Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
I'm fairly satisfied with our RBs. Montgomery was outstanding last year, and any shittiness by the rookies in this game I would attribute to the O Line - which I still think is sadly overrated. You virtually never see a pass play where our QB doesn't have to run to avoid the rush, and there's generally damn little quality run blocking either.

the idea of trying out a your Safety at Corner, but I have doubts it will be a miracle solution. I'd even try a WR or 2 or 3 at Corner - it couldn't hurt.

As for Janis and his moves, I can't help thinking the extremely limited variety of moves he uses is simply because he's running the plays as called, and they aren't asking him to do any more than that. They DAMN well better not cut him and have him resurface as a star WR for some other team.
Must be that hot Texas air. Yer comfy with our backs? That's bad bc we don't have any.

Janis has few routes bc he is a super slow learner. He is picking things up, as evidenced by the nice (but raggedy) sluggo he ran on that Philly dback for a six. He's picking things up. he ain't gonna get cut. He's our fourth (mebbe fifth) WR + Zook would kill anyone who wanted him cut off ST.