Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bears Game will be my 1st visit to Lambeau any advice

Bears Game will be my 1st visit to Lambeau any advice

So super excited to finally get to the motherland, coming from Rhode Island, any advice on game day activities not to miss. Thinking about purchasing the tailgate party deal so I don't have to deal and have yet to pick up tickets I'm thinking section 126 or 128, unless you regulars think I would be better in another section. Any advice appreciated and of course "GO PACK GO" I just had to see Packers / Bears game

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Fuzzy's Ticket Tours has a very solid tailgate. You can buy one online and also get tix and hotel in GB through them as well. It also includes a bus ride to and from the game back to your hotel.

Make sure you have time to just walk around and enjoy the atmosphere of gameday. It really is a unique experience.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    So super excited to finally get to the motherland, coming from Rhode Island, any advice on game day activities not to miss. Thinking about purchasing the tailgate party deal so I don't have to deal and have yet to pick up tickets I'm thinking section 126 or 128, unless you regulars think I would be better in another section. Any advice appreciated and of course "GO PACK GO" I just had to see Packers / Bears game
    Love me some 128! That is where our tickets are located. Fantastic when the ball is on the south side of the field. You will need to watch the jumbotron to see if they score on the north end.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

get there on a friday and take the "better" stadium tour that day or saturday. check out the museum too.

thanks all it's a Thursday game though so not sure on the tours.

I am interested in all the recommendations, too. We are going with friends to the Seahawks game. It will be just my second time at Lambeau for a game. The first was preseason in 1982 or 1983. I don't remember much about that one.

We always park at Ace Hardware on Ridge Road, probably 2-3 blocks from Lambeau. parking is like $15 or 20, i never remember, but is a full parking lot. And even though they "frown" on anyone using rest rooms, we always go in so we can have a normal restroom. We will buy a soda or something just so we aren't "cheap". Plus the parking lot is spacious enough that we can tailgate, throw a football around, and enjoy our time, most everyone else that parks there does that also. There are no "easy outs" after the game getting out on the road, but for us it has never seemed bad from there to leave as long as you know where you're going...but we live in the area, so we aren't in a rush. Entering the stadium the Mills Fleet Farm gate is right on that corner when you get to Lambeau, which is an easy gate to get in as it is like the back corner of the stadium, good view of the new Titletown district from there. It's also our favorite as it was the 1st Packer/Viking Favre game in Lambeau where my buddy was bad mouthing Favre, as we realized Deanna Favre was standing right in front of us.
    "I would love to have a guy that always gets the key hit, a pitcher that always makes his best pitch and a manager that can always make the right decision. The problem is getting him to put down his beer and come out of the stands and do those things." - Danny Murraugh

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ND72 View Post
    We always park at Ace Hardware on Ridge Road, probably 2-3 blocks from Lambeau. parking is like $15 or 20, i never remember, but is a full parking lot. And even though they "frown" on anyone using rest rooms, we always go in so we can have a normal restroom. We will buy a soda or something just so we aren't "cheap". Plus the parking lot is spacious enough that we can tailgate, throw a football around, and enjoy our time, most everyone else that parks there does that also. There are no "easy outs" after the game getting out on the road, but for us it has never seemed bad from there to leave as long as you know where you're going...but we live in the area, so we aren't in a rush. Entering the stadium the Mills Fleet Farm gate is right on that corner when you get to Lambeau, which is an easy gate to get in as it is like the back corner of the stadium, good view of the new Titletown district from there. It's also our favorite as it was the 1st Packer/Viking Favre game in Lambeau where my buddy was bad mouthing Favre, as we realized Deanna Favre was standing right in front of us.
    Great to see you postin', ND
    Keep em coming.

Two Summers ago and while home to New Brunswick, Canada. I ran into a young Lady who informed me that she and her Hubby went to Lambeau Field and a Packer game on their Honeymoon. She described that few days in Green Bay as the very best experience of her entire lifetime. She couldn't say enough that was positive about the whole experience.

Her Hubby is a staunch Packer fan. She had been a NE Patriots fan before this trip to Green Bay. Today she is someone who loves the Green Bay Packers and Packer fans. She said they could not have been treated better than how the people there treated them.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    I am interested in all the recommendations, too. We are going with friends to the Seahawks game. It will be just my second time at Lambeau for a game. The first was preseason in 1982 or 1983. I don't remember much about that one.
    All these many years and here at Packerrats (and your defense of all things Green Bay Packers); I thought you had to be Packer Brass Patler.

Was I ever fooled ! LOL
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    All these many years and here at Packerrats (and your defense of all things Green Bay Packers); I thought you had to be Packer Brass Patler.

Was I ever fooled ! LOL
    For years I had too many hockey obligations to even think about going to a game. For a lot of years, my autumn, winter and spring weekends were spent up in your neck of the woods, Woodbuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    For years I had too many hockey obligations to even think about going to a game. For a lot of years, my autumn, winter and spring weekends were spent up in your neck of the woods, Woodbuck!
    Patler We have communicated and that but who did you Scout for? I was simply kidding you and that other thing.

I was simply kidding you and that other thing.
    ya, I knew you were kidding. We've had enough good discussions both on the board and by message that I think I have come to know you, at least a bit!

When I go, which is once a year normally, I just break down and buy a parking pass from the Resch Center. If you buy online, its $25 which is about as expensive as it gets outside of being in the stadium lot, but you are guaranteed a spot and an easy exit. There are lots of spots with room to tailgate.

http://www.reschcenter.com/events/de...king-arena-lot

Its also works well for non-weekend games when we don't get there very early.

You are two blocks from the Stadium and close to a bunch of establishments to enjoy a beverage. BTW, unless you like large, drunk crowds (and sometimes they can be fun) stay away from the Stadium View.

Someone I know with season tickets stops on the outskirts of town (or even De Pere) to eat and drink. They then drive to their parking spot and walk right into the game. Probably not as much fun as the carnival atmosphere around the stadium, but your stomach and ears will love you for it. With the guaranteed Resch parking spot, you can choose whatever food or watering hole you want and still get close to the stadium at any time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    When I go, which is once a year normally, I just break down and buy a parking pass from the Resch Center. If you buy online, its $25 which is about as expensive as it gets outside of being in the stadium lot, but you are guaranteed a spot and an easy exit. There are lots of spots with room to tailgate.

pb, is that the "US Cellular" lot the website refers to?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Its also works well for non-weekend games when we don't get there very early.

You are two blocks from the Stadium and close to a bunch of establishments to enjoy a beverage. BTW, unless you like large, drunk crowds (and sometimes they can be fun) stay away from the Stadium View.

Someone I know with season tickets stops on the outskirts of town (or even De Pere) to eat and drink. They then drive to their parking spot and walk right into the game. Probably not as much fun as the carnival atmosphere around the stadium, but your stomach and ears will love you for it. With the guaranteed Resch parking spot, you can choose whatever food or watering hole you want and still get close to the stadium at any time.
    Good stuff for anyone attending a game for the first time.

Blog Entries
    Good stuff for anyone attending a game for the first time.
    Packer Hall of Fame is a must as is a Stadium Tour

I also have fond memories of Caramel at the Oval Office.... scratch that idea ....haha
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

thanks all great info

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I think it all depends on where you want to tailgate at.

You should decide if you want to be East or West of the Stadium. I can't tell you much about the West side, that is the new Title Town area. There are a couple of bars on that side of the stadium but that is the side that the Interstate runs by not too far away and the Packers have grabbed all the land there for the Title Town district.

The East side is where all the bars are. You have Stadium View, The Bar, Anduzzi's, Green Bay Distillery, Brett Favre Steak House. There is a great lot just behind the Green Bay Distillery, that charged $15 per game last year, that is 3 blocks from the stadium and just on the edge of all the bars on that side of Lambeau. They also have plenty of room if you have your own grill and want to cook out.

Definitely take the stadium tour, see the Hall of Fame and go to the Packers Locker Room "under/below" the stadium.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Can any of you locals provide local ticket agencies, I can go stub hub but looking for other options that might be local to greenbay. Just need to secure some ticket now