Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Official Packers vs. Eagles Game Day Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Tex, you are delusional. Do you really think that the staff that developed Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Randall Cobb and Davante Adams into stars wouldn't do the same with Janis if he were capable of it?
    You forgot our best 7th round WR ever, Donald Driver!
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Tex, you are delusional. Do you really think that the staff that developed Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, James Jones, Randall Cobb and Davante Adams into stars wouldn't do the same with Janis if he were capable of it?
    He 100% does think that.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    They DAMN well better not cut him and have him resurface as a star WR for some other team.
    yeah! like all the other all-pros the packers have released.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'm fairly satisfied with our RBs. Montgomery was outstanding last year, and any shittiness by the rookies in this game I would attribute to the O Line - which I still think is sadly overrated. You virtually never see a pass play where our QB doesn't have to run to avoid the rush, and there's generally damn little quality run blocking either.

the idea of trying out a your Safety at Corner, but I have doubts it will be a miracle solution. I'd even try a WR or 2 or 3 at Corner - it couldn't hurt.

As for Janis and his moves, I can't help thinking the extremely limited variety of moves he uses is simply because he's running the plays as called, and they aren't asking him to do any more than that. They DAMN well better not cut him and have him resurface as a star WR for some other team.
    Must be that hot Texas air. Yer comfy with our backs? That's bad bc we don't have any.

Janis has few routes bc he is a super slow learner. He is picking things up, as evidenced by the nice (but raggedy) sluggo he ran on that Philly dback for a six. He's picking things up. he ain't gonna get cut. He's our fourth (mebbe fifth) WR + Zook would kill anyone who wanted him cut off ST.

Rodgers is the starter.
    Hundley is the back-up.
    Callahan and Hill are competing for 3rd string/practice squad.

I doubt this will change unless we see another injury to Hundley.

Hundley was playing against the 1s without Nelson. Callahan had the 2nd and third string in the second half.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Hundley was playing against the 1s without Nelson. Callahan had the 2nd and third string in the second half.
    Philly dumped their first string after a series. Callahan auto parts was playing against Philly's fourth and fifth strings. I'm not really sure this is true - just my string theory.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Dupre is back at work, no worse for wear apparently.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/f...wistatejournal

EDIT: OK, I read further and he returned for meetings but might be in the protocol.

McCarthy said they submitted two hits by the Eagles to the League. Dupre hit and a crackback on D Randall.

Did anyone else notice the replays were almost non-existent during the broadcast? They showed some plays multiple times, but other interesting plays never got a replay. Much different from network game where almost everything gets a replay even if its after the break.
    Last edited by pbmax; 08-12-2017 at 09:55 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://www.12up.com/posts/5388567-mi...me?a_aid=36476

Mike McCarthy Asks NFL to Investigate Devastating Hits From First Preseason Game

By: Nick Brown ....12 AUG 2017

" The Green Bay Packers may have won their first preseason game of the year, ta​king down the Philadelphia Eagles in front of a raucous Lambeau Field crowd, but there was way more negativity than positivity surrounding the win.

​Young WR Malachi Dupre, as well as starting CB Damarious Randall went down with concussions after suffering some devastating hits, and now Mike McCarthy is asking the NFL to investigate the collisions for foul play. "
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I checked the TV schedule last night, trying to find when the Packer preseason game was this weekend. I'm not quite locked and loaded yet for Packer season.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I checked the TV schedule last night, trying to find when the Packer preseason game was this weekend. I'm not quite locked and loaded yet for Packer season.
    You should have signed up for the newsletter.

take it to FYI, you sneaky bastard

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    take it to FYI, you sneaky bastard
    Ahh, there are infractions on many sides. So many sides. Easy.

Ahh, there are infarctions on many sides. So many sides. Easy.
    FIFY

I am going to wait until he learns his third route before comparing him to Driver.