Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games by NFL

Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games by NFL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...x-games-by-nfl

Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games by NFL

By Around The NFL staff NFL.com

Published: Aug. 11, 2017 at 12:14 p.m. Updated: Aug. 11, 2017 at 01:15 p.m.

" The NFL suspended Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott six games Friday for violating the league's personal-conduct policy.

The ruling comes after the NFL's year-long investigation into domestic violence accusations made against him by Tiffany Thompson, who identified herself as his former girlfriend to authorities. "
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    TT strikes again!

This isn't going to end here, I suspect. Too much he said, she said, and no police charges.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    TT strikes again!

This isn't going to end here, I suspect. Too much he said, she said, and no police charges.
    The NFL spent a year investigating, looking at reports, 911 calls, photographic evidence, etc. The conduct policy does not require charges to suspend. Paying a woman to not pursue charges will no longer prevent suspensions.

Elliot may appeal, but hopefully it falls on deaf ears.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Couldn't have happened to a better team.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Jones is apparently having a hissy fit about it. He's pissed that Goodell doesn't realize that the Cowpatties are bigger than the NFL.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Couldn't have happened to a better team.
    Cow Dung, lol.

Most importantly, Darren McFadden's value just went up in fantasy football.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    The NFL spent a year investigating, looking at reports, 911 calls, photographic evidence, etc. The conduct policy does not require charges to suspend. Paying a woman to not pursue charges will no longer prevent suspensions.

Elliot may appeal, but hopefully it falls on deaf ears.
    yeah, I get it. I just think he may fight to protect himself. Even if he did it, letting the NFL suspend him is essentially an admission of guilt. I haven't followed this extremely close, but a lot of talk here has centered on why he was never prosecuted. There are some glaring inconsistencies apparently. However, the NFL can suspend him for anything they want, so long as it comports with the NFLPA agreement.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Letroy Guion and Johny Jolly will be swinging by to pick up Elliot as the new member of their posse.

Elliott is appealing.

The statement reads: "We just learned of the NFL's decision to suspend Mr. Elliott for six games for allegedly engaging in 'physical force' against the accuser. Mr. Elliott and his team of representatives are extremely disappointed with the NFL's decision.

"Our offices have been engaged in this matter since last July and have worked hand in hand with the Columbus Prosecutor's office as well as the NFL with their respective investigations. Accordingly, we are fully aware of the full body of evidence that exists in connection with this matter.

"The NFL's findings are replete with factual inaccuracies and erroneous conclusions and it 'cherry picks' so called evidence to support its conclusion while ignoring other critical evidence.

"For example, both the Columbus Prosecutor's office as well as the NFL investigators expressly concluded and conveyed to our office (and others) that the accuser was lying about an alleged July 22, 2016 incident whereby she accused Mr. Elliott of pulling her out of her car and assaulting her. An allegation that was ultimately undermined by her own friend's affidavit which stated that no such assault occurred. The affidavit also outlined the accuser's plan to orchestrate a story to police to in order to corroborate her false allegation of assault. In addition, the NFL's own medical experts concluded that many of her injuries predated the week in question and likely occurred during a period of time when Mr. Elliott was not in contact with the accuser. During the upcoming weeks and through the appeal a slew of additional credible and controverting evidence will come to light."

The NFL suspended Elliott six games for violating the league's personal-conduct policy. The ruling comes after the NFL's year-long investigation into domestic violence accusations made against him by Tiffany Thompson, who identified herself as his former girlfriend to authorities.

If the six-game suspension stands, Elliott would be eligible to make his season debut Oct. 29 against the Washington Redskins.

If he wasn't charged,tried, and convicted. Goodell and the overly PC NFL is over reaching. As it is in society a women just has to accuse a man and the onus is on him to prove he did nothing. Not on the accusing woman to prove what he supposedly did.

i believe four independent people saw the evidence and agreed on it. they also took the st. patricks day and recent bar incidents into consideration. no problem with it.

The league has a lot of leeway with the interpretation of the CBA in this aspect. His suspension is going to stand, in some capacity. I wouldn't be surprised it it is cut in half or reduced to 4 games, though, so GB will likely have to face him.

The NFL did it's own investigation and deemed him guilty and now he must pay the price as the NFL demands.

End of story without an appeal.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Once again, the League is mainly involved in a circle jerk. If you cooperate, they will side with you. Don't cooperate, they will punish you. In this case, it was the woman and not the player who cooperated.

They should just get out of this business.

http://deadspin.com/the-nfl-is-still...ong-1797765706
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

BRING BLACK KENESAW MOUNTAIN LANDIS!

Its officially a shitshow. Lovely writeup from Deadspin:

http://deadspin.com/the-nfl-set-itse...his-1797902751

Its almost not funny how much worse Goodell is that Tagliabue, but the public reputations are inverted.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Watch it get dropped to 4 games

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon494 View Post
    Watch it get dropped to 4 games
    Its a random number at this point because there is no standard, very few precedents and as with many domestic violence claims, the evidence leans one way but is not bulletproof. You could read ANY modification you wanted into that 160 page report.