Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Eagles Game Day Thread

That was PI against Yancey. Defender had his arm pinned down.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Dupre had feeling in all limbs.

Also

Wes Hodkiewicz‏ @WesHod 2m2 minutes ago
    Dupre has feeling and movement in all of his extremities. He has been taken to a hospital for further evaluation #PHIvsGB

Pringle hurt on punt coverage.

Said it last year and I still believe it to be true this year..... Joe Callahan is a better QB than Brett Hundley. And I'd go as far as to say he's the best Backup QB to Rodgers we've had. He's better than Flynn. Stronger arm. Has moxie. You can just see he's always in control. Makes all the throws. Better head than Hundley. Better player.

My highlights of the game

Clark looked powerful and quick. Gonna be a load alongside Daniels.
    Davis is an exlosive returner
    Brice plays faster than any safety we've had since Nick Collins
    Callahan is a stud. He's a gamer. Has a big arm. Throws just as well on the move. Always confident and attacking. A baller.

As long as Brice, Clinton dix and Burnett are healthy we're gonna see a lot of Nitro.
    Last edited by RashanGary; 08-10-2017 at 10:38 PM.

Disappointments....
    Randall and Barclay injuries.
    Didn't get to see Montgomery run much
    King looks up and down. Attacks one play but gets beat next. he's young so whatever. Let's give it a year or two
    Safety Jones looked blah. Nothing special in game 1. But a rookie so we'll wait
    Spriggs got torched

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    How was that not a penalty? Preseason for the refs too I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    He's an angry Elf.

I don't believe that in the photo is an elf.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    I don't believe that in the photo is an elf.
    You Feelin' strong? Call me Elf ONCE MORE!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

How did the oline do? That is what I want to know?

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Only thing I noticed was spriggs get toasted a couple times real bad by the rookie Barnett. Other than that seemed to hold up well.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/...a-df952ad5eb6f

Thursday's Top Play: (Trevor) Davis goes the distance

" Hear from Trevor Davis and Mike McCarthy as they discuss the 68-yard punt return TD against the Eagles."

Comment woodbuck27: There are more videos here from this big first Preseason game win over the Eagles.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Well, I finally got to see the Eagles game.

Even though we won fairly easily against a not horrible team, I kinda have a vague feeling of disappointment. Sure, we dominated their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th strings with ours, our first string both O and D didn't look so hot. The O Line showed little ability to run block, and most of the passes were after our QB was forced out of the pocket. None of our RBs were impressive, but then they never had any openings. I don't think the Eagles D was stacked to stop the run either - why would they do that against the Packers.

Pretty much all of our WRs were impressive. I'm thinking now more than ever that Cobb's days could be numbered with the Packers. Allison also didn't look like much, and he has the suspension which may or may not mean an underlying character issue. You always have to consider who played against scrubs and who went against better players, but Yancy, Janis, Clark, maybe McCaffrey and Dupre all looked better than guys above them on the depth chart.

I was not overly impressed at first look with Kevin King. Rollins, for all the good words in practice, didn't look like much. Same with Hawkins. The Safetys on the other hand, looked excellent - Bryce and Evans in particular. It seemed like the Packers were emphasizing ILB blitzes and not much from the OLBs. It was frustrating, however, that so many times that the pass rush came close but didn't quite get there. I can't help thinking that Capers just ain't showing his best stuff ...... and we still held 'em to 9 points. Our D Line looked better than our D Line has looked for a few years anyway - first string on down, a lot of quality play.

Vogel looked great as a punter, but the kicking game, even though there were no misses, didn't very good - kicks that were good but kinda ugly.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Said it last year and I still believe it to be true this year..... Joe Callahan is a better QB than Brett Hundley. And I'd go as far as to say he's the best Backup QB to Rodgers we've had. He's better than Flynn. Stronger arm. Has moxie. You can just see he's always in control. Makes all the throws. Better head than Hundley. Better player.
    Just finished watching the game on NFLN replay. I believe you are spot on. I'd go far as to say he was pulled because of his play.

TT was on the sideline realizing any more of this and we're going to have to carry 3 QB's on the roster, no hiding him on the PS.

Rodgers is the starter.
    Hundley is the back-up.
    Callahan and Hill are competing for 3rd string/practice squad.

I doubt this will change unless we see another injury to Hundley.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    No run game. Pass blocking was good. 3rd string tackles were getting abused by upfield rushes.

Spriggs got beat at least once with inside counter move at LT.

Hundley was playing against the 1s without Nelson. Callahan had the 2nd and third string in the second half.

Dupre is back at work, no worse for wear apparently.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/f...wistatejournal

EDIT: OK, I read further and he returned for meetings but might be in the protocol.

McCarthy said they submitted two hits by the Eagles to the League. Dupre hit and a crackback on D Randall.

Did anyone else notice the replays were almost non-existent during the broadcast? They showed some plays multiple times, but other interesting plays never got a replay. Much different from network game where almost everything gets a replay even if its after the break.
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-12-2017 at 09:55 AM.

http://www.12up.com/posts/5388567-mi...me?a_aid=36476

Mike McCarthy Asks NFL to Investigate Devastating Hits From First Preseason Game

By: Nick Brown ....12 AUG 2017

" The Green Bay Packers may have won their first preseason game of the year, ta​king down the Philadelphia Eagles in front of a raucous Lambeau Field crowd, but there was way more negativity than positivity surrounding the win.

​Young WR Malachi Dupre, as well as starting CB Damarious Randall went down with concussions after suffering some devastating hits, and now Mike McCarthy is asking the NFL to investigate the collisions for foul play. "
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau