaron Rodgers as the QB he needs to open it up and quit being so tight ass'd anal. McCarthy and that deep voice so good with the Rah Rah understatement we have all become so familiar with. Where I come from we call that 'Bullshit'.

I have no such confidence RE: Packers and whomever in the next Super Bowl.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 07-31-2017 at 09:10 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I've been a Packer fan 3 or 4 years longer than that, and I'm here to tell you, when you have the greatest QB in history - which we do, PASS FIRST is the way to go. Hopefully the Packers will play that style again and even more effectively with the new TEs, a healthier Nelson, and a veritable shitload of other WR talent. The Running Game needs to be change of pace and big play oriented - it should be that with Montgomery and the rookies.

McCarthy pisses me off at times too with the "playing not to lose" thing, but the fact is, not losing is ...... winning.

The thing that needs to be upgraded, of course, is Defense, especially Pass Defense. We have gotten by on Capers' smoke and mirrors for a long time. We still don't have the personnel to play teams straight up/no compensation and trickery. Hopefully, though, with new Corners, continued improvement from Clark, solid OLB pass rush from at least 4 guys, and at least adequate ILB play, we will be enough better to hold opponents to less points than Aaron Rodgers gets us.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I've been a Packer fan 3 or 4 years longer than that, and I'm here to tell you, when you have the greatest QB in history - which we do, PASS FIRST is the way to go. Hopefully the Packers will play that style again and even more effectively with the new TEs, a healthier Nelson, and a veritable shitload of other WR talent. The Running Game needs to be change of pace and big play oriented - it should be that with Montgomery and the rookies.

McCarthy pisses me off at times too with the "playing not to lose" thing, but the fact is, not losing is ...... winning.

The thing that needs to be upgraded, of course, is Defense, especially Pass Defense. We have gotten by on Capers' smoke and mirrors for a long time. We still don't have the personnel to play teams straight up/no compensation and trickery. Hopefully, though, with new Corners, continued improvement from Clark, solid OLB pass rush from at least 4 guys, and at least adequate ILB play, we will be enough better to hold opponents to less points than Aaron Rodgers gets us.
    I am in my 70th year but maybe as I thought; I am not the oldest Packer fan here at Packerrats.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I am in my 70th year but maybe as I thought; I am not the oldest Packer fan here at Packerrats.
    I'm 70 also, but I apparently started out a little younger. Tobin Rote was the QB throwing to Billy Howton, and Breezy Reed and Fred Cone were in the backfield. Bobby Dillon (whose grandson and my son-in-law played on the same college golf team) was the top DB, and of course, Hawg Hanner in the D Line.

I think there are a couple of even older old timers here, although I doubt any have been fans for longer.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I'm 70 also, but I apparently started out a little younger. Tobin Rote was the QB throwing to Billy Howton, and Breezy Reed and Fred Cone were in the backfield. Bobby Dillon (whose grandson and my son-in-law played on the same college golf team) was the top DB, and of course, Hawg Hanner in the D Line.

I think there are a couple of even older old timers here, although I doubt any have been fans for longer.
    My connection to the Packers was the Milwaukee Braves. I certainly was a Brave fan in 1957 and somehow connected that to the Green Bay Packers.

I just yesterday set down a story on my Hero Henry 'Hammerin Hank' Aaron; and his quest to Tie and break Babe Ruth's Home Run Record. All the bigotry and death threats he suffered on that journey.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Packers and patriots are two best franchises in football today. Arguably two best QBs. It's not daring in any way to pick this SB matchup. Not as easy as Cavs-Golden State but the easiest pick in the NFL.
    Hell, it shoulda been true in 2014 when many were predicting it. Maybe this year we don't get skunked.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    My connection to the Packers was the Milwaukee Braves. I certainly was a Brave fan in 1957 and somehow connected that to the Green Bay Packers.

I just yesterday set down a story on my Hero Henry 'Hammerin Hank' Aaron; and his quest to Tie and break Babe Ruth's Home Run Record. All the bigotry and death threats he suffered on that journey.
    I watched 715 with an all white crowd in front of a TV in Cherokee IA and not one person said a damn thing about his color. We were all too busy celebrating. It's too bad so many people only focus on the negatives.

If our defense this year is just average this should be a fun season. Look how far we got with that mess last season?

Some of you fellas are making me feel like a kid at 63.

I didn't realize this was a pensioners board. Though it explains a lot of the daytime posts.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I didn't realize this was a pensioners board. Though it explains a lot of the daytime posts.
    I always knew quite a few of us actually REMEMBER the Lombardi Packers; although, in a few short years we might be able to no longer!
    Last edited by Patler; 08-02-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Pugger, I didn't realize you were one of us!

If our defense this year is just average this should be a fun season. Look how far we got with that mess last season?

Go Pack GO !

Hey Kid !

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I always knew quite a few of us actually REMEMBER the Lombardi Packers; although, in a few short years we might be able to no longer!
    I sure remember those years and in my lifetime I have never been prouder to say..... I am a Green Bay Packer fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Pugger, I didn't realize you were one of us!
    She is not just one of us but rather falls into a whole different category !

Pugger may claim she is a whole lot sexier.

She is not just one of us but rather falls into a whole different category !

Pugger may claim she is a whole lot sexier.
    I was 30+ years ago but no so much now.