Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games by NFL

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    The law is irrelevant when the cooks have all the power.
    When the cooks have taken over you no longer have the choice of not watching, because sausages and law are the same thing.

Wow does the NFL have a hard-on about going after this guy.

I guess after the embarrassment of the Starcaps case (P. Williams retiring before they could punish him) and their recent success in the Brady case, it is no surprise they are pressing the advantage.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    When the cooks have taken over you no longer have the choice of not watching, because sausages and law are the same thing.
    that hurt my brain
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post

I guess after the embarrassment of the Starcaps case (P. Williams retiring before they could punish him) and their recent success in the Brady case, it is no surprise they are pressing the advantage.
    I say just get it done and over with.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post

Ray Rice fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    that hurt my brain
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Sausage excepted.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    The Elliot suspension may work against the GBP because it means the Eagles are now a favorite to sweep their division. If they do that they will be a good bet to finish 13-3 or better. The only games where they won't be heavy favorites, aside from @Dall, will be Denver, @Rams and @Sea.
    i hear ya. one other thing...a bad record for the boys put them in position to get another no-brainer draft pick. they're stacked already. the last thing i want to see is them getting even stronger.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    In an alternate universe, Goodell amended the hearing process (and the personal conduct policy) with the agreement of the NFLPA and had actual, published guidelines.

Then this would be over much more quickly.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    In an alternate universe, Goodell amended the hearing process (and the personal conduct policy) with the agreement of the NFLPA and had actual, published guidelines.

Then this would be over much more quickly.
    Please. Any player caught on the wrong side of this would still fight it through the courts, even if the NFLPA agreed with the process. No player wants to lose a check for getting caught or behaving poorly, so they'd fight it regardless.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Please. Any player caught on the wrong side of this would still fight it through the courts, even if the NFLPA agreed with the process. No player wants to lose a check for getting caught or behaving poorly, so they'd fight it regardless.
    Of course. And a player like Brady has the cash to finance the whole thing himself.

But if the NFLPA is holding up its end of the CBA, which they are not willing to do for the Personal Conduct Policy now as Goodell is enforcing it, half of your lawsuits go away.

As does money for lawyers and court proceedings. And not every player has Brady's resources.

Not to mention a process and hearing that is perceived to be fair among participants is going to generate fewer long term complaints. In fact, if it becomes more common to accept the decision, then more and more players will cease to litigate. Even now, most players don't end up in Federal Court.

Same goes for player safety. But Goodell is too dumb to learn a lesson others have tried to impart.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Looks like Zeke will finally start his suspension.

The Cowboys will be ok for six games with McFadden and Morris running behind that excellent O Line.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Finally.

The Dallas Cowboys simply suck this up and get him back for likely a possible good Playoff Run.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=nfl

Jerry Jones: Ezekiel Elliott 'A Victim of an Overcorrection' by NFL, Defends RB

BY: MIKE CHIARI ...OCTOBER 31, 2017

" ... Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones called Ezekiel Elliott a "victim of overcorrection" Tuesday after the running back's six-game suspension was reinstated Monday.

"The ruling has more to do with the scope of the commissioner's authority and not really bearing on whether Zeke is guilty of domestic violence or not. That's where this stuff gets so convoluted, let's say. I am very troubled by the swings that we've had, that in this very thing the judge in this case ratified for the commissioner, but his swing of judgement has been unbelievable from the Ray Rice thing from one to two games all the way up to a six-game suspension when you truly have got a debate."... "
    Jerry Jones

Comment woodbuck27:

Does Jerry Jones make a solid point there?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...m_campaign=nfl

Jerry Jones: Ezekiel Elliott 'A Victim of an Overcorrection' by NFL, Defends RB

BY: MIKE CHIARI ...OCTOBER 31, 2017

" ... Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones called Ezekiel Elliott a "victim of overcorrection" Tuesday after the running back's six-game suspension was reinstated Monday.

"The ruling has more to do with the scope of the commissioner's authority and not really bearing on whether Zeke is guilty of domestic violence or not. That's where this stuff gets so convoluted, let's say. I am very troubled by the swings that we've had, that in this very thing the judge in this case ratified for the commissioner, but his swing of judgement has been unbelievable from the Ray Rice thing from one to two games all the way up to a six-game suspension when you truly have got a debate."... "
    Jerry Jones

Comment woodbuck27:

Does Jerry Jones make a solid point there?
    No. Jerry Jones does not make any kind of point except the one on top of his head.

Remember, Jones was first in line defending the Patriots "Deflate Gate" penalty. He was quite vociferous promoting the Commissioners power to defend the shield. Now the shoe is on the other foot, and he is whimpering like a puppy in the cold rain.

Jones is a douche bag.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...zekiel-elliott

Comment woodbuck27:

The DRAMA continues.

NFLPA files motion on behalf of Ezekiel Elliott seeking emergency injunction

3:57 PM ET From: ESPN.com ... Wed. 1 Nov. 2017